Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lastsumrai420

Using flexible rubber builders buckets

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

just an idea ever thought about drilling holes in the sides of the buckets to get a better air flow to the roots

Edited by the ferret

I was thinking of cutting bottoms out n burying few cm into ground.

2 people like this

22 hours ago, lastsumrai420 said:

I was thinking of cutting bottoms out n burying few cm into ground.

If soil drains ok just cut bottom off, dig down few cm (enough to keep it secure) throw in hand full of ferts for later on (ffb or guano I used)then put bucket in and fill with your soil mix. 

if ground is heavy clay I tend to do the same but put on Small mound of soil, just enough to let water run off and not create a sump effect. 

worked for me 

4 people like this

This ground has alot of brambles but I have to further investigate the ground conditions.

Suppose the soil mound can mixed with coco to maximise drainage.nice idea dude.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, lastsumrai420 said:

This ground has alot of brambles but I have to further investigate the ground conditions.

Suppose the soil mound can mixed with coco to maximise drainage.nice idea dude.

Best of getting in there and having a look. If soil is decent may not need buckets tbh. Just plant directly. I only really use towers/ buckets on. My plot as it is very heavy clay 

1 person likes this

I want to be sureure just in case. Would rather have them in properly PH'd soil buckets than risking stunt growth and if the roots like the ground they can always grow down more for more nutrients. 

Do your roots grow through the mould and into the ground ?

On 15/03/2020 at 10:46 PM, lastsumrai420 said:

I want to be sureure just in case. Would rather have them in properly PH'd soil buckets than risking stunt growth and if the roots like the ground they can always grow down more for more nutrients. 

Do your roots grow through the mould and into the ground ?

Yh roots grow thru holes into the ground below in the hunt for foooood

use them when needed, very good, usually 43 litres or something there abouts.  needs to add water during dry times of course.  had 3 oz and 4 oz from plants in flexi buckets :)

2 people like this

why not just use those big asda bags? 55p and people leave them in trolleys