Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rudaboi

Help, New and need info.

New to growing, any advice or help?

put my seed in water about 12 hours ago. 

got all the kit i need i think 

600w LED

TENT

FILTER

2x6inch fans

Hydrometer 

was thinking of getting canna coco plus and general hydrophonics nutes with cal mag, anything appreciated. 

1 person likes this

Do some reading, crack on, post some pics when shit gets tricky :cowboy:

1 person likes this

Best thing to do is read or watch some videos on growing basics, once you start understanding what is required you’ll realise that you just need to take your time and gather the right info otherwise you’ll be making expensive mistakes.

Go easy with the cal mag and maybe think about compost rather than coco, it's a more forgiving medium for a first grow.

1 person likes this

i advise watching this video or some like it 

4 people like this

I would defo start off with a soil grow first. Maybe bio bizz or plant magic soil. Some decent start up kits available too. I bought a full kit online but then looked at nutrients separate. 

I do recommend if you are hand feeding to use air pots though. Always been a favourite of mine. 

Posted (edited)

I agree mate, there's a fair bit more to do with coco than soil...

PH for one... 

I'd look at some biobizz light mix, biobizz calmag, bb grow & bloom and bb algamic allegedly is pretty good to supplement. 

No salt build ups, no need to ph test... just mix and feed! 

Plus no need to flush at the end... just feed pure water for the last 7-9 days.

Only my opinion... but less time worrying about feed/ph/salt build up means more time focusing on keeping your environment solid and plants maintained! 

Organic is pretty straight forward and generally gives you a nice flavoursom end product 

Edited by TommyTrichome
2 people like this