Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ronaldo49

Should i get another cmh or go with quantum board

56 posts in this topic

Right now im running a 315 cmh and a 600 watt hps in a 1.5m tent but want to replace the hps.

Would you guys go for another cmh or go for an led so i can have a mixed spectrum?

If i go with the led I will probably get an hlg quantum board or a spider farmer. Im brand new to led's so maybe someone can tell me which is the better light and why. They seem to have the same diodes and driver so im not sure why the hlg costs so much more.

Thanks for any input.

spider farmer is rebranded mars hydro lol

if u aint up on mars hydro they are the shit burple lights

i dont want to throw shit but i doubt spider farmer are using legit samsung diodes

1 person likes this

on the question of led or cmh both have perks and both are good lights 

cmh is 315 watts at 1.9umol  so puts out 598 umol . grows really good weed and can be had for around £200 these days you are about 100 quid a bulb when changing

led quantum boards run at 280 watts and 2.4 umol. ( 672 unol in total) again grows really good weed and is about 280 quid but dont need to change buld for years

for what its worth im swithcing out all my cmh units for quantum boards now

2 people like this

I'm a bit 2 & 8 on the LED front, not a hater but am going to stick with HPS and half upgrade to CDM/CMH E40 socketed 600w bulbs in two of my magnetic ballasts. However as a starting base I'm going to employ a few LEDs for seedlings then maybe some veg to replace a few larger CFLs and if impressed will try some LEDs in the bloom room.

Knowing me I'm taking the long hard road I expect, should just put my money where my mouth is and do the reverse by switching out all HPS, MH, CDM/CMH from day one!

I hope to hear how you progress, seems a gamble when you've already invested in what you have, you've dialled in and stuff.

4 hours ago, greenvigilante said:

spider farmer is rebranded mars hydro lol

if u aint up on mars hydro they are the shit burple lights

i dont want to throw shit but i doubt spider farmer are using legit samsung diodes

I guess you haven't use any of them newer panels. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Ronaldo49 said:

Right now im running a 315 cmh and a 600 watt hps in a 1.5m tent but want to replace the hps.

Would you guys go for another cmh or go for an led so i can have a mixed spectrum?

If i go with the led I will probably get an hlg quantum board or a spider farmer. Im brand new to led's so maybe someone can tell me which is the better light and why. They seem to have the same diodes and driver so im not sure why the hlg costs so much more.

Thanks for any input.

I have 2 mars 300W panels and topped them up with one cmh for full flower.

It works well im my case but it was not a plan to run it like that. LEDs where just net giving me enough light as i haven't predicted that my plants will grow so bushy and fill up the whole tent.

LEDs wan't spread light as well as hps-they light up certain footprint underneath so be careful what you buy. 

If i start again i go for cmh only or from some more cash in and go for a high end LEDs that much size of my tent. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Ronaldo49 said:

Thanks for any input.

With LEDS, the emitters are graded by the manufacturer as they are produced and the best ones are called "Top Bin" and priced accordingly, which is reflected in the price of the final product. Inferior ones go into the cheaper ones. Good ones have the tint (light colour) and output to spec. I have no idea about led growlights but do have a few good torches, so I learnt a bit about leds.

Edited by catweazle1

I replaced my HPS with LED E40 corn lamps.

They are a lot cheaper than purpose built grow LED and seem to work.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, doominik said:

I guess you haven't use any of them newer panels. 

i wouldnt ever use a another panel off mars hydro as they were garbage full of lies shite when i used them

these new spider farmer/mars hydro boards are the same miss information

there spider farmer sf-1000 says it uses 208 samsung lmb301b ,9 deep red leds and 1 IR chip only problem is i can see 4 different chips on there board meaning atleast half of the 208 aint samsung lm301bs

it says u can get 2.3gpw and u cant

as soon as i see a company lying blatantly about there boards i turn off

its also funny to see mars hydro having to rebrand too spider farmer because of there past garbage

im not saying these boards wont grow weed but if they are lying about using full samsung diodes wot else are they lying about?

ps as i said i havnt tried there new boards have u?

Edited by greenvigilante
1 person likes this

@splifi what wattage of hps did u replace with those corn leds because those ones u have barely put out 12k lumens

Just now, greenvigilante said:

@splifi what wattage of hps did u replace with those corn leds because those ones u have barely put out 12k lumens

I had 2 x 250w in a 110cm x 65cm x 45cm a grow cab,nice results but a hell off a struggle with heat.

So i am a spark and we was swapping the high level MH for Led,there was a couple left.

They work well,they do take a week or two longer.The yield is spot on and only costing £70 for 120w.

I am running a dairy with them at the moment,

1 minute ago, splifi said:

I had 2 x 250w in a 110cm x 65cm x 45cm a grow cab,nice results but a hell off a struggle with heat.

So i am a spark and we was swapping the high level MH for Led,there was a couple left.

They work well,they do take a week or two longer.The yield is spot on and only costing £70 for 120w.

I am running a dairy with them at the moment,

2 x 250w hps? if thats 2x 250w hps u wont pull anywhere near as much weed

i would go as far to say u wouldnt pull 250 grams off those 2 x 120 corn leds

Posted (edited)

@greenvigilante 

While you have your crystal ball out can you give me Saturdays lotto numbers:smokin:

This was a previous grow under LED e40 about 10days before chop

If i was not happy with them i would not uses them they cost me nought,i only have to flip a switch and change the bulbs to go back to HPS/MH.

I am not trying to sell anything just giving my experience from previous grows.

large.IMG_0742.JPG

Edited by splifi
3 people like this

@splifi mate there own graphs show they put out  10-12k lumens. they actually tell u how much light they put out

ive only said they do not yield as well as the  hps nothing to get worked up about :) 

26 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

@splifi mate there own graphs show they put out  10-12k lumens. they actually tell u how much light they put out

ive only said they do not yield as well as the  hps nothing to get worked up about :) 

I have a very small grow cab(lights 15cm above in 12/12)  so,I scrog this allows more light penetration to compensate for the lost lumens,with out going into hps v led pros and cons.I get very similar results but it takes a week or two longer and cost a lot less than some grow led watt for watt.

I am not by any means saying they are better than HPS or purposes designed LED but they do work well in the right environment.

1 person likes this