Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeydoughnut

Any ideas about this?

Hi folks. Got 3 ladies going at the moment. One bubbledawg, one gorilla zkittles and a honey rock. All three were just seed popped straight to soil in biobizz lightmix. Watered with rhizotonic up until last pot (11 litre). So the b'dawg and zkittles are potted up in allmix and the honey rock is in lightmix. Ran out of allmix so had to make do. All showing at drainage holes with good healthy looking roots so i decided to flip to 12/12 last night. They needed a drink so started with a small bit of feed. Just grow and bloom. I try not to faff too much. Just seed in soil. Water. Grow n bloom. That way i feel i cant mess up too much. Temps have been at around 23-26/27 lights on and managed to achieve between 19-21 lights out with the assistance of a handy lickle tube heater. I have a 5" cooltube with 5" ram fan and ducting acting as a passive intake. Tent is 1x1x1.8. Water is hard in this area. The one thing ive done this time differently than before is top up with warm water to try and get something similar to the root zone. Now whether thats naughty or not im not sure.

So basically the bubbledawg is the one perturbing me most. When it was germinating i knocked it over like a prize plum. Couldnt see whether the seed had been disturbed so just ploncked the soil back on top n just waited to see what happened. Anyway it sprouted but was always a bit gangly and roundish leaves. I thought its young it'll grow out of it. But it hasnt. Always grown at the same rate as the rest but lots of clawing going on and what i can only describe as textured leaves. A bit lickle bobbing a crisp packet on't stove, that shrivelly crinkly effect. Its never turned to browning or in yer face issues. But now the newest leaves at the very tips are starting to pale up/yellowing. Only ever so slightly. Only been fed 1ml p/ltr of grow n bloom once, which was last night. Watered until got run off.

Without the clawing etc the other 2 have really tiny bits of discolouration on the very newest growth at the very tips too. The zkttlez got the same feed at the bubbledawg but the honey rock is in lightmix so got 2ml grow and 1ml bloom as per the biobizz chart. Ive popped some pics up. 

Also wondered what people thought of trimming leaves at this stage. As mentioned before i just leave them to do their thing and dont faff too much but theres some big arse leaves covering the new flower bearing growth? Reckon they'll pop through on their own?

cheers again folks. Sorry to be a pest.

These first pics are the B'dawg.

large.IMG_1727.JPGlarge.IMG_1728.JPGlarge.IMG_1729.JPGlarge.IMG_1730.JPGlarge.IMG_1731.JPG

These nest two are the honey rock and zkittlez.

large.IMG_1732.JPGlarge.IMG_1733.JPG

They look overfed to me mate hence the really dark leaves

Owd

4 people like this

Where you see  The leaves Look bloated and droopy , or crinkly as you said.. they do this with an overload of water. Keep an eye on And keep to a wet/dry watering cycle and feed levels as owd says and you'll be golden. 

1 person likes this

Too much nitrogen can make them look lush but it blocks out other nutes. Not sure if it is the light but some of those leaves look like going khaki/brown ?? if so definitely back off on the nutes. Too early for bloom imo as they will be starting to stretch first .  

1 person likes this

Agree with guys here, looks like a watering issue, be it overfed or over watered (which in turn has likely caused over feeding)

1 person likes this

They look a bit over watered and over fed to me mate, let them dry out a bit before watering again and back off the feed a little I recon.

1 person likes this

Thanks to everyone for the help. A unanimous decision. To be fair i have watered sooner than previous efforts due to leaving it a bit long in the past. Need to find that goldielocks zone. Just another quick one while im here. As i mentioned id used lightmix until this final pot up and id only given water+rhizo until then. Could this be the culprit? Would the suggestion be just good ol' plain water and watch this space then? Love this place! Getting me a paid up membership once ive recovered from the expense of Christmas. 

20 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Thanks to everyone for the help. A unanimous decision. To be fair i have watered sooner than previous efforts due to leaving it a bit long in the past. Need to find that goldielocks zone. Just another quick one while im here. As i mentioned id used lightmix until this final pot up and id only given water+rhizo until then. Could this be the culprit? Would the suggestion be just good ol' plain water and watch this space then? Love this place! Getting me a paid up membership once ive recovered from the expense of Christmas. 

Lightmix contains less nutrient than Allmix. I always use Allmix. I use water plus v small amount silicon for first 3 weeks then start on nutes.  To check re watering some go by weight but if Im not sure I push a finger in , if feels damp leave well alone. These plants seem to prefer good wet/dry cycle as opposed to permanent damp. If you keep your water in containers in the grow room it also stays at same(ish) temps to the roots. I wouldnt add warm tap water. 

Good luck 

2 people like this

Cheers for the response owd chap. Popped me head in yesterday after work and they looked better in terms of how deep green they looked. Stretched a bit too. 

As a novice silicone is new to me I’ll look into that. 

15 hours ago, Bartyfartblast said:

Lightmix contains less nutrient than Allmix. I always use Allmix. I use water plus v small amount silicon for first 3 weeks then start on nutes.  To check re watering some go by weight but if Im not sure I push a finger in , if feels damp leave well alone. These plants seem to prefer good wet/dry cycle as opposed to permanent damp. If you keep your water in containers in the grow room it also stays at same(ish) temps to the roots. I wouldnt add warm tap water. 

Good luck 

So when you feed after 3 weeks what is it you give them? With it being allmix I assume this is in flower? 

Also with young plants is the wet/dry still applicable? 

Apologise for my questions I do realise I come across a bit of a numb nuts but this growing yer own is quickly becoming a bit of a dark art.

Thanks again for yer help it’s very much appreciated 

I have some cuttings now about 2 weeks old from potting up and i do a wet dry cycle on them.

Basically every 2 days.

I also use all-mix, iirc they say all-mix has enough nutes for 3 weeks, but i often will veg longer, so i just add 1ml per litre of bio-bizz fish mix, 4ml per litre of root juice and 1/2ml per litre of silicon

I use the root juice from when i pot up the cuttings the first time (rhizo does same job as root juice btw)

Edited by Subutai

Cheers subutai. It genuinely is a dark art. Just when yer think you’re on top of things something else pops up. 

I try to stay as close to nature as possible so I don’t monkey around too much while I’m still learning. 

Tried the pots for weight last night two are getting thirsty but the third still feels like it’s holding some moisture. So I have one in allmix one in light mix that need a drink. I’ll feed the light mix only and let the allmix ones tell me when they’re ready.

cheers again owd chap.

1 person likes this

On 15/01/2020 at 8:31 AM, mikeydoughnut said:

As a novice silicone is new to me I’ll look into that.  Bio silicon ...like black tar aids strong root growth 

So when you feed after 3 weeks what is it you give them? With it being allmix I assume this is in flower? I use allmix from day 1 . The plant will use up the free nutrients supplied in the soil and thats why you add it , to restore balance . There are grow charts in here regarding how much to use. 

Also with young plants is the wet/dry still applicable? Yep but not too dry 

Apologise for my questions I do realise I come across a bit of a numb nuts but this growing yer own is quickly becoming a bit of a dark art. We all started somewhere and even the best on here will still drop a bullock now and then ... no such thing as a stupid question if it helps you get a good grow. Check out the grow diaries and maybe start one ?

Thanks again for yer help it’s very much appreciated , No worries :yep:

2 people like this

Proper gent. Very much appreciated barty. Just off to see what they look like now I’ve got a minute. Hopefully won’t have to come crying to you good people on’t uk420 again :)