Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Brickmenu94

Wrong LED unit delivered from China?

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys. :)

So this is my first post here, I've been reading across the forums for a while now but having decided to pull the trigger and start a small grow agin for first time in a decade, thought I'd sign up and be bit more involved.

First issue Ive encountered, when ordering a Meizhi 1000w LED from eBay, I have been sent a Spiderfarmer 1000w LED instead. The listing pic was the Meizhi, apparently the description was for the spider.

BASICALLY. IS THIS NORMAL LOL?

They fogged me off bit and given the current corona do da I couldn't be to arsed with pursuing too much. Checked migro review on youtube and the spider seems sufficient for now but yeah...

Anyone else had this issue??

2 people like this

did you wash your hands ?

china ..why ..when this site has diyled as a sponsor ..

5 people like this

dont burst that bubble wrap it has air from china inside.

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

china ..why ..when this site has diyled as a sponsor ..

because he has just joined the site after making the mistake as a lot do. Sad but True

Toke...

4 people like this

oh ,,my apologies op ..im sure itll all work out fine 

2 people like this

My bad lol wasnt aware of the diyled sponsorship on here. Tbh having had a quick scan I didn't have the best part of 700 quid or whatever for a light right now anyways lol.

Will deffo bare in mind for future tho. 

3 people like this

:eat:

1 person likes this

Think best thing to do would get a watt meter so you can see how much power it's drawing and adjust expectations accordingly from what you expect to yield from it mate 

It will work but for there not great in comparison to most current tech diyleduk has etc

All the best on returning to your hobby 

Matt 

2 people like this

It probably has the same bits in side it as the Meizhi one anyway. I got the 600w version (it draws 270w at the wall), due to the cost of it and the cost 'proper' ones (not purple durple ones). I can easily get 7 oz of decent weed out of a 90cm x 90cm tent with it, so they ain't totally pointless. But if the you can do that with a crappy one, imagine what you can do with a good one. Give it ago, but I promise you, you, like me, will be drooling over DIYLEDUKs kit and dreaming of getting 'proper' LEDs. I now use my Meizhi for vegging which its great for.

If you have it now just go with it but as above temper your expectations with regards to true wattage. I picked up a Mars Hydro 300W and it's decent for the first few grows. I've upgraded to a scope from diyleduk but plenty of people on here using blurple lights and they seem to get decent yields. Once you get to harvest you might be quite happy with the performance. Good luck man. If you get your environment dialled in and learn from any mistakes you'll be good. If you haven't got a heat mat or some underfloor heating, I would highly recommend getting some. Your roots will love you for it.

I think i read somewhere that SpiderFarmer is just a different name for Meizhi, they will be the same light.

11 hours ago, Subutai said:

I think i read somewhere that SpiderFarmer is just a different name for Meizhi, they will be the same light.

spider farmer is mars hydro

On 09/03/2020 at 9:47 AM, greenvigilante said:

spider farmer is mars hydro

theyre definalty the same company , although Spider Farmer say they use samsung LEDs , Mars use a different brand LEDs

On 07/03/2020 at 3:15 PM, Brickmenu94 said:

Hi guys. :)

So this is my first post here, I've been reading across the forums for a while now but having decided to pull the trigger and start a small grow agin for first time in a decade, thought I'd sign up and be bit more involved.

First issue Ive encountered, when ordering a Meizhi 1000w LED from eBay, I have been sent a Spiderfarmer 1000w LED instead. The listing pic was the Meizhi, apparently the description was for the spider.

BASICALLY. IS THIS NORMAL LOL?

They fogged me off bit and given the current corona do da I couldn't be to arsed with pursuing too much. Checked migro review on youtube and the spider seems sufficient for now but yeah...

Anyone else had this issue??

Ive not heard to the Brand you intended to purchase but Spider Farmer are having great reviews online, Ive got 2 Spider Farmer SF2000s myself and they seem to do the job nicely .... question is , is the SF1000 going to be enough for your grow space ?

54 minutes ago, Zeo said:

theyre definalty the same company , although Spider Farmer say they use samsung LEDs , Mars use a different brand LEDs

yeah mars said they used epistar 

problem i have is spider farmer say they use samsung diodes. thats cool and all but are they the same samsng boards i can buy from alibaba for 120£ lol