Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee1089

Help! Deficiency,?

17 posts in this topic

Easy guys. 
so 4 week flower starting to lose some lower leaves I’ve atttached pics for you to see  

day temps around 28/29 and night temps 20

growing under 2 400s in a 2.4x1.2. Mid/top of plant leaves seem perfect and all’s growing well. If it’s a deficiency of some sort what you thinking ? large.D436A561-41A1-4BC7-A778-2FFD177D793B.jpeglarge.84F5183E-13F9-4E0A-A36A-B5985A17F57B.jpeglarge.0DF4EDCE-8CAF-40C2-8ACC-7E4A82890EC4.jpegAny info welcome. Might I mention leaves at top are stand upwards (preying leafs) 

Edited by Owderb
Moved out of NEW MEMBERS FORUM

mine look like that when i'm under feeding

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

mine look like that when i'm under feeding

Nice one bro , I’m waiting till soil dry then feeding again. Do u mean as in up the Amount of nutes in the water ? or just generally give them more so in instead of 1litre to drink give them 2 and so on? 

Just now, Lee1089 said:

Nice one bro , I’m waiting till soil dry then feeding again. Do u mean as in up the Amount of nutes in the water ? or just generally give them more so in instead of 1litre to drink give them 2 and so on? 

give a good dose of feed in the water and water until it's saturated

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, ratdog said:

give a good dose of feed in the water and water until it's saturated

I’m already giving them a good dose of nutes. Like you say maybe I’m not giving enough water each time. Currently having 2l water every other day. There in 15l pots   

56 minutes ago, Lee1089 said:

I’m already giving them a good dose of nutes.

what do you call a good dose?

2L isn't enough to get run off in my 5.7L coco pots. Your watering is off my man. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, ratdog said:

what do you call a good dose?

I’m using 40ml a+b to every 10l water

20ml boost to every 10l which I will gradually increase. I’m using Dutch pro range 

7 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

2L isn't enough to get run off in my 5.7L coco pots. Your watering is off my man. 

I think use guys may be bang on now it’s been pointed out and a little more reading   haha  I’ll increase water and see.. Would they not show another sign if I was under watering like drooping leaves etc. I have underwatered in the past and leaves just looked lifeless. Can underwatering a cause the top leaves of plant to point up too? 

Edited by Lee1089

1 hour ago, Lee1089 said:

2l water every other day. There in 15l pots

not good watering regime mate, soak then let dry out to about 25% weight of the soaked pot each and every watering

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, ratdog said:

not good watering regime mate, soak then let dry out to about 25% weight of the soaked pot each and every watering

Thanks bro, I’ll be changing the regime starting tomoz. Hopefully I’ll  see a change in these leaves dying off then too. Will the leaves at top of plant that are standing up (preying) be a sign of that too? Or something else? 

Edited by Lee1089

Will the leaves at top of plant that are standing up (preying) be a sign of that too? Or something else? 

i like mine to "prey" mate, but it seems strain dependent to me, if your canopy temps are not outrageous they are just enjoying life

1 person likes this

I think use guys may be bang on now it’s been pointed out and a little more reading

Spot on.

Watering technique is massive.

Here's something I clipped from OT1:

"Water the pots until the compost is totally saturated, to learn what totally saturated is, use a pot saucer, water through until there is half to an inch of water in the saucer, leave standing in the water for half to up to an hour, if the water is drawn up by the root ball during that time, water through a bit more until there is standing water again, repeat this until no more is drawn up by the root ball after half an hour.

Dry is more difficult, the rootball is dry just before it starts shrinking back from the pot, at shrink back the lower leaves will go down a little but not properly wilted, if this happens its not a disaster as long as the plant does not loose turgidity right up the plant. You can get to judge dry by hefting the pot taking into acount the weight of the plant, as an idea loose fill a pot with fresh compost to get an idea of weight, as a point fresh bagged compost is just damp not totally dry and about ready for watering. You will get some rootball compaction and shrinkage naturally as the compost settles, this is not to be confused with totally dry shrinkback, to deal with this run a finger round the pot edge and then over the compost before watering to loosen the surface.

If you are watering every 2 days the compost core will still have lots of unused water/nutrients in solution, adding more before this is used can cause build up nutrient excess, also the core being wet make it anaerobic, this in turn makes an ideal medium for root disease."

With watering there are other subtleties which I certainly didn't consider either - eg if the plants are too small for the pot, then the roots can't necessarily reach to absorb all the water. I used to use cold tapwater but learned that the water should be given at 22-24 degrees or so; it is best to use a rose rather than just let it glug out. Things like that. I don't know where you are at with all of this mate but hopefully it is of help.

Getting the right wet/dry cycle as described above is key though.

Edited by Tony K

59 minutes ago, Tony K said:

Spot on.

Watering technique is massive.

Here's something I clipped from OT1:

"Water the pots until the compost is totally saturated, to learn what totally saturated is, use a pot saucer, water through until there is half to an inch of water in the saucer, leave standing in the water for half to up to an hour, if the water is drawn up by the root ball during that time, water through a bit more until there is standing water again, repeat this until no more is drawn up by the root ball after half an hour.

Dry is more difficult, the rootball is dry just before it starts shrinking back from the pot, at shrink back the lower leaves will go down a little but not properly wilted, if this happens its not a disaster as long as the plant does not loose turgidity right up the plant. You can get to judge dry by hefting the pot taking into acount the weight of the plant, as an idea loose fill a pot with fresh compost to get an idea of weight, as a point fresh bagged compost is just damp not totally dry and about ready for watering. You will get some rootball compaction and shrinkage naturally as the compost settles, this is not to be confused with totally dry shrinkback, to deal with this run a finger round the pot edge and then over the compost before watering to loosen the surface.

If you are watering every 2 days the compost core will still have lots of unused water/nutrients in solution, adding more before this is used can cause build up nutrient excess, also the core being wet make it anaerobic, this in turn makes an ideal medium for root disease."

With watering there are other subtleties which I certainly didn't consider either - eg if the plants are too small for the pot, then the roots can't necessarily reach to absorb all the water. I used to use cold tapwater but learned that the water should be given at 22-24 degrees or so; it is best to use a rose rather than just let it glug out. Things like that. I don't know where you are at with all of this mate but hopefully it is of help.

Getting the right wet/dry cycle as described above is key though.

That’s helps a lot thanks. I’m pretty sure now this is my problem. Reason I hadn’t thought I was under watering before is id not seen any leaves drooping like what I’d seen in previous grows  when I’d left them too long without a drink. Maybe I’m catching them just before this point, each time I do feed though the soil is really dry Which I thought that was A good thing But maybe their tooooo dry! I never use water straight from the tap I always leave 24h and I’m pretty sure the plants are more than big enough for the the pot size.  
big help man thanks again 

Edited by Lee1089
1 person likes this

any one know how i upload pics it keeps saying file too big etc im new and not sure how the site works and need help i hope to repay by helping others too