Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zeo

Best to tuck leaves or can you trim

Hi. 
First time growing autos and they’re looking really bushy . I’ve tried tucking the leaves as best as possible but it still looks like it’s hiding a lot of buds . Week 2 of flower now , can I trim leaves or will it stress the plant too much ?

1 person likes this

Howdy doodles dude

Better off being a bit heavier handed with the training. 

Avoid trimming autos if you can. Upload some pics let us appraise the situation. 

3 people like this

11 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Howdy doodles dude

Better off being a bit heavier handed with the training. 

Avoid trimming autos if you can. Upload some pics let us appraise the situation. 

D'oh ... Knew I should've put some photos along side my question .... Hope these helplarge.5e576e5853f83_w1(wecompress.com).jpglarge.5e576e56871f8_w2(wecompress.com).jpglarge.5e576e551b465_w3(wecompress.com).jpglarge.5e576e53abe5c_w4(wecompress.com).jpglarge.5e576e5118d36_w5(wecompress.com).jpg

1 person likes this

@Zeo tuck em mate.  You've got no reason to be removing the things powering your buds.

I'd be far more concerned with your watering schedule and why you have very droopy sad looking plants 

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@Zeo tuck em mate.  You've got no reason to be removing the things powering your buds.

I'd be far more concerned with your watering schedule and why you have very droopy sad looking plants 

1 hour until lights off - they’re very perky just after watering 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

1 hour until lights off - they’re very perky just after watering 

Do u think possible over watering ? 

I've seen bushier tbh, they're a tad leafy but totally manageable. 

Get tucking and twisting dude. 

Check out @blackpoolbouncer amazing diary if you haven't already. 

When i finally have the ability to griw indoirs again I'm changing my technique in line with BPB's. Respect and tahnkydoodles for that contribution @blackpoolbouncer

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I've seen bushier tbh, they're a tad leafy but totally manageable. 

Get tucking and twisting dude. 

Check out @blackpoolbouncer amazing diary if you haven't already. 

When i finally have the ability to griw indoirs again I'm changing my technique in line with BPB's. Respect and tahnkydoodles for that contribution @blackpoolbouncer

Thanks for the kind words mate. 

Give me an @ when your up and running and I'll do what I can and answer any questions you have. 

I've always said I stand by my methods and if someone taken the time to read my diary and follow it, I've got time to help them do the best they can.

All the best friendorino

2 people like this

Thanks guys. I’m going to be check out @blackpoolbouncerdiary . I’m sure I’ll learn a thing or two. 

1 person likes this

large.20200227_163222.jpgi dont know if anyone here would have some advice for me i have 4 top tao autos they was gettig a bit tall so i had to do a little lst and start bending the top away maybe a week or so before is started to flower they have always been bushy plants even at over 1m tall but now as its into flower i have been tucking as many leaves as possible because 1 they say not to stress autos by snipping them(makes sense) 2 even if it didnt stress them plants need leaves so try to avoid when can. but as i say im into flower now and i cant get light to get past that  canopy so i have been wondering if their is a point when u think fuck it im going to need get rid of a few or would i just be better to deal with it and see what happens? would really just bury my head in the sand if i  wait  upto 4 months for a couple we bits of pop corn on top of a bush  ( sorry about the hps pic lol)

Edited by scottishgorilla420

@scottishgorilla420 I am pretty new to growing and I try different things on my plants. On my last Grow I have 8 plants in my tent and I have removed 1/3 of leaves from the bottom of 2 of them and these 2 plants ave me at least same if not better yield and definitely denser buds on lower parts. I think sometimes they just get to bushy and there is no light or air getting through. I haven't seen any side effects of that-might be that growing in hydro makes it easier for plants to recover