Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


80085

QX-75 Micro Grow

146 posts in this topic

Welcome growers..

 

This is my micro grow in the shed stealth style! (Attempt) lol

 

I've been growing outdoors in the UK for the last 5 years with only a cabinet to get my seedlings going. Done the odd seed to harvest with CFLs but nothing special.

 

Then I came across the QX-75 LED board from @diyleduk which looked made to measure for my cabinet and ideal for temps being in the shed. Never using an led before excited to get going was a understatement.

 

Yesterday I received my QX-75 LED through the door from @diyleduk and it's obvious these lights are miles above anything iv seen before for light output to wattage! On full power 75w is crazy bright! Couldn't believe how bright it was. Would like to say a massive thank you to Adam for sorting it out!

 

The light QX-75

 

Each QX board has 128 leds in total. 

120x LM301H (3500k)

6x LM351H (660nm deep red)

2x  (730nm far red)

 

And looks pretty

large.rps20200417_220033.jpglarge.rps20200417_220020.jpg

 

The driver has a nice length of cable to reach outside my cabinet and the dimmer switch is a very easy way to adjust wattage 

large.rps20200417_220050.jpg

 

The cabinet

 

I decided the cabinet needed upgrading ready for the new light to give me the best chance possible..

 

Dimensions, 35x35x80cm

large.rps20200406_221949.jpg

 

I put a mini tube heater in and usb fan to help control temps. Then decided I know longer like access from the side.

large.rps20200406_222328.jpg

 

Swapped set up around so I could get to the plants from the front.

large.rps20200406_222315.jpg

 

Both pc fans have acoustic ducting attached.

large.rps20200406_222134.jpg

 

The bottom one bringing in air through the bottom of the shed 

large.rps20200406_222146.jpg

 

The top one is connected to my 4" rvk fan that's boxed in for silence sitting on a rhino carbon filter.

large.rps20200406_222159.jpg

 

I then insulted the cabinet..

large.rps20200406_222302.jpglarge.rps20200406_222120.jpg

 

I put the inkbird probe under shade from the light.

large.rps20200406_222005.jpg

 

Attached a wac1 step controller to my 4" rvk to reduce noise further.

large.rps20200406_222100.jpg

 

Then yesterday I got to do the exciting part.. getting the light in and set up :skin_up:

26 people like this

Share this post


Link to post


Check out this piece of kit! It couldn't be any more perfect for this cabinet..

large.rps20200417_220116.jpg

 

Nearly covering the top fully..

large.rps20200417_220216.jpg

The heat that comes off is next to nothing. The low profile means I can attach right to the top gaining maximum height.

large.rps20200417_220128.jpg

 

The dimmer switch is perfectly placed next to my fan controller

large.rps20200417_220152.jpg

 

The photos are taken with the light dimmed down, you don't want to see It on full power lol

 

So the cabinet is all up and ready now, buzzing to get going..

large.rps20200417_220104.jpg

 

large.rps20200417_220228.jpg

To be continued :skin_up:

38 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Nice stealthy setup. When you popping seeds for this year?

 

The key to good led grows is keep temps up and dont push the light too close. Its easy going.

 

:D

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Awesome cab mate and that light looks mint! Would fit my space nicely too (450×450mm). Good luck mate I will follow. Are you still doing some outdoor too this year? We usually see trees from you around September! :yinyang:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, 80085 said:

Check out this piece of kit! It couldn't be any more perfect for this cabinet..

large.rps20200417_220116.jpg

 

Nearly covering the top fully..

large.rps20200417_220216.jpg

The heat that comes off is next to nothing. The low profile means I can attach right to the top gaining maximum height.

large.rps20200417_220128.jpg

 

The dimmer switch is perfectly placed next to my fan controller

large.rps20200417_220152.jpg

 

The photos are taken with the light dimmed down, you don't want to see It on full power lol

 

So the cabinet is all up and ready now, buzzing to get going..

large.rps20200417_220104.jpg

 

large.rps20200417_220228.jpg

To be continued :skin_up:

:notworthy:

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

Nice stealthy setup. When you popping seeds for this year?

 

The key to good led grows is keep temps up and dont push the light too close. Its easy going.

 

:D

 

Cheers mate, already popped will be updating today. Haha I'm sure I'm going to run into a few questions for you along the way lol

 

19 minutes ago, Openairbud said:

Awesome cab mate and that light looks mint! Would fit my space nicely too (450×450mm). Good luck mate I will follow. Are you still doing some outdoor too this year? We usually see trees from you around September! :yinyang:

 

Cheers buddy! Yeah would be perfect for that space it's a wicked piece of kit especially for the price. Haha yeah man still got plans for outdoors this year, at least this way I should have one plant not affect by mould lol

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Awesome cabinet build and the light fits perfectly. Hope you get some seeds going soon. If you haven't seen Shire's diary you should have a look. He grew two different strains, can't remember what, with a 65w quantum board from DIYLED and they were ridiculously good. I think his space was bigger but may give you some helpful pointers. Will keep an eye on this one as I do like a cabinet grow.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

@ROCKSTEADY6 cheers buddy join the ride, nice I will go check that out.. will be a learning curve this first grow so any decent bud will be a result!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Wicked little cab you've got here mate, super stealthy! You'll be flowering under these before me so it'll be great to see what they're capable of! Will keep an eye on this thread. :yep:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Right..

 

Im growing one seed in this cabinet and basically just train the shit out of it. Might chuck a scrog net in at flower as well.

 

The seed

Sweet seeds new Tropicanna poison fv 

large.rps20200324_183244.jpglarge.rps20200324_183229.jpg

 

But before I can crack on with the single I need to get my outdoor girls started and healthy for plant out. They are..

large.rps20200324_183313.jpg

 

The seeds were put in kitchen roll to germinate the 24th march all popped in 48hours

large.rps20200326_132848.jpg

 

By the 28th they were all out.. day 1. I put my 125w CFL in the cabinet whilst waiting for my QX-75 to arrive.

large.rps20200329_180258.jpg

 

2 weeks later and all looking great 

large.rps20200410_152426.jpg

 

Its now been 3 weeks, this is going to sound like bullshit but took a photo of the plants this morning after a day of the new QX-75 LED and the plants have grown more and look healthier!!! Crazy.

 

large.rps20200418_115919.jpg

 

So that's it for now, got another week before I think about getting 5 of the plants outdoors. Then it will be full steam ahead with the tpfv :thumsup:

 

All settled in now! 

large.rps20200418_115930.jpg

 

Looking forward to this :hippy:

18 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Wicked little cab you've got here mate, super stealthy! You'll be flowering under these before me so it'll be great to see what they're capable of! Will keep an eye on this thread. :yep:

 

Cheers mate I've had nothing better to do for the last 3 weeks haha. Yeah see you've got one as well so will be popping into yours for tips :yep: good luck mate

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

@ROCKSTEADY6 you couldn't point us in the direction of shires diary could you please mate I can't find it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry mate I gave you a bum steer. It was prophet who did the grow. Bloody took me ages looking through Shires stuff before I realised. Here you go. I was impressed anyway. 

 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

I've just taken delivery of a QX75 which will be going in a 40x40x120cm tent, for vegging. I'm seriously impressed with your results so far and will be following with great interest. Lovely cabinet ! :yep:

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Sorry mate I gave you a bum steer. It was prophet who did the grow. Bloody took me ages looking through Shires stuff before I realised. Here you go. I was impressed anyway. 

 

 

 

Ah shit sorry dude lol

 

Thanks mate appreciate it be nice to have a read through!

 

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I've just taken delivery of a QX75 which will be going in a 40x40x120cm tent, for vegging. I'm seriously impressed with your results so far and will be following with great interest. Lovely cabinet ! :yep:

 

Cheers buddy, with that tent I think you will be well impressed with this little light!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now