Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joey21

First time greenhouse grower, advice please

Hi Guys, first post in a while. I smoked for years but just wanting to dabble in growing as for the first time I own property with some outside space and current lockdown restrictions are making if difficult to get any where I live at the minute. 

so where I’m at is I have a west facing balcony with a 2 small greenhouse in which I already start veg plants for my allotment and grow tomatoes. (60cm wide 30 deep and 120 tall each, Room for 1 more if needed) And iv ordered 5 auto flower northern lights seeds, open to trying 1 or 2 now and saving the rest or using them all.. so my question, what to do now. Looking for advice on germinating, soil/coco, feeding and drying. As I said it’s my first time and it’s outdoors, I’m not looking to invest masses of cash into it until iv got a bit of experience so just wanted the essentials il need to produce half decent smokable buds. 

thank you for any advice it’s much appreciated as I really am clueless at the minute, my seeds arrive in 3 working days :)

1 person likes this

Hi ... 

I germinate mine in moist kitchen roll... usually takes a couple of days. Once the root has started to develop gently pick up with tweezers and put into top of compost in small pots (half litreish) . Then cover with cling film and leave on window cill .... your baby will start to grow. This is where I put autos under lights .... you just put yours in your greenhouse. Pot up to 11ltr pot in about 3 weeks .  Start feeding after 2 weeks then watch them grow. As for soil I use biobiz allmix ...seems to do the trick and you can get it posted to you. 

Ive always said autos in uk outside wont work but have been proven very wrong by some spectacular plants grown by some peops on here....so check out the gorrilla grow auto section and have a poke around in there, loads of info. 

hope it goes well :bong:

3 people like this

48 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

thanks man! worth a try aye, 

Just now, Joey21 said:
49 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

thanks man! worth a try aye, 

Always ....so much better when its your own product too. There are loads of brilliant helpful peops on here if you get stuck just shout 

1 person likes this

You have a greenhouse? So you've grown other things? If so, what? That info can help while giving advice. 

13 minutes ago, Redeyezman said:

You have a greenhouse? So you've grown other things? If so, what? That info can help while giving advice. 

Just starting out mate I got an allotment end of last year so buyi these greenhouses has sparked the idea for growing weed. currently have carrot, onion, broad bean, pea and Brussels sprouts plants about 2 weeks old and tomatoes 

1 person likes this

On 4/17/2020 at 0:21 PM, Joey21 said:

Just starting out mate I got an allotment end of last year so buyi these greenhouses has sparked the idea for growing weed. currently have carrot, onion, broad bean, pea and Brussels sprouts plants about 2 weeks old and tomatoes 

The most common advice is that growing cannabis is similar to growing tomatoes. So if you can grow tomatoes you can grow cannabis. A bit of confidence in your application of studies is all ya need. Everyone makes mistakes. Nobodies perfect. 

Besides. No matter how bad you go the first round, chances are it's still as good or better than shit ya buy :thumbdown:

14 hours ago, Redeyezman said:

The most common advice is that growing cannabis is similar to growing tomatoes. So if you can grow tomatoes you can grow cannabis. A bit of confidence in your application of studies is all ya need. Everyone makes mistakes. Nobodies perfect. 

Besides. No matter how bad you go the first round, chances are it's still as good or better than shit ya buy :thumbdown:

Ah ok cool man, thanks. Iv got some biobiz all mix and going to feed with my tomato feed I already have for the first plant I think keep it simple and see what I get then alter the process. 

1 person likes this