Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MalmGrower

2 Shoots 1 Seed

Unlike the infamous video this thread contains no graphic content.. I do however have a puzzling germination problem. I decided to germinate straight to soil this time round and it's gone really well. The seeds have sprouted withing 48hrs of me planting the them so I'll be doing this technique again next time round.. but it has presented me with something I've not seen before (I admit I'm pretty novice so this could turn out to be really common) and that is I have to shoots emerging from one of my seeds! Now I'd like to think this is some lucky charm, especially after my terrible last grow, but it's probably just another bizarre phenomenon of mother nature. So logic tells me to chop one off or do I get two plants for the price of one and them both grow out?? Any help will be much appreciated!!

 

large.IMG_20200124_134410-756x1008.jpg

 

large.IMG_20200124_134414-756x1008.jpg



3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Thought I had this too, turns out I'd put two seeds in one pot. 

I have seen this happen a few times before though dude. 

If it were me I'd let them both go for shits and giggles, probably not as productive as choosing the strongest shoot, but hey, I like weird shit. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

let them grow a nice root ball first then split them in my experience one will die as the strongest will take over 

i only know through trying to grow 2 and 3 plants in the same container or pot the stronger one takes over so i am assuming the same would apply to yours 

best of luck keep us updated

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I have had the one double header also, it was a sweet seeds sweet cheese.  I named her Muto.

 

Grew good and smoked good :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

If one becomes clearly better than the other, or one starts to fail or drop off then I'd cut one and leaver the better one to grow.

 

If both grow equally and neither one stands out as being much better I'd leave them be and use a bit of LST and topping to get a few really nice tops.

 

 

GV.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I'd both grow equal youve got natural mainlining lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FatBoy77 said:

Thought I had this too, turns out I'd put two seeds in one pot. 

I have seen this happen a few times before though dude. 

If it were me I'd let them both go for shits and giggles, probably not as productive as choosing the strongest shoot, but hey, I like weird shit. 

 

Definitely just one seed as I only had 3 in total of the critical jack.. when I first saw it I did question myself about planting 2 seeds though lol

 

1 hour ago, highgrowtimes said:

let them grow a nice root ball first then split them in my experience one will die as the strongest will take over 

i only know through trying to grow 2 and 3 plants in the same container or pot the stronger one takes over so i am assuming the same would apply to yours 

best of luck keep us updated

 

That's what I thought.. surely the strongest will take over at some point, and rather than let the weaker one 'steal' energy during growing, is it best just to chop it now? I think I am gona let this play out and see what happens though

 

54 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

I have had the one double header also, it was a sweet seeds sweet cheese.  I named her Muto.

 

Grew good and smoked good :)

 

This is a Dinafem Critical Jack..  aha nice, well that's promising to hear! Did they grow equally? 

 

23 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

If one becomes clearly better than the other, or one starts to fail or drop off then I'd cut one and leaver the better one to grow.

 

If both grow equally and neither one stands out as being much better I'd leave them be and use a bit of LST and topping to get a few really nice tops.

 

 

GV.

 

Thanks GV.. they both seem pretty much the same as you can see. It's early days yet though.. I'm thinking that if they continue this way will they need potting up before the other 2 CJ's I've got going, due to essentially being 2 plants in one pot?

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, MalmGrower said:

 

 

 

Thanks GV.. they both seem pretty much the same as you can see. It's early days yet though.. I'm thinking that if they continue this way will they need potting up before the other 2 CJ's I've got going, due to essentially being 2 plants in one pot?

 

 

 

I wouldn't think so mate, I think the twin thing comes from the stem upwards, I cant see it being double the roots.

 

Not so sure about feed though, the plant may want more feed as there's more mass up top, and this could then prompt the plant to make more roots. Really not sure mate, it's such a rare thing to see, and I doubt little if any research has been done on this kinda thing. 

 

If it were me I'd just keep an eye on the roots, gauge it against the other plants and see if its rooting any faster.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now