Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesusChrist

LED Battens.... Any Good?

Hey Buddies. Quick question regarding these LED Batten fittings. I'm looking to replace my T5 Fluoros. They're way past it. These seem pretty legit but nobody seems to be using them. Batten Fitting

I'm thinking two of these over a 1.2m long prop. 

Main question really is; would they be adequate lighting or too much? And how would they be wired? To a basic plug? If so, how many could be fitted onto the one plug?

Thanks in advance

Should be fine but failing that you could attach it to your cross so people can see you hanging about at night.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, JesusChrist said:

Hey Buddies. Quick question regarding these LED Batten fittings. I'm looking to replace my T5 Fluoros. They're way past it. These seem pretty legit but nobody seems to be using them. Batten Fitting

I'm thinking two of these over a 1.2m long prop. 

Main question really is; would they be adequate lighting or too much? And how would they be wired? To a basic plug? If so, how many could be fitted onto the one plug?

Thanks in advance

I was looking at replacing the T8s in my fishtanks you want to look at LED strip lights as well mate look easy to fit and some of them are dimmable the likes of Screwfix have started doing them as well

2 people like this

Yea I was looking on the screwfix website at those. I've also had a look at the strip lights. 

Are these just plug and play replacements? I tried getting some info over the phones regarding the wiring and they're just call cenres with little knowledge of anything they sell. 

Any idea how many of these could I run on one plug?

Any idea how many of these could I run on one plug?

that would depend on what size of fuse you put in your plug:yes:

Thanks

How many on a 13a?

Edited by JesusChrist

2 minutes ago, JesusChrist said:

Thanks

How many on a 13a?

depends on the wattage   
 watt=amp X volts

1 person likes this

Ok, have a look at this one: Different batten

One the face of it, why the big price difference?

Obviously this doesn't come with the tube but the tubes are very cheap. Are there ither components missing etc?

Cheers

Just now, Jimboo said:

depends on the wattage   
 watt=amp X volts

Individually they're meant to replace 2 x 58w bulbs. 

I think the actual wattage is 60w

Based on that, how many could I setup with through-wiring?

thanks

I dont know what  through-wiring is mate but a 13amp fuse would let you run over 2000watts if that's any help 

ETA To run 120watts I would opt for a 3 amp fuse

Edited by Jimboo

Nice one bud. Through-wiring is daisy chaining. 

Recon these would be a good replacement for T5s?

The maxibright T5 unit is a big bulky thing. If I can just drop two of these onto the props, or clip them to a board suspended, surely that's the way forward, right?

Ok I'm back

Never meant to click post on that. Anyway... after a bit of browsing on that site, I found this:

Philips high output T5 replacement

Now this says it needs an electronic ballast. I'm (maybe wrongly) assuming this means it is to be retrofitted into the unit I have now and run as is?

If not, how do I fit this?

Ok so whats the best way to link fittings together which won't daisy chain?

A junction box of some sort?