Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenVision

1000w CMH

Hi all.

Nanolux 1000w CHM. Anyone know if these are getting good reviews?

Would like to known if they're the real deal or just a leap too far forward. 

Been looking at them for a bit bit info is quite limited.

GV.

Here's a vid by them: 

1 person likes this

Seen it mate. As far as numbers and what the company says the lights seem very good.

Just want to get some opinions on them as right now any new info is something. Not many grow shops have them in so I can't shake the feeling I've missed something.

17 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Seen it mate. As far as numbers and what the company says the lights seem very good.

Just want to get some opinions on them as right now any new info is something. Not many grow shops have them in so I can't shake the feeling I've missed something.

I bet the bulb is nice and spendy if it blows. What makes it more attractive to you than using say 3x315's?

1 hour ago, catweazle1 said:

I bet the bulb is nice and spendy if it blows. What makes it more attractive to you than using say 3x315's?

Overall I think the 1 plug instead of 3 as well as the end price.

See I'm in a 3x3 tent. So 315w's are a no as I would need quite a few to cover my area. 

The 1000w units make cmh a viable option again.

1 person likes this

Ok. So spent a bit looking at these last night.

As impressive as they seem for the 1100w draw at the wall they don't really give you much more than even 2 year old LED tech I don't think.

And the "Extra" red in the spectrum goes so far that there is little if any evidence it has any positive effect. 

It feels a bit like an (All be it good) early attempt at tech that isn't quite there yet. But it does seem the wheels are turning here. Maybe we might see higher wattage 400v DE CHM before the year is out, if not the following year.

GV.

Fucking hell GV lol

Your a fiend for a new bit of kit ain't ya! Fairplay.

Fwiw I would hold fire.  I'm personally not keen on these duel arc lamps.  Too many parts/things to go wrong with the bulb themselves.

There's been CMH 945w de's on the market for awhile now but they're triple arc and to all intents and purposes are just 3 x 315s wired in series in a single fixture as far as I can tell.

I almost bought one awhile back but came to the conclusion the spread/penetration is gonna be little better than a single or double 315.

Your just putting more watts over the same area... Imo

Anyways if you really have a spending itch and wanna try something new I would go for the lumatek pro's in your area.  You would only need 4 to cover the space quite effectively and I'm sure Adam would do a deal on a multi purchase like that.

You'd be burning far less watts and have the option to dim increasing savings even more, no bulbs to replace every 5mins and with an efficiency of 2.7umol I don't think any other product is gonna out perform them anytime soon..

Just 2p obviously.