Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lastsumrai420

Using flexible rubber builders buckets

24 posts in this topic

Been thinking about putting plants in rubber bucket used in building trade mainly by plasterers with bottom cut out on ground. Also if I put bin bag on soil and the plant through a slit n then I can cover the soil if it rains a lot and move aside to water/Let rain in. 

4 people like this

46 minutes ago, lastsumrai420 said:

Been thinking about putting plants in rubber bucket used in building trade mainly by plasterers with bottom cut out on ground. Also if I put bin bag on soil and the plant through a slit n then I can cover the soil if it rains a lot and move aside to water/Let rain in. 

Sounds like a plan mate.:lucky:

2 people like this

Thanks Dr feel good I was just wondering if someone had tried them before.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I used one to grow in the garden last year. I used it more as a pot rather than a raised bed as I have clay soils. Had no issues whatsoever. I’ve got six to use at a plot this year as I didn’t have a chance to dig the clay soil over last year. Luckily my house isn’t too far to be able to take water if necessary. Going to be too wet for ages to do the digging this year before the season starts.

anyway. No issues.

Edited by Cursed
5 people like this

I grew my autos in a 15l builders bucket with bottom off last year. Worked ok! Was just standard black  bucket not flexible ones. Cost a quid each I think

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, Adz15978 said:

I grew my autos in a 15l builders bucket with bottom off last year. Worked ok!

did you have to water often or just leave them to it ?

I use them a lot. I grow auto's in them to. They work really good but remember your adding 2ft higher to your plant's so make sure they won't be seen. :cheers:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, stayup4ever said:

did you have to water often or just leave them to it ?

I added some water saving crystals. The plot is heavy clay so can get relatively wet so plant wasn’t short of water. But  I did water when ever I visited as the pots did dry out a bit.  It was more just precautionary tbh. Didn’t see any negative effects when it did dry out

3 people like this

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

I use them a lot. I grow auto's in them to. They work really good but remember your adding 2ft higher to your plant's so make sure they won't be seen. :cheers:

Had this issues with my photos. I did them in towers and towards the back end of summer as foliage started to drop a little the tops of the bigger plants were exposed

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Adz15978 said:

Had this issues with my photos. I did them in towers and towards the back end of summer as foliage started to drop a little the tops of the bigger plants were exposed

Add nitrogen to their feed early flower. Will help with leaf drop. Causes a little streach but that helps air flow. Helping prevent mould by having good air flow. Buds stay tight golf ball type though.

Edited by brock1
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, brock1 said:

Add nitrogen to their feed early flower. Will help with leaf drop. Causes a little streach but that helps air flow. Helping prevent mould by having good air flow. Buds stay tight golf ball type though.

I meant the surrounding foliage. As they were raised up 2 foot in towers the tops were sticking above

1 person likes this

@lastsumrai420
I use 50/50 coco/ any compost in garden tidy bags with the bottom cut out. Perhaps 50/70 lts. 4 stakes and chicken wire bound tight to keep the bag in shape. If it rains don’t water if it doesn’t 5 lts once a week will keep it alive until the rains return. I feed 10 to 14 days with chicken poo pellets mixed in the 5 lts of water. Pretty basic mate , but it opens up lots of mini site possibilities with weird one off places. If you wanna GG you’ve gotta be Sneeky.   large.546031AF-FB29-40A1-A210-3357A2280238.jpeg

large.ADE76C7C-6631-4AC8-A36A-00D906C348D9.jpeg

17 people like this

I'm getting exited already looking at all yous lot hurry up may !!

3 people like this

Yep have done as you say.  Picture in strain report I think

2 people like this

Wow @Elephant Face Back on the boards. Nice to see you posting :yep:. Are you cultivating this year ?