Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

QX-75 Micro Grow

146 posts in this topic
50 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Lovely little cab mate, i dont how hot your soil is but i dont think the fishmix will be giving you tip burn especially at 1ml per litre.

Thanks mate, yeah it would suprise me so will be interesting to see how it develops only got a bit of ffb mixed through the compost so shouldn't be to hot. Hopefully it's nothing.

6 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@80085 moving along nicely, if you can get your temps up to 28-30c when using leds and they will respond and worship you.

Toke...

Nice one @tokenroll appreciate that tip mate! On the hot days it is around 27c 28c but the last couple it's been around 23c. I will change the tube heater to a minimum of 25c then keep the temps a bit higher. :yep:

4 people like this

Smashing little micro build love it mate :yep: 

All the best with the cycle...Avatar is blinding me though...

Farmer G 

3 people like this

Cheers buddy @FARMER G

lol yeah i did change it once not wanting to offend the female growers among us but there was a demand to change it back haha

2 people like this

Another weeks gone by...

Started the training process on the 30th of April by bending over the two main tops.

large.Screenshot_20200430_141443.jpg

The next day they had turned back

large.Screenshot_20200507_121417.jpg

I then gave her a couple days to grow before the next step.

large.Screenshot_20200507_121409.jpg

On the 3rd of may I then bent the tops back over and gave her a heavy trim cutting off blocking fan leaves and fed 1ml of fish mix.

large.Screenshot_20200507_121401.jpg

Is was at this point I ran into my first couple problems, the plant started slowing down in growth and wilting. The yellow tips started to appear on new growth.

First thing that needed sorting was fungus gnats! Started to get quite a few so consciously been trying to keep top soil dry and added yellow sticky pad. 

large.Screenshot_20200507_121339.jpg

I then decided to pH test the tap water and soil, turns out it's very alkaline at 7.5+ so yesterday I used pH down to 7 with viniger and watered. The leaves shot back up and she looks nice and healthy again, pretty sure she locked out so got pH pen on the way and starting to read ec levels.

Turned the light up to 35w trying to keep the temps up to 29c but struggling amazingly! This little light has crazy power with next to no heat output! My only worry in the shed on hot days but not an issue at all.

large.Screenshot_20200507_121325.jpg

So we are at veg day 40 today and everything is heading in the right direction :skin_up:

large.Screenshot_20200507_121351.jpg

12 people like this

Just been recommended this light for a 2x2 grow. Are you planning to keep this plant in from start to finish? I would like to do just 1 plant but not sure if the light is suitable to go all the way. 

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Bluestaffy09 said:

Just been recommended this light for a 2x2 grow. Are you planning to keep this plant in from start to finish? I would like to do just 1 plant but not sure if the light is suitable to go all the way. 

Yeah will be running this plant all the way to harvest with this light. The qx-75 is full spectrum mate so designed to grow from seed to harvest  :yep:

3 people like this

This is great!

So glad i found this :) 

Veg 47 days

Temp: 29c - 24c average 27c

Rh: 45% - 70%

Light: 35w

Feed: 1ml fish mix

large.Screenshot_20200514_132717.jpg

Growth seemed slow to me so decided to pot up into final fabric pot on the 11th. I will be putting a scrog net in soon so probably a good time to get re potted any way.

Folded over the top 2-3 inches to save on height so the 10l pot is probably now roughly 8l 

large.Screenshot_20200514_132739.jpg

She clearly appreciated the re potting because once settled growth has started moving on nicely again

large.Screenshot_20200514_192610.jpg

Seems we're heading in the right direction for now :skin_up:

11 people like this

Day 49 veg

Put the scrog net in today. The canopy is about 18 inches from the light. Plan on filling 80% of it before flipping, hopefully this is about right for stretch.

large.Screenshot_20200516_123452.jpg

Edited by 80085
12 people like this

Another weeks gone by..

The qx-75 board has been running at 35w, which I think is crazy talk about a budget grow!

large.Screenshot_20200523_141838.jpg

Gave her a good trim again to get light to lower branches and cleaned up under the canopy. Decided to change light schedule to 20/4.

large.Screenshot_20200523_141827.jpg

Sprung back nicely bringing us to today..

56 days veg

Temp: 20-30c

Rh: 40-55%

Light: 35w

Feed: 1ml

EC: 1.0

pH: 6.5

large.Screenshot_20200523_141702.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200523_141522.jpg

Don't know if it's the light or the strain but this tpfv has super tight internodes!

Now turned the light up to 40w, will carry on slowly increasing to find out how far I can go.

I'm think of flipping 12/12 in the next few days.. what do you think? Don't know what to expect on stretch.

Here's a cheeky full cabinet shot with the sexy qx-75 board featuring.

large.Screenshot_20200523_141535.jpg

16 people like this

It's probably more indica than anything being a "fast version" I would fill the net and develop as many tops as you can as that's where the yield is with LED. :yep:

5 people like this

Nice one @Exhale that's exactly what I will do then :yep:  

2 people like this

Nice one mate...I do love the look of these fixtures I may have to get one for the mother chamber 

I would take advice and fill a little more...going by the tight internodes and its general bushy structure those type of plants rarely stretch for it when flipped.

Farmer G 

4 people like this

2 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Nice one mate...I do love the look of these fixtures I may have to get one for the mother chamber 

I would take advice and fill a little more...going by the tight internodes and its general bushy structure those type of plants rarely stretch for it when flipped.

Farmer G 

Cheers buddy, yeah the internodes on this plant are crazy right! Thanks for the advice mate that's my plan now. I don't know if its my growing technique or the strain but does seem to grow slowly to me, but then I haven't ran an indoor grow for years and I'm in no rush. Think a couple autos or something might be better in here for a quicker turn around

2 people like this

Day 66 veg

Temp: 24-31c

Rh: 40-70%

Feed: 2ml fish 2ml seaweed

Light: 40w

All looking good and keeping on top of temps no problems even in this heat, more training.

large.Screenshot_20200602_220113.jpg

large.Screenshot_20200602_220153.jpg

Maybe another week before flipping, definitely will need to have a play with growing in different styles to see which is the best yield and turn around for this cabinet.

12 people like this