Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zeo

What size pots is everyone using ?

What size pots is everyone using. 

On my first grow , from what I’ve read you should start autos in the pot they’ll be finishing in. 

ive gone for 20l pots and I’m seeing good results but just wondering what everyone else does. 

Space wise I’d probably prefer small plants but more of them (1x1 tent) 

Whats everyone else’s experiences ? What do you prefer to do with your autos ? 

I just finished my first auto run I used 20L fabrics and to be honest the roots never really rooted out the pot at all I would use 10L next time.

Also I wouldn't start in the finish pots next time id pot up to build a good root ball. This is just me personally though I have heard you are better off in finals with autos thats why I did it but didn't get many roots.

Edited by UKsFinest
1 person likes this

5 litre suit me i aint got the space for bigger pots. :D

First grow I used 8L fabric pots, roots coming out all over the pot 

Just finishing second grow using 11L square plastic pot, getting a much butter yield 

going to go for 15L litre next not sure if will go plastic or fabric 

I just started a Dinafem Amnesia XXL in a 30ltr fabric pot today. It is a large auto that feeds more than usual though. 

1 person likes this

1 litre fabric pouch for me, it's tiny compared the others on here but I have a much smaller grow space and I wanted to grow 2 different plants and am not fussed about high yields. First time grower as well, and I think I may have to water more frequently then if I used bigger pots and I think I might have to use more nutes as there is less soil for plants to get what they need but I'm not sure. I've seen many people on here say read the plants but I've consistently and unintentionally killed any non canna plant I've had before! 

I've used 4L fabrics from seed to harvest but now use 8L fabrics. Just planted 2 autos this weekend and trying a different approach to finals and starting in 0.5L biodegradable pots.

They'll stay in those for 10-12 days then go into 8L finals. They are pretty porous and the roots go straight through the sides so I'll just plant the bio pots straight into the 8L. Hoping it avoids any transplant shock.

I plant straight into 10L rectangular pots. Looking at the rootballs from the last (auto) grow I don't think a bigger pot would be any improvement.

1 person likes this

10l for me.

10 liter fabric pots for me.... but I've just managed to get 50L of canna pro soil mix into 4 of them:g::yes::g: