Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay1601

Autopot.. sorry another post

After some advice from people using the Autopot systems, the Mrs wants to go away later in the year which is going to effect my next grow. I hand water as only grow a max of 4 plants 

ive had a google but can’t really seem to get much of an answer, I’m looking at the 15L pots with the 47L water storage, I get this need this to be 6” higher then the pots I’m pretty handy at DIY so will knock up a wooden support.

my question is how do you get the water from the tank to inside the tent as I won’t have enough space inside the tent for the tank aswell but don’t have anyway to run the pipes into the tent unless you need to cut a small 6mm hole in the bottom of the tent ? 

also I’m using Bio grow/ bio bloom/ big bud/over drive and cal/mag will this be ok to use in this system as have read depending what you use it can block the pipes up ?  

im using soil will I need to use clay pebbles in the bottom of the pots, trying to work out what I need to order to have everything good to go 

I just cut a hole in the tent to feed the pipe through nice and easy, also look at car wash blue Barrels they use for storing soaps, 250l tanks, I got one for my system, went away for 2.5 weeks no problem, barrel cost £20 good clean out first though.

Peace

1 person likes this

use one of the vent socks on your tent, problem solved.

hi i use my bottom vent hole all tent have them run pipe in there ,, i wouldnt use bioblizz in auto pot it block  pipes also nutes go off most of bio blizz is moslasses  if you didnt know , try dutch pro for soil and coco ,  i never had block pipe with that,, aslo i use hesi nowday , u can try shogun as well  or canna all work in autopot fine 

Thanks for the advice guys will order some different nutes aswell 

I'm about to switch to autopots, so far all I've ever used is biobizz soil stuff, should I switch to nutrients designed for hydro to reduce clogging?

Edited by smilertoo
spelling

I’ve been googling a lot everyone is saying not to use biobizz range as will clog the pipes as it’s only thin tubing 

I’m the same as you only used biobizz is soil 

all a learning curve, looking at ordering Dutch pro glow/bloom nutes

On 12/01/2020 at 4:34 PM, smilertoo said:

I'm about to switch to autopots, so far all I've ever used is biobizz soil stuff, should I switch to nutrients designed for hydro to reduce clogging?

as far as I know, if you use soil in the autopots then dont use any organic nutes as they end up cogging up the supply nozzles, so its better to get the thinner non organic chem nutes as its less likely to clog up.

if your growing in coco, get coco nutes.  another thing you have to consider if you dont know already, is that your water quality can place a big part too so find out if your water is either soft or hard.

1 hour ago, Jay1601 said:

I’ve been googling a lot everyone is saying not to use biobizz range as will clog the pipes as it’s only thin tubing 

I’m the same as you only used biobizz is soil 

all a learning curve, looking at ordering Dutch pro glow/bloom nutes

as I mentioned in the above post, change the nutes to the thinner soil chemical type.

I'm ok water wise, our water is very soft...no lime or chlorine or anything.

1 person likes this

Growers Ark soil nutes....soft water formula :yep:

Is it possible to feed the top of the soil very rarely (once or twice a month) but have autopots keep the water constant? Or is that likely to nute burn the top of the soil?

23 minutes ago, smilertoo said:

Is it possible to feed the top of the soil very rarely (once or twice a month) but have autopots keep the water constant? Or is that likely to nute burn the top of the soil?

soil holds much more water than coco so if you water from the top, aswell as using autopots, then you will simply end up with a wet tent floor, if you want to feed from the top, then turn off the autopot feed and let your soil dry out a bit, but then that defeats the reason for using autopots.

if i am growing a long flowerer,  at around 6 weeks, i turn off my feed the night before, (i grow in coco so it drys out quicker than soil) and will run some plain warm water through them in the morning just to give them a good flush out, my theory being that it will flush out any salt build up, then it a case of simply switching the feed back on.

Edited by brainwashedsheeple
sp

Hi J,

Which ever line you choose be sure to check for fluctuations in ph over the no. Of days you plan to be away. (I ran Ionic and got fair results few suprises)

I used an airstone and I swear it lead to more residue at bottom of tank. So I stopped.

If your total run will reach 10 weeks consider flushing the tubing during during flower. Just turn off your valve o/s tank disconnect and soak tubes in hot water. I used these syringes to flush lines. 

Syringe

altho small they can push debris through.

Happy hols