Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superlemonjay

Drooping leaves when moved into flower tent

hi all!

I have two gelato autoflower (fastbuds) and had them under a 125 cfl in a small res tank with veg feed for the first couple of weeks (1ml/l)

I last night moved them under my HPS in flowering tent in 25 l buckets with 1.5ml/l of flowering feed. I've set my light at 250w as they are still quite small. Overnight they have all whilted to the extent that 2 leaves are now almost touching the bucket lids. My PH is 5.7.

I have a cool tube which is hooked up to a 6 inch extraction but this is set to 25% with my fan speed controller.

anyone any ideas? the feed surely cannot be too strong? the only thing I can think of is that they are too cold as the cool tube will be taking what little heat comes off 250 out of the tent. no discolouration or marking on leaves.

any input would be appreciated.

1 person likes this

maybe a bit shocked due to the sudden change in light intensity?

4 minutes ago, Punk#1 said:

maybe a bit shocked due to the sudden change in light intensity?

very well could be, I could sit tight a day or so and see what happens but we all know the feeling when we open up and all is not well - panic stations lol

Edited by Superlemonjay

yeah man those pesky plants are always ready to baffle us with some mystery problem! i'd raise the light up a bit for now

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Punk#1 said:

yeah man those pesky plants are always ready to baffle us with some mystery problem! i'd raise the light up a bit for now

my lights already about 60cm from the plants hopefully just shock from being moved, I hope they perk up soon lol

im sure they will mate let us know how they do :yep:

1 person likes this

@Punk#1 is right. It’s always a good idea to raise the light on a poorly plant so you aren’t making it work as hard through it’s ailment. I can’t see nutes making a plant droop as much as it would just burn. Maybe you’re onto something with your temps. Good luck brother.

1 person likes this

What are the water temps??? 

1 person likes this

If the leaves are healthy then it's most probably the shock of transplant and slightly cold water... Get everything on check as far as day/night temps and water temps and they should perk up... 

1 person likes this

So folks, after a couple of very worrying days - the droop got worse yesterday morning but after reading @Whambud first comment I was almost sure it was water temps. While I had the babies in my veg tank I had a small heater in the tank to keep the water at 20C and I haven't done this before so I suspect transplanting them has been such a shock the diff in temps has nearly killed them lol. However just went and had a look and they are standing proudly after a ropey first 48 hours in the big tent. thanks for the assistance guys, much appreciated.  couldn't check my water temps as my thermometer is on the blink and need new batteries. Anyway all is ell in the world again thanks for the help!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Superlemonjay said:

So folks, after a couple of very worrying days - the droop got worse yesterday morning but after reading @Whambud first comment I was almost sure it was water temps. While I had the babies in my veg tank I had a small heater in the tank to keep the water at 20C and I haven't done this before so I suspect transplanting them has been such a shock the diff in temps has nearly killed them lol. However just went and had a look and they are standing proudly after a ropey first 48 hours in the big tent. thanks for the assistance guys, much appreciated.  couldn't check my water temps as my thermometer is on the blink and need new batteries. Anyway all is ell in the world again thanks for the help!

Glad we could all be of assistance!

Would love to see a picture if you have any!

Good luck bro

1 person likes this

bottom leaves on both are a little dry but not overly concerned. all leaves were flopped down but have perked up overnight

large.IMG_2395.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Superlemonjay said:

bottom leaves on both are a little dry but not overly concerned. all leaves were flopped down but have perked up overnight

large.IMG_2395.jpg

A lot of those bottom leaves will get cut off so I wouldn't stress it mate!!

They should really start to explode mate!

Keep on top of the pH and temps at all times and you will see crazy growth ever 24h

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Whambud said:

A lot of those bottom leaves will get cut off so I wouldn't stress it mate!!

They should really start to explode mate!

Keep on top of the pH and temps at all times and you will see crazy growth ever 24h

thanks mate, ph is at 5.9 now and thinking of kicking the light upto 400 to ensure the temps are okay

cheers mate!