Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jarvis91

Humidity issues

42 posts in this topic

Hey I am currently running a 1.2 x 1.2x2m lighthouse max tent, 600w hps. My intake fan is a 5” vortex pro with my filter running rhino pro carbon filter with an rvk l1 5”. Currently running around 27-29c but I can’t seem to manage humidity above 45%. Literally tried everything to raise it. Have shut all side vents added water sources running tower fans in the room with my intake ducting either next to the window or if it’s cold like recent weather window has been shut with the intake sucking from outside the room. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to raising the humidity without too much heat?

regards

jarvis

Don't worry about low humidity. I'm going to assume you have small plants vegging at the moment? Humidity will come up as they grow and transpire, and you'll be trying to keep humidity low in flower.

3 people like this

how old are your plants?

personally i never bother with humidity, it seems to balance it's self out as the plants get bigger

1 person likes this

Hey yeah my babies are in there first week in tent since germination. 5th I germinated the seeds using the starter kit i received from RQS. So happy with it I germinated 19/20 meaning I had to give a few plants to a mate as lack of space, I just worry that a lot of people say that they should be closer to 60 in this stage I’m probably just being over paranoid! But currently I have a couple pots of water in there which I cycle for watering as it keeps the water a nice temp for them to drink, also using my bottom side vents my friends said could make me lose humidity as it’s heavier than air so the moisture could be getting pushed out I’m literally just trying all sorts because I want the best for my little ones

@Jarvis91  Just chill and resist looking at them all the time! I know it's really exciting at the start but you must resist, just like crunchy nut cornflakes:)

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Don't worry about low humidity. I'm going to assume you have small plants vegging at the moment? Humidity will come up as they grow and transpire, and you'll be trying to keep humidity low in flower.

are you serious?....iv seen 10k rooms on their arse because somebody didnt have enough wet towels to hang or the time to do it.

forget about youll fuk your carbon, disconect it and wet those dolls up....yes you are correct Moonpig, as they grow they will develope their own humidity, shall we fuk them about with the wrong environment while the get to that place:thumbdown:

1 person likes this

lol

42 minutes ago, ratdog said:

how old are your plants?

personally i never bother with humidity, it seems to balance it's self out as the plants get bigger

and how long you been growing herb son?....another fuka gonna redesign the wheel:bangin:

Withnailed

2 people like this

Just now, JeezaK said:

and how long you been growing herb son?....another fuka gonna redesign the wheel:bangin:

lol

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, JeezaK said:

are you serious?....iv seen 10k rooms on their arse because somebody didnt have enough wet towels to hang or the time to do it.

forget about youll fuk your carbon, disconect it and wet those dolls up....yes you are correct Moonpig, as they grow they will develope their own humidity, shall we fuk them about with the wrong environment while the get to that place:thumbdown:

lol this is the thing! Everybody has different styles techniques etc! I’m not constantly opening to look at them as I can see hygrometer through side vent. Wet towels you say? Hanging them through the top of the tent? My extraction is at the top of tent would this not just suck it straight out?

if my plants were 3-4 weeks old and humidity was very low i might worry, at the seedling stage i don't worry at all, never have and never have problems with them.

1 person likes this

I would be very careful hanging wet towels at the top of any tent, especially if you have any form of luminaire or other current using device below.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Jarvis91 said:

lol this is the thing! Everybody has different styles techniques etc! I’m not constantly opening to look at them as I can see hygrometer through side vent. Wet towels you say? Hanging them through the top of the tent? My extraction is at the top of tent would this not just suck it straight out?

No this is not the thing Jarvis91...if its a small tent, you can hand mist to create a more friendly and thriving environment for vegative plants, a wet towel hung in a bucket of water (but it will gt manky) the thing is these lads who cant be arsed will let you follow their lead (wink)

1 minute ago, monkeypig said:

I would be very careful hanging wet towels at the top of any tent, especially if you have any form of luminaire or other current using device below.

id be even careful thinking if you dont realize the wet towel needs to be near the plants:thumsup: