Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

QX-75 Micro Grow

146 posts in this topic

Lovely mate :yep:

Now is where the plant will really turn and go for it...i love your micro set up its inspired :yes:

Farmer G 

4 people like this

On 18/06/2020 at 7:28 PM, Exhale said:

Looks good mate, keep up the good work!

Thanks mate

On 20/06/2020 at 8:58 AM, FARMER G said:

Lovely mate :yep:

Now is where the plant will really turn and go for it...i love your micro set up its inspired :yes:

Farmer G 

Thanks bud

Hopefully mate would love every inch to be filled.. haha iv been surprised how hassle free it's been so far. Will be interesting to see how hard the environment is to control during flowering in the shed.

2 people like this

Week 2 from flip

Well this week has been eventful..

Firstly these cheap 4" usb fans are shit killed two in one month

large.rps20200406_222016.jpg

Changed it for a pc fan now, knew that's what I should of done from the start.

I decided to put the smart pot onto mesh wire so I can water with run off.

large.5ef50f530c706_Screenshot_20200625-2139412.jpg

Measured the run off today after feeding 3ml fishmix 1ml bloom.. the EC in was 1.9 the EC out was 3.5! So clearly not watering to run off has built up some nutrients. The plant is still looking healthy so will just water with plain water next and measure again hoping to solve any future problems. I know these things aren't as big of a deal in soil but would like to keep things healthy. From now on will water with 10-20% run off every 3 waterings.

So obviously putting the plant on the wire raised it an inch and split the main stem :wanker:

large.Screenshot_20200625_214043.jpg

Put a cable tie at the bottom, drop of honey in the crack and wrapped up with twine

large.Screenshot_20200625_214258.jpg

Been a couple days and everything seems fine.

a record temperature today outside at 31c made inside the shed 34c! Had to put the fans on full power and to my amazement the cabinet only reached a high of 32c! That's with a 50w led in there! Crazy happy about this means even in extreme weather it's doable.

Buds buds baby

large.Screenshot_20200625_214118.jpg

When the temperature drops outside will push the lights to 55w.. naughty I know 

large.Screenshot_20200625_214130.jpg

Not long now to see what this light can really do :skin_up:

15 people like this

Looking good mate, filling that space out nicely

I didn't think you could measure the ec of organic nutrients? They don't contain salts so ec is irrelevant was my understanding.

@80085This is what I read previously

Edited by Greenls
2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Greenls said:

Looking good mate, filling that space out nicely

I didn't think you could measure the ec of organic nutrients? They don't contain salts so ec is irrelevant was my understanding.

@80085This is what I read previously

Ah shit really lol I take it that's the same for reading ppm then! Missed that information thanks. Would explain why the plant looks perfectly healthy haha cool I'll ditch the pen then. Still good practice to water with run off every now and again?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, 80085 said:

Still good practice to water with run off every now and again?

No, so long as you still fully saturate the pot you don't need run off with organics and flushing is to be avoided. 

Edited by FatBoy77
2 people like this

7 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

No, so long as you still fully saturate the pot you don't need run off with organics and flushing is to be avoided. 

Ok nice one thanks mate! So in hindsight raising my pot onto the mesh was a waste of time lol appreciate the info still learning so all welcome :yep:

1 person likes this

The new pc fan is fitted, wired up to a 9v adaptor so gives off a gentle breeze perfect for the canopy. Moving up and down at the moment with twine but will get a yo-yo for the future.

large.Screenshot_20200626_102955.jpg

10 people like this

@80085 she has really filled that space nicely, well done mate, everything looks spot on. :yep:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Exhale said:

@80085 she has really filled that space nicely, well done mate, everything looks spot on. :yep:

Thanks mate keep comparing them to your healthy looking nursery! Be interesting to see how close they end up to the light, most of the stretch should be over now so fingers crossed the timing is bang on! You planning on flowering yours?

1 person likes this

@80085 I won't be flowering in the Nursery or trying to until the end of the year or beginning of next, I've got some stuff in the pipeline for the competition diary, this one Sour'Kush I've managed to clone looks like a good bet for micro growing she's a stout lass with sod all stretch so far!

1 person likes this

Nice man @Exhale I look forward to seeing that show! :hippy:

1 person likes this

Looking lovely in there @80085, very nice job.

These heat waves really can separate the LED guys from the rest if you ask me.

- Craig

5 people like this

On 26/06/2020 at 7:31 AM, 80085 said:

Ok nice one thanks mate! So in hindsight raising my pot onto the mesh was a waste of time lol appreciate the info still learning so all welcome :yep:

I used to water mine in a deep saucer as those pots leak when you water em, then let them suck most of that back up - and when finished I would put them back on the mesh. I reckon the mesh helps the roots in those things. Nice grow. :)  

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Satchitananda said:

I used to water mine in a deep saucer as those pots leak when you water em, then let them suck most of that back up - and when finished I would put them back on the mesh. I reckon the mesh helps the roots in those things. Nice grow. :)  

Funny you should say that was thinking the other day must help having oxygen be able to get all around the pot, it's also handy to know how much water it takes to completely saturate the soil because you can see it drip out the bottom were as before I didn't know so will keep this set up for the future! Thanks for popping in mate and the kind words :yep:

5 hours ago, diyleduk said:

Looking lovely in there @80085, very nice job.

These heat waves really can separate the LED guys from the rest if you ask me.

- Craig

Thanks Craig, yeah mate it physically wouldn't be possible with any other light in my shed that's why I never even attempted it with CFLs!

4 people like this