Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punk#1

LED suggestions to replace 250w HPS

Hey everyone,

Right now im running a 250w in a 75x75x200 tent, This seems to keep my temps perfect at about 24 - 26c

Ive been wanting to put in a 400w to get my yeild up, but then i'd need a cooltube or need to up my extraction game because i think it would be way too hot

So been seeing some amazing LED grows.. pretty impressive and thought there might be something LED wise suitable for my grow space that can out-perform my 250w but would keep temps good also

Any suggestions on LED units?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Have a look at the site sponsors offerings , on his website it has an area and unit guide . Diyleduk 

this for 80x80 

https://diyleduk.com/collections/80cm-x-80cm-area

Edited by Arthur Mix
2 people like this

High recommend the site sponsor, I pimped out an 80x80 with COBs.

Doubled my yield, almost, over my old 250w hps.

Take a look around the site @Arthur Mix linked and you can always ask @diyleduk he's a very friendly chap although a bit snowed under at work right now so patience is a virtue. :yep:

54 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Have a look at the site sponsors offerings , on his website it has an area and unit guide . Diyleduk 

this for 80x80 

https://diyleduk.com/collections/80cm-x-80cm-area

Nice cheers i'll take a peek

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Exhale said:

High recommend the site sponsor, I pimped out an 80x80 with COBs.

Doubled my yield, almost, over my old 250w hps.

Take a look around the site @Arthur Mix linked and you can always ask @diyleduk he's a very friendly chap although a bit snowed under at work right now so patience is a virtue. :yep:

Nice result, Ok hopefully @diyleduk sees this post and pops in for a natter!

1 person likes this

@Punk#1 aye if not just pop a question in the sponsor forums if there's anything you're unsure of. :yep:

1 person likes this

@ExhaleNice cheers will do mate :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well i got a few pages into the CMH thread, But i have another question and that is what is generally overall better.. a 315w CMH or a 200-300w LED? i dont expect a single right answer obviously, cost is a factor, environment and everything so everyones gonna have different suggestions but one thing im worried about is the lack of heat from LEDs.

Im growing in a bedroom and dont really want to the temp any higher then 23c max.. well 22c really but 23 absolute or i cant sleep... lack of space aswell means i cant just put in a portable heater in the tent or near an intake, although i do have 2 heat mats on a thermo for the roots

Running costs isnt really a factor im concered with.. mostly just the temps thing. But i must say i would feel 100% safer running LED

For a 315w CMH ballast, lamp and E40 adapter the price is coming in at about 200 quid which itself doesnt buy much LED

Suppose im just talking out loud now but yes, would love to hear everyones thoughts on the heat side of things

Edited by Punk#1
stoned