Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bushmat

High humidity & low temp

24 posts in this topic

Evening All, 

Just made the chop and I've trimmed all the fan leaves and hung the whole plant upside down. The plants where slightly bushy and some of the buds may be resting against each other. 

My dry room environment is far from perfect. I'm currently drying in troubling conditions. 

My humidity is pushing 75% and the temps are falling to about 14* :wallbash:

Should I introduce a dehumidifier and raise the temps? 

If I do, I'm not sure how well I could control either. 

Thanks 

you should raise temps with aheater to about 18

i wouldnt introduce a dehu as it may/will dry them to quick

1 person likes this

Is there any air exchange around the plant mate?

On 18/03/2020 at 4:00 AM, The Green Manalishi said:

Is there any air exchange around the plant mate?

Yeah.. Ive got the extraction on very low and a fan blowing towards the wall on a low speed.. 

I introduced a delonghi Dem10. I put it on for a few hours and it's brought the humidity down to 60% and kept it at that.. 

Ive haven't turned it on since and it's been hovering around 65% with the temps around 15*. 

1 person likes this

Would probably turn the small fan off, the air being extracted out of your area should be sufficient for moisture,I wouldn’t run the dehuey, you don’t want your buds to dry out quickly or you will be left with some lovely bud stinking of hay, dry long and slow, the cooler the better

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Would probably turn the small fan off, the air being extracted out of your area should be sufficient for moisture,I wouldn’t run the dehuey, you don’t want your buds to dry out quickly or you will be left with some lovely bud stinking of hay, dry long and slow, the cooler the better

I only put it on for a few hours the 2nd day. 

Im worried to death about mold. Im going with the dry trim and I didn't really like seeing the buds covered by leaves with the humidity that high. 

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

you don’t want your buds to dry out quickly or you will be left with some lovely bud stinking of hay, 

They still absolutely stink. They're covered in trichomes that make me think its mold everytim I look. lol

Edited by Bushmat
2 people like this

Understandable bud, I was the same, as long as your extracting the moist air outside you will be sweet, now I chop the whole plant, and hang them up in the dark under extraction, keep checking every day. I try and keep as much material on the plant as possible when the big fan leaves dry out I just pick them off then they are ready to come off, this is a crucial time for your crop, the last thing you want is that hay smell.

2 people like this

Trimming after that, however, is a pain in the arse. 

4 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Understandable bud, I was the same, as long as your extracting the moist air outside you will be sweet, now I chop the whole plant, and hang them up in the dark under extraction, keep checking every day. I try and keep as much material on the plant as possible when the big fan leaves dry out I just pick them off then they are ready to come off, this is a crucial time for your crop, the last thing you want is that hay smell.

This is my 3rd go and the last 2 were a disasters. :wallbash:

They were rubbish before the chop and just as bad after curing lol

I'd say the biggest problem was the feed my mate told me to use. 

This attempt is by far 100x better already. Smell and trichomes are amazing now.

2 people like this

Excellent, how are you going to cure them mate?

Just now, The Green Manalishi said:

Excellent, how are you going to cure them mate?

In a airtight bucket With boveda 62% pack in there. 

And at what temperature are you going to be doing this mate?

7 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

And at what temperature are you going to be doing this mate?

Room temperature??? 

What should I be aiming for? 

Have you had much experience with boveda packs? 

You will want to keep the contents in the bucket at 26c at a RH of 62% or the curing process will not take place, and your shmoke will be on the harsh side, I don’t know the size of your bucket, but you might need several bovedas in there, if you can place a hygrometer in with your bud to keep a eye on your range. Keep it solid for a couple of weeks, again the longer the better, but that’s up to you :yep: 

1 person likes this