Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stummer

This lumatek led

23 posts in this topic

Never really took much interest in the led lights tbh. If it ain't broke don't fix it type attitude. Have seen online though led grows now n then with the purple looking light. Well popped in the grow shop yesterday to get some coco and they had a tent set up. In the tent was this lumatek led thing which he said goes for about 700 quid. Wasn't purple at all was a lovely bright light and think it had some infa red lights along the strips as well he said. Anyone seen em and know what they are like? Fella in the shop reckons he is getting 1.2 gpw with it. Course it's his job to sell it and know other stuff is just as important with the environment. Just was taken back by how bright it went instead of purple and absolutely next to nothing in terms of heat. I do alright in the summer but first time I have seen an led light set up in person n it looked good to me.

2 people like this

I’ve watch some videos online about them if you search for migro on ytube there suppose to be outstanding units. I think they will be worth the investment. 

3 people like this

If you’ve got thousands of pounds burning a hole in your pocket and thousands more coming in to pay all your bills.. why not 

personally I think this movement into these prices will see a big decline in first time growers indoors because people just haven’t got the money to spend almost a grand on a light then all the rest you need

eventually they will faze out hps and everyone that wants to grow indoors will have to fork out thousands instead of hundred for a grow that will keep them in smokes and medicine..

seems weed has been fashioned into a rich mans pleasure these days, £80 eighths £400 ounces, £100’s for 10 female seeds lol £1000 pound lights.. where will it stop.? 

better/planet friendly tech seems to just mean more (dirty) money lol   how does that work again? where’s the advantages there?

It’s all apart of the rip off culture we live in :) 

there was a thread the other day about how you can make somthing very similar with really good components for under half the price I think it was..

just my opinion mind :stoned:  

worlds gone crazy, why not the canna world too :spliff:

smokes time :skin_up:

3 people like this

I ain't rushing out to buy one mate, like I say if it ain't broke don't try fix it. Just it was surprising to me how bright it looked as I'd only ever thought of led grows being done with the purple looking light. If someone struggles with heat in the summer then maybe worth the purchase. Could put my hand right under it and felt nothing. Mind you that'll mean you'd need to run a heater during the winter even when the lights are on I imagine.

1 hour ago, stummer said:

Never really took much interest in the led lights tbh. If it ain't broke don't fix it type attitude. Have seen online though led grows now n then with the purple looking light. Well popped in the grow shop yesterday to get some coco and they had a tent set up. In the tent was this lumatek led thing which he said goes for about 700 quid. Wasn't purple at all was a lovely bright light and think it had some infa red lights along the strips as well he said. Anyone seen em and know what they are like? Fella in the shop reckons he is getting 1.2 gpw with it. Course it's his job to sell it and know other stuff is just as important with the environment. Just was taken back by how bright it went instead of purple and absolutely next to nothing in terms of heat. I do alright in the summer but first time I have seen an led light set up in person n it looked good to me.

@stummer :unsure:

You do know our sponsor @diyleduk does these lights and has been for the past 6 months or so??? :unsure:

oh and there here is a diary section in his sub forum so you can see the performance. 

Peace

lil d.  :skin_up:

5 people like this

15 minutes ago, stummer said:

Just it was surprising to me how bright it looked as I'd only ever thought of led grows being done with the purple looking light.

The "white" LEDs are amazingly bright, I almost blinded myself turning on my unit from @diyleduk and I'm not the only one! :D

large.20200209_121433_copy_790x1210.jpg

Not a fan of the blurples either but it's old tech now isn't it?

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

I love my led - I started with a 2nd hand blurple which was great as a simple plugin unit, no bulbs etc.. to get me into growing with confidence. Never gonna grow monsters though.

Also use a lovely diyleduk scope unit (which I fucking looove) which is brill, the plants under it are by far better than the ones I grew previously under the blurple.

However, and this is where I think I was very inexperienced - and it goes back to proper basics...

For this winter grow I actually introduced a dual spec hps into the grow for the first time.

In about the same space it beats the blurple due mainly to the better environment it gives me. 

And using the warm air extraction to boost the environment where my scope runs, allows the superior led light to enjoy the same good environment that the hps gives me (or at least share in it a little) - without it the scope gave me no added benefit over any other adequate light. 

The lesson being that environment still comes first, and the light unit should be chosen to suit.

That's a lesson I didn't fully appreciate when I started growing under led and it has taken a lot of faff to get right - haha and I'm still never 100% sure I'm right! lol

Edited by Jimmeh
5 people like this

2 hours ago, twigs said:

If you’ve got thousands of pounds

I think you can get them for about £800, and like most new products the price will level out somewhat I rekon.

Magnetic ballasts are cheap if you dont want to spend the money on better tech. I think the OP was asking about them being any good?

@stummer

Check out the par map of the Pro unit on DIYLEDUK   https://diyleduk.com/collections/lumatek-zeus-led/products/lumatek-zeus-600w-pro-led-grow-light

The numbers are VERY impressive. Expensive yes, and LED yes, but you will struggle to get numbers like this as even as they are with most other forms of grow light. And with the added red they have a damn good spectrum as well.

That said, Lumatek are soon to release their Utopia..... A 1000w 400v DE unit capable of running a 1000w CMH! So I'm hanging on until this is released as I want to see the numbers there before making a move on the Zeus. 

Also, there is actually a 1000w version of the LED Zues due to be out very soon :yep:

4 people like this

The 1000w led might be really tempting. Can run it and not have to worry about the heat in a space like you would running a 1000hps.

2 people like this

I've been looking into the new lumatek led's they look really impressive m8 I've never seen 1 up and running tho only on internet what no heat you could put your hand right under it and no f'in purple that gives me head ache I'm going to wait for the 1000w version but a grand a piece and I'd need 4 going to get expensive but like they say you've got to pay for quality but with summer coming and no heat worries tempting m8 decisions decisions 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Magnetic ballasts are cheap if you dont want to spend the money on better tech. I think the OP was asking about them being any good?

I said i’d would get one if I had the constant money to spend dude  :stoned: 

do people sell mag ballests any more? it’s all digi mostly these days eh?

I bet the 1000w one is a grand or more lol 

maybe sherb will do a colab and bring out a gold one for the bling “percy” growers 

:yinyang:

2 minutes ago, twigs said:

do people sell mag ballests any more?

They do! I was shocked to see them big hot horrible things still existed and are being manufactured.

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Exhale said:

They do! I was shocked to see them big hot horrible things still existed and are being manufactured.

With cheapo plastic casing as well !

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Exhale said:

The "white" LEDs are amazingly bright, I almost blinded myself turning on my unit from @diyleduk and I'm not the only one! :D

large.20200209_121433_copy_790x1210.jpg

Not a fan of the blurples either but it's old tech now isn't it?

Great minds mate :toldya: large.0A81053E-B8B5-4102-B2DC-2C3FA9C2FE54.jpeg

4 people like this

@The Green Manalishi nice dude, you keeping a diary going?

1 person likes this