Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

moon grower

New to RO water need help with deficiency

37 posts in this topic

Morning boys, need a little help with a deficiency I'm new to using RO water in rdwc so I was expecting this to happen tbh. Plants have been in the system since Friday ( they did have a little bit of a deficiency before I put them in from my cloner) I've been setting the pH around 5.9 and it's slowly been drifting up to about 6.4. I'm using advanced nutrients this is what I added in the 200lt system...

100ml calmag from 0ec to. 2-.3
200ml b52
100ml voodoo
Grow a&b until final EC of .6
large.Screenshot_20200128_082515_com.android.gallery3d.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200128_082513_com.android.gallery3d.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200128_082819.jpg

I've just read that I shouldn't be using calmag with advanced nutrients, maybe this could be a lockout because of too much calmag....? 

30 minutes ago, moon grower said:

I've been setting the pH

There's the problem bud, I've been using advanced for several years and never ph'd...I use tapwater, Sensi A+B grow and bloom with a little Buddha's treee pk in flower.

The rest of their range isn't worth bothering with, make sure your res temps are around 20c as the plants look cold as well...

My results are good and have never had any deficiencies...

atb

:oldtoker:

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, stu914 said:

There's the problem bud, I've been using advanced for several years and never ph'd...I use tapwater, Sensi A+B grow and bloom with a little Buddha's treee pk in flower.

The rest of their range isn't worth bothering with, make sure your res temps are around 20c as the plants look cold as well...

My results are good and have never had any deficiencies...

atb

:oldtoker:

I can't use tap water mate it just causes me a lot of problems I've had it tested my magnesium and calcium ratio is way off. My water temp is 18 to 19 degrees set by the chiller. So what you're saying is I just add my a& b and ignore the pH let it do what it wants? 

20 minutes ago, moon grower said:

I just add my a& b and ignore the pH let it do what it wants? 

Thats it bud, simple....I must admit when I started using these it was difficult not to be tempted to check ph, especially after so many years having that chore to do.

The ph pen is still in the box, never used........I grow DWC and never had an issue, res temps sit just under 20c.

1 person likes this

Im feeling your pain here....they look just like mine did and I would imagine you have the same problem.

Can you get a picture of your roots up ? I bet the problem is there :yep:

10 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Thats it bud, simple....I must admit when I started using these it was difficult not to be tempted to check ph, especially after so many years having that chore to do.

The ph pen is still in the box, never used........I grow DWC and never had an issue, res temps sit just under 20c.

That sounds crazy lolTbh now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I didn't add PH down when I first mixed the solution I added PH down Saturday night or Sunday can't remember and it's from then they started to look sick.. Cheers mate I'll drain and refill and see what happens :)

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

Im feeling your pain here....they look just like mine did and I would imagine you have the same problem.

Can you get a picture of your roots up ? I bet the problem is there :yep:

Will later when home from work mate but looked this morning roots look OK 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, moon grower said:

That sounds crazy lolTbh now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I didn't add PH down when I first mixed the solution I added PH down Saturday night or Sunday can't remember and it's from then they started to look sick.. Cheers mate I'll drain and refill and see what happens :)

:yep:

Also on a side note I pre buffer my RO water for RDWC but only take it to 0.2 EC

2 people like this

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

:yep:

Also on a side note I pre buffer my RO water for RDWC but only take it to 0.2 EC

Cheers mate, is that with advanced nutrients because I've read they already add enough calmag so it's not needed with their nutrients

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, moon grower said:

Cheers mate, is that with advanced nutrients because I've read they already add enough calmag so it's not needed with their nutrients

No....I did use AN but it was a long time ago......I would listen to @stu914 on this one.....he's the person I ask when things go wrong :yep:

2 people like this

Root pic they look a little brown but that's stained from when I added the nutes cuz the water is a little brown large.Screenshot_20200128_140324.jpg

1 person likes this

Roots are ok bud, leave a decent air gap between the bottom of the pot and nutes...around 100mm + ...

These nutes do stain roots, had me going to start with, you get used to telling the difference between that and root rot...

Your damaged leaves won't repair but new ones will soon appear so all looks good...:yep:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

Roots are ok bud, leave a decent air gap between the bottom of the pot and nutes...around 100mm + ...

These nutes do stain roots, had me going to start with, you get used to telling the difference between that and root rot...

Your damaged leaves won't repair but new ones will soon appear so all looks good...:yep:

appreciate the help mate, system fully drained and filled with 180lt of water. 

Added 

70ml b52

70ml voodoo juice

180ml of a&b 

Gave me just over 300ppm 

Ph was 6.6 then once nutes added went down to 6 but I'll leave it alone and let it do what it wants and hopefully they start growing and cheering up :)large.Screenshot_20200128_171941.jpg

One more thing mate, I've got real growers recharge that I use for coco, is it safe to use in my rdwc?