Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

gb1

Freeze drying and decarbing

So...I was considering a freeze dryer to dry my herb As fast as possible while  retaining its taste.

  I realize Heat speeds up this decarbing reaction and is why people put their fresh herb in the oven to make sure its completely dry or decarbed.

because the herb would be freeze dried with zero moisture..Would it not be said that it is decarbed as well?  :unsure:

like if you made dry sift hash with it  and squished it in a press...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/02/2020 at 9:34 PM, gb1 said:

So...I was considering a freeze dryer to dry my herb As fast as possible while  retaining its taste.

  I realize Heat speeds up this decarbing reaction and is why people put their fresh herb in the oven to make sure its completely dry or decarbed.

because the herb would be freeze dried with zero moisture..Would it not be said that it is decarbed as well?  :unsure:

like if you made dry sift hash with it  and squished it in a press...

 

I may be the last person to answer this but Im very interested in the answer. (I have a really rare cancer I keep in check with weed)

I would say the weed has not been decarbed by this process as the THC-A (or CBD-A,CBC-A) will not be denaturised by the process and turned into THC/CBD.

(the cold will slow this process??)

The heat is used to speed up the process that would occur normally with access to air, light and time as you say........Dry sift hash has had the time to change to THC.

Heat pressing.....is just that....adding heat.

 

When I make BHO if I keep the temps low enough and the pressure high enough I create THC-A with all the glorious terps.....blows your twat off if you smoke it but I can eat a couple of grams and barely notice.

However.

I can do excatley the same process....then warm it up to a nice tan oil.....If eat the same as the sauce ill be asleep for 24hrs

 

Ill be very interested on peoples thoughts on this

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

you and me both :) 

Share this post


Link to post

@gb1

 

hi, i am in the oil club myself for cancer too,i dry and freeze .The decarbilization has main 2 factors -temperature and time

 

you still will need to decarb the final product,where you can loose your terpenes-i would suggest (using Megahome destiler at 50C) decarb in hot oil bath but instead of 120C for 20min try 60 for 40min.... result should be the same,only more terpenes as should not evaporate at 60C

 

I also have read RSO oil in olive oil tincture at room teperature will further decarb itself at about 20% in next month  (again time and temperature)

Edited by joba

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/02/2020 at 1:48 PM, zen-ken said:

When I make BHO if I keep the temps low enough and the pressure high enough I create THC-A with all the glorious terps.....blows your twat off if you smoke it but I can eat a couple of grams and barely notice.

However.

I can do excatley the same process....then warm it up to a nice tan oil.....If eat the same as the sauce ill be asleep for 24hrs

 

Ill be very interested on peoples thoughts on this

 

interesting,i have only witnessed the BHO extraction 3 times with dry ice and the full glorious set up,how long do you purge?

my mate used to purge for 48h in vacum oven at 40C...so i reckon some decarbolization occurs during the purging process

I am using for my meds ethanol 95% and alcohol destiler to reclaim the ethanol.I decarb the final oil in hot oil bath

 

Also i make my oil into tictures so droping under the tounge and getting 9 delta thc into blood stream,where's when you eat 11OH THC and apprarently about 20% gets lost in you digestive system.Sometimes when i have edibles in the evening,morning breakfast will activate the last nights dose

Edited by joba
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, joba said:

 

interesting,i have only witnessed the BHO extraction 3 times with dry ice and the full glorious set up,how long do you purge?

my mate used to purge for 48h in vacum oven at 40C...so i reckon some decarbolization occurs during the purging process

I am using for my meds ethanol 95% and alcohol destiler to reclaim the ethanol.I decarb the final oil in hot oil bath

 

Also i make my oil into tictures so droping under the tounge and getting 9 delta thc into blood stream,where's when you eat 11OH THC and apprarently about 20% gets lost in you digestive system.Sometimes when i have edibles in the evening,morning breakfast will activate the last nights dose

 

I purge at room temp for as long as it takes...there is a member here that makes diamonds and has a great thread(im not quite at that level yet....Im noob level)..I use a two stage pump and a really small chamber so get a great pressure....I just keep going till Im satisfied the butanes gone :yep:

 

large.PuregoldcoldTC.jpg

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now