Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jammo85

Lockout? Calmag? Cold roots? Something else?

68 posts in this topic

I had a calmag issue at the start of these plants but that got sorted 

i started a thread here if to seeing the plants then helps you help me 

they are fed Canna terra nutes.  

canna Flores 

canna boast 

pk 13/14 

Canna 

rhizotonic 

Switched from Biobizz During grow but before Flower started 

room is 30c lights on 

22lights off 

roots are between 19-21c 

they Would of done 4 weeks tomorrow In flower

recently broke my leg so haven’t been able to get down shed, partners been watering it for me after I mix the nutes for her. 
never more than 1.7ec  

you can see some of these leaves look similar to when i had calmag deficiency 

but I’m still feeding calmag at 0.5-1ml a litre usually on the lighter side. 

large.E3FA11D4-CDA7-4EA1-A089-8D77E71EB229.jpeglarge.D019F139-C32D-4D8B-BEFB-B4B394827E87.jpeglarge.CD681265-2699-42F3-A3A9-5A3BFB73DD02.jpeglarge.38083DD5-5DE1-4639-BFC7-C28E8A916A3E.jpeglarge.6DDAF255-37A6-4EDD-93FB-30FFEDE70588.jpeglarge.17312D3E-077A-4593-ACDB-EA2EF8421637.jpeg

here’s some of the leaves from bottom of plant, not sure if these dying is normal or part of the same issue.....

large.AB515D11-B90B-4AF3-BB04-399E9DB5429B.jpeglarge.B9CF5C39-571A-472A-992D-F3C837058663.jpeglarge.503CCFAF-AE67-41FD-BC66-AD5E3ECAB813.jpeglarge.3B6DEC31-C6D9-494C-9B1C-CC4CDAF85BBC.jpeg

Could over watering caused lockout maybe ? 

1 person likes this

My first thought is root temps, below 20c causes problems. Try warming them up and see. Let the pots dry out a bit too, excess water will maintain the cold around the roots. 

HTH

:bong:

Obie 

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

My first thought is root temps, below 20c causes problems. Try warming them up and see. Let the pots dry out a bit too, excess water will maintain the cold around the roots. 

HTH

:bong:

Obie 

brilliant thanks mate, I’ve been watering bit more often than I would of normally just to make it easier on wife as I’m fkd. 
Ive been keeping them wetter than normal which like you just said has the effect of cooler them more. Thank you, now you said that it’s clear to me! Really appreciate info!! 

Hi dude, hope you dont mind me sticking my oar in, just be aware of your electricals close to pots, where you will be watering. One wrong splash could be a problem :) an easy one could be to rotate tube heater so cable is facing downwards maybe? Just a thought mate all the best. Plants look nice btw I'm sure you will get them sorted. Oh and hope your leg heals quick! 

5 people like this

@Openairbud god no I don’t mind mate, thank you for pointing that out. Will take care of that just to be safe! Thank you Once again for the tips mate. 

2 people like this

Hi mate. Just looking at the pics I would suggest possibly a slight nitrogen excess. Dark and shiny leaves with tips down turned. Maybe knock off the cal mag for a couple of feeds and try cal mag once a week. Cal mag has nitrogen in which if feeding nutrients could mean slight excess of N. I agree with the root temperatures diagnosis as well. I had a similar prob. Also flower temps could be a bit cooler. About 26 in flower. But don't take my word for any of my diagnoses I'm a novice grower it's just looking at the pics and the info you have given that makes me think possible N excess and a bit overwatered. Although the shiny appearance could be the flash. Anyhow looking pretty good. 

1 person likes this

a tip mate..maybe stick a bit of black tape over the indicator light on the oil rad:yep:

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Miles `n Smiles said:

a tip mate..maybe stick a bit of black tape over the indicator light on the oil rad:yep:

i have several indicator lights in my grows and i have never had a hermie, last time i thought i had an issue it was an accidental pollination on my behalf, i kept a male on the windowsill in the same room thinking i was in control lol

i've grown in my garden directly under a street light with no hermie

3 people like this

@ratdog,fair dues mate...just think its best to dot all the I`s and cross all the T`s...something which im seemingly incapable of doiing with indoor grows atm.

2 people like this

PS your wife is doing a good job. I hate to think what mine would do to  my grow if she had to take care if them. 

Try to keep lights off a bit warmer about 23 to keep the roots warmer and a bit cooler lights on 26/27 

Don't forget in flower they need less N. 

Edited by captain sensible
2 people like this

Canna terra is strong. Fyi i rarely go over half strenght (2.5ml pl) and unless your water is very soft you shouldn't need cal mag. That won't be helping

E2a. They aren't in bad health at all apart from those few burnt tips 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
4 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer

Water is very very soft and I ended up having calmag deficiencies each grow when on Biobizz.

ill pass on the good the positive review to the wife @captain sensible I know she’s cursing me at the moment lol. 
I’ll try get that lights off temp up a bit, should help a bit now that last few days of crazy cold seems to of past. 
only using the flower nute of Canna but have gone up to full strength....maybe I’ll back off a bit there yeh? 

Would these pictures from this morning change any of your opinions? 

large.F9CF389E-30CA-4079-BE67-9A72D64F6F73.jpeglarge.3EB09CDB-E020-4AA7-8F02-631F0DD276AF.jpeglarge.377EF449-7D28-4825-B4BE-E3A93CC924E9.jpeglarge.E1B3C354-F523-4253-9CA5-A13ECC4BD4B8.jpeg

Being a novice I wouldn't like to give you the wrong advise but I would still think possibly a bit too much N. I'm in the pennines and also have very soft water (13.6) so I am adding cal mag but only once a week and I might reduce that to once a fortnight now I'm just entering third week flower. They don't look too overwatered but difficult to say. I imagine with a broken leg it's not easy trying to attend to them.  I weigh mine to be certain although I'm beginning to get the hang of lifting them and looking at the plants themselves to tell if they are thirsty or not. I don't have any experience of the nutes you are using. I'm using biobizz with their nutes and following their feeding schedule with an eye on oldtimer's which uses more grow. I also use the alg-a-mic and acti Vera but only once a week. I have read that aloe vera is very good for plants. Others might disagree but it can't hurt. The alg-a-mic being seaweed based also helps plants deal with nutrient deficiencies or excesses. Overall they look pretty healthy imo. I would still say keep the temperatures a bit higher lights off and a bit cooler lights on. But I haven't completed a grow yet so don't take my advice too seriously. The slight yellowing of leaves is obviously a sign that's something is amiss but overall they look pretty healthy. What size pots are they and how much water are they getting? 

Edited by captain sensible
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

Would these pictures from this morning change any of your opinions? 

No, 5ml pl is way too strong for anything. 

Your already overfed and I dont see any calmag issues. 

Plants look cold is the only issue which is giving you purple stems and what look like deficiencies on an overfed plant. 

Like I said, this grow Ive never been more than 3ml pl 

I used to suffer cal issues using PM oldtimers. Not with canna terra. Adding calmag when you havent seen any calmag issues is silly and is compounding overfeeding.

Watch out, whilst the plants look in decent order if you keep feeding at 5ml pl your plants will fry......I can see it coming and the first signs are already there.

Too much feed = shite smoke. Id rather have a slightly underfed plant than over

7 people like this