Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Limey Gas man

Cmh 315 watt hunt

17 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find a cheap option  for a cmh , as paying £220 for an additional light makes me think people are looking for meat on the bone too much. Is there any cheaper options around ?  

I've always had issues with cheap CMH kits (had 3 before deciding to save up). Bulbs blowing before their time being the biggest issue across the board. Buy cheap pay twice is definitely a saying I'd drop in here.   

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I've always had issues with cheap CMH kits (had 3 before deciding to save up). Bulbs blowing before their time being the biggest issue across the board. Buy cheap pay twice is definitely a saying I'd drop in 

Was looking for a lumatek away from full price mainstream sellers. If anyone has any cheaper retailers PM me cheers.

My first kit was Lumatek. Wasn't the worst but definitely not worth buying. 

Don't think you'll find many discounts unless you find a sale, have a rapport with sellers etc. 

I have an Adjust-a-wings kit and have only ever thrown out bulbs when they become noticeably dimmer (rather than them blowing). 

Posted (edited)

Be careful with the ones that have the ballast on the fixture.......I have blown three of them now as they dont like it over 30 c

The one with the remote ballast has been going strong for 6 months now :yep:

(the only bonus was the company alllowed me to keep the bulbs - they dont stock the greenpower anymore so told me to keep them :thumsup::thumsup:)

Edited by zen-ken
2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Don't think you'll find many discounts unless you find a sale, have a rapport with sellers etc. 

I have an Adjust-a-wings kit and have only ever thrown out bulbs when they become noticeably dimmer (rather than them blowing). 

Would you say the maxibright is better ?

A lot of the cheaper lights dont have the proper low frequency square wave ballast so thats something to keep in mind. 

8 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

Would you say the maxibright is better ?

Only had pieces of Maxi rather than a full kit. Still not great. 

Honestly mate just save a little longer, you won't regret it 

3 hours ago, Nervous said:

Only had pieces of Maxi rather than a full kit. Still not great. 

Honestly mate just save a little longer, you won't regret it 

What would you recommend for durability nervous

I am on second grow with cheap omega set from ebay and so far so good. 

Plants seams to like it:hippy:

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Nervous said:

Are you confusing them with Lumii? I have one and they do not feel cheap and you can use a Philips bulb if you want with Lumatek.

Edited by catweazle1
1 person likes this

I've been using two Maxibrights for nearly 3 years & have used them more or less continuously, in all that time the only faults I had was when I mounted the ballasts vertically

& screwed them to a wall, the weight of the cable had pulled the plug out from the ballast, luckily I was in the grow area at the time when one ballast started up & the other didn't,

so I put some black electrical tape around the plug to make it a tighter fit in the ballasts power in socket, I also used some screw in hooks to take most of the weight of the power cable

& the ballasts haven't missed a beat since.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do you by chance have a usual HPS/MH magnetic ballast around not in use a 600w preferably because this is HOW I'm in the process to trial CDM/CMH bulb types and utilizing the usual E40 socketed reflector.

Online for about £100 you can obtain a 600w CDM/CMH E40 bulb that replaces the usual HPS/MH bulb but they dont seem to recommend the use of a digital ballast, using this metaphor is how I'm going to trial the lighting source for three or four blooms before knowing more and possibly investing further.

*back in a moment as I'll find the link for you, it's a usual rated brand, well known but the bulb in this configuration is not so common so hard to purchase just about anywhere:)

If you use this search term within Google as is, it should show you the 'onestopgrowshop' with a link directly to the product page. " 600w-maxibright-cmh-cdm-agro-3k "

Edited by Butterfingerz

but they dont seem to recommend the use of a digital ballast

you need to be careful with ballast choices with the new E40 CMH lamps, the digi ballast problem has got something to do with the electrical sine wave output effecting the lamps striking properly

(I think :smokin:as Ive smoked a lot of CMH grown weed these last few years & my memory isnt the greatest)  lol

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

you need to be careful with ballast choices with the new E40 CMH lamps, the digi ballast problem has got something to do with the electrical sine wave output effecting the lamps striking properly

(I think :smokin:as Ive smoked a lot of CMH grown weed these last few years & my memory isnt the greatest)  lol

That shop's listing does say it's only for magnetic ballasts. Your memory is not that fucked... yet. :D

Edited by catweazle1