Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

YOREEL

Chop & Dry Help

Afternoon all,

Today's the day i'm going to chop my first DWC - HSO The New . Obviously i want to get amazing results so i want the best environment available for drying.

Current tent environment is :

Temps - 17ºc > 21ºc 

RH - 50-65% - with dehumidifier on it brings it down to 55% but increases temp to 22-3ºc.

This is with the extraction set to 40% which is too much for drying.

I have lowered extraction to 10% to see if that increases RH and so far it's staying steady 61% RH & 20ºc daytime and around 17ºc night time.

large.20200227_211849.jpglarge.20200227_211642.jpg

Anything else i should be looking out for??? I read not to put a fan in the tent as it'll dry the buds out too quick. I have a few bug colas and wanna avoid getting bud rot etc so wondering it's best to put the bigger colas by the intake or in the middle of the tent to get an even dry?

Trim the big fan leaves off? How much? All of them? Also read not to remove the leaves as it'll dry out too quick?

So many questions 

Any advice would be appreciated!

Much love! :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Your temps are a little high IMO. Within optimal but I'd want them down a bit personally, maybe to 17C.

Humidity depends on your ability to keep a sharp eye out for anything nasty taking a hold.

The Plant you have there though looks nice, the one I had like that was a very OG Genotype, very gassy aroma and a total body high. 

2 people like this

Cheers bro I've got the option to dry downstairs but temps are average 14ºC and the tent is only a 80x80 or 90x90 instead of the current 1.4mx1.4m upstairs.

Humidity downstairs is around 45% will obviously change once the plants are in but as these were grown in a bigger tent i didn't think i'd have enough room for these two in the tent. I didn't want them packed in when drying causing issues

Gonna set up the dr90 and see if i have enough room. Get a small heater in the to bump temps up to 18ºC. 

Get back in a bit!

1 person likes this

16c and 60% humidity is about where you want to be

1 person likes this

Temps are at 14-15 without the heater on. With the heater on low it goes to around 18...so trying to dial it in at the moment but with the cold night time weather coming over the next two weeks it's gonna be fun trying to keep it steady.

I also decided i'm gonna hang the main buds downstairs and hang all the larf upstairs on the mesh drying racks as it'll be turned into rosin or hash anyways.

i'll report back when it's all done and they're hanging.

@GreenVision Do you leave the fan leafs on or trim them off now?? 

So i'm nearly done.....the 80x80 is fairly packed out so ran out of time last night. Continued this morning and went to move the bigger tent downstairs but realised I've not got the space without moving the couch out the room. Both tents have extraction set to low. i'll check on them tomorrow and keep an eye out for anything.

80x80 tent

large.20200301_155131.jpglarge.20200301_155135.jpg

So built the 90x90 instead and now that's packed out. i was gonna do another layer below but wasn't sure how circulation would be. 

large.20200301_155059.jpg

Left the fan leaves on and will trim them off in a week leaving the buds to dry nice and slow.

I really did not expect to grow a tree like this and didn't expect it to get this big. I did not realise how much larf there would be. i'm gonna trim the larf leaving some short stalks and some small leaves hanging on a dry rack 

Env in upstairs larf on dry rack - 17-21ºc RH 52%

Env downstairs tents - 15-19ºc - 64%

2 people like this

i would be taking the fan leaves off now, personally, they will just add to the humidity levels.

And they do nothing to help the drying process anyway imho. 

1 person likes this