Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sn00py

Sick clones?

27 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I've been gifted some clones (Star Dawg Manny cut) and they were in poor shape when I received them but they seem to have bounced back over the last couple of weeks.  I can see some yellowing of the leaves and was wondering if I should be on the lookout for any potential issues (I've never worked with clones before) 

Please can you take a look at the attached and let me know what you think? 

large.Screenshot_20200205_201502_com.android.gallery3d_compress16.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200205_201450_com.android.gallery3d_compress83.jpg

They look a bit droopy, sure they are rooted?  Maybe just watered? Hows the environment? 

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

They look a bit droopy, sure they are rooted?  Maybe just watered? Hows the environment? 

Hey there, thanks for the reply.  Yes they'd just been watered at that point, from memory EC of 1.0, PH of 5.9/6.0 using CX Coco a&b, bio stimulator and their root product.  First time using these nutes so a little bit of a learning process.  The environment is fine, they are under a 400MH and temperatures are within range (max 24c) 20hrs light. 

They are showing roots at the bottom of the pots, which look white and healthy - Just a little unsure as I've not used clones before now really if what I'm seeing on the leaves is a throwback to the state of the clones when they arrived or an indication of issues with them themselves.  I'll attach an image of how they looked a couple of weeks ago and you can see how they've progressed. 

Thanks again for the reply. 

large.IMG_20200201_164032_compress99.jpglarge.IMG_20200116_172511_compress17.jpg

1 person likes this

Some additional information. The low 13 degree temperature is from before the lights were on - actual low temp is around 21, with a high of near 24. 

large.Screenshot_20200205_222853_com.cousins_sears.beaconthermometer.jpg

Edited by sn00py
1 person likes this

You're golden dude.  Just drooping from a fresh watering.  I'm no expert either, I've only just taken my first ever clone.

large.IMG_20200131_075434_compress70.jpglarge.IMG_20200204_222924_compress72.jpg

2 people like this

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Yours is looking very healthy so good job yourself :)

I'm going to pot mine up in a day or two and hopefully that'll see them start to flourish. 

Thanks again for your time and good luck with the rest of your grow.

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

Temps should never fall below 20 degrees all the way through the grow and thats at pot level. Thats lights on or off

Owd

2 people like this

I'm not sure if it's water on the leaves or patches.. at first glance thought you may have some  bug damage?

I'm on a small screen..

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
3 people like this

5 hours ago, Owderb said:

Temps should never fall below 20 degrees all the way through the grow and thats at pot level. Thats lights on or off

Owd

Thanks Owd, duly noted! One thing I am bad at doing is actually shocking a little by watering with water that's probably a little cold.  I'll try to rectify, but it's particularly hard to do at this sort of time of the year.

5 hours ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

I'm not sure if it's water on the leaves or patches.. at first glance thought you may have some  bug damage?

I'm on a small screen..

I have been a little sloppy with splashing water round thus far, you could be spot on there, thinking on it.  I'll be back in the room after work, I'll take another photo of some suspect areas closer up.

Thanks again guy. Do appreciate it

Edited by sn00py
1 person likes this

12 hours ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

I'm on a small screen..

First thing I thought too

3 people like this

I've been repotting and watering this evening so grabbed a close up photo of one of the offending leaves.  Had a check under and on top of the fan leaves and couldn't see anything living - never had issue with pests in my cab before now, but obviously these clones have come from someone else's room.  

large.IMG_20200206_195221_compress95.jpglarge.IMG_20200206_195242_compress91.jpg

If you look closely at the first photo you may see a few small brown flecks, I'm pretty certain this is stray Coco from the repotting. 

Edited by sn00py

Have you looked under the leaves with a magnifying glass?? I'm not a gambler ,but I'd put money on the top rhs one having mites. .

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, MK11 said:

Have you looked under the leaves with a magnifying glass?? I'm not a gambler ,but I'd put money on the top rhs one having mites. .

I'll have a gander with a scope tomorrow mate, thanks for the advice. I've shown the pic to the guy I got the cuts from and he thought it looked like a slight cal deficiency, which would sort of make sense as I've only added cal mag to one watering this grow so far (with these leaves already present at that point) I'll check them out with some glass though to be sure. What's the best solution to mites if they are present? 

Looks like thrip marks to me

Owd

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, sn00py said:

1 minute ago, Owderb said:

Looks like thrip marks to me

Owd

Lets hope so,the borg aint no fun.

1 person likes this