Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BarrySHitPeas

Anyone know much about Ozone Generators ?

20 posts in this topic

Anyone had any experience using an Ozone generator ? or Knows about ozone in general ?

(I should add I'm looking to use it for Sanitation and not for odor control.)

Specifically I'm looking for something to aid me in getting rid of a suspected mosaic virus from my grow room and equipment.

So something to clean the air and things i cant clean with bleach like extraction fans , carpets, reflectors.

It's one of those things where you cant really see if it's worked/working so thought I'd ask if any one has any experience with them OR generally has any advice.

I don't think too many folks bother with them . Years ago on the forum de-ionisers were in the odd grow room ,and light rails ,tin foil etc .

Mosaic virus won't leave the clone if you're growing the same clones . If you start new seed ,keep the room clean and free from thrips you shouldn't get mosaic virus . Thrips ,they're worse than common spider mite ,but there are worse mites again ! 

2 people like this

google High 5 Ace Sea Commercial Ozone Generator 7000mg

that's what I use for the purpose you want.

When I run it as I did today, I empty the grow space and seal all intake and out take vents. Set the machine on high power for 120mins and leave the room. Come back into the room when its done and turn the extractor on. You still need to bleach down the grow space before hand.

Edited by tokenroll
2 people like this

Ozone even at small concentrations can be bad for your health. Not sure it's worth it. 

Best advice I can give: 
- humans are the worst vectors of disease be it the clap or TMV. Trim your nails, wear a white jumpsuit, don't come directly into your grow from the garden... you can go to as short or long lengths as you want 

- air wise I think sterilising the air going through your intake with UV sterilising lights does most of the work

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

When I run it as I did today, I empty the grow space and seal all intake and out take vents. Set the machine on high power for 120mins and leave the room. Come back into the room when its done and turn the extractor on. You still need to bleach down the grow space before hand.

Do you know what concentration it reaches in PPM? 

1 person likes this

@Nervous no idea, but it does the job and know way you want to breath it in. You will cough your inner lungs up. Used correctly they are safe. 

Hospitals use it at safe levels off course with the hvac hence the smell in hospital wards and operating rooms.

Im using mine now to sterilize the bedroom and the flower cabinet as I have spider mites thinking they are moving in permanently lol. I will do the room 3 times and the cab 3 times over a 7 day period. Usually works.

Toke…

2 people like this

Just now, tokenroll said:

@Nervous no idea, but it does the job and know way you want to breath it in. You will cough your inner lungs up. Used correctly they are safe. 

Hospitals use it at safe levels off course with the hvac hence the smell in hospital wards and operating rooms.

Im using mine now to sterilize the bedroom and the flower cabinet as I have spider mites thinking they are moving in permanently lol. I will do the room 3 times and the cab 3 times over a 7 day period. Usually works.

Toke…

Oh aye, that's not too bad then. Was just thinking it begins to get harmful at around 0.05PPM which is relatively low... but if you're just blasting it when required rather than having on all the time that's not bad. 

@Nervous I have ran it in the veg space with plants in there, 5 mins every couple of hours on low power fans etc running as normal and all is fine no bad effects on the plants or anything else. But always have a window in the room open before staying in there. Better to be safe. Been there coughed the lung up etc not good.

30 minutes on full power with the space sealed up and the plants where dead before end of day.

2 people like this

Just now, tokenroll said:

@Nervous I have ran it in the veg space with plants in there, 5 mins every couple of hours on low power fans etc running as normal and all is fine no bad effects on the plants or anything else. But always have a window in the room open before staying in there. Better to be safe. Been there coughed the lung up etc not good.

30 minutes on full power with the space sealed up and the plants where dead before end of day.

Fuck. 

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

I don't think too many folks bother with them . Years ago on the forum de-ionisers were in the odd grow room ,and light rails ,tin foil etc .

Mosaic virus won't leave the clone if you're growing the same clones . If you start new seed ,keep the room clean and free from thrips you shouldn't get mosaic virus . Thrips ,they're worse than common spider mite ,but there are worse mites again ! 

Yeah i realize i can't kill the virus once in the plant, my want is more basic just to sanitize the room as much as i can.

I believe I'm pest free, OK I'm definitely pest free i've been hand checking my plants daily with digital microscope and havnt found anything.

18 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

i've actually been looking at all of them on online and it was either that one or the one that claims 10,000mg

just a bit worried it might be to much not enough , my room is 12ftx10ft

but you've definitely given me confidence  will probably order the same one way cheaper then replacing all my stuff.

22 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Ozone even at small concentrations can be bad for your health. Not sure it's worth it. 

Yeah dont worry I'm not planning on staying in there , even has on most of the devices on the front "only use in unoccupied space"

But yeah fair point these aren't to be treated as normal air purifiers.

1 person likes this

@BarrySHitPeas yes probably best to avoid using the tent like a ozone sauna after hearing about toke's plants lol 

1 person likes this

@BarrySHitPeas yeah the one I listed is all you need in that space.

2 people like this

Yeah anything thats going to kill a hardy virus like TMV and spider mites isn't going to be safe for us  or plants either but thankfully it breaks down relatively quickly.

"Note that 0.2% of ozone is a significant level; this is why ozone concentration is measured in Parts Per Million (PPM).  It only takes 3-4 PPM to kill off all germs, including MOLD, Bacteria, and Viruses."

For commercial mold or decontamination shock treatments .5-2 g/hr ozone should be used for every 100 sq/ft, depending on how fast the job needs to be done and how bad the problem is. With .5 g/hr / 100 sq/ft treatment should last for 1-2 days +, with 2 g/hr / 100 sq/ft it should only take about  6-12 hours.  NOTE that for UV ozone generators, only half the rated ozone above is usually necessary as these formulas consider only corona discharge ozone generators used in average humidity (which greatly reduces output of a corona discharge ozone generator).  UV ozone generators ozone output is not reduced by humidity.

5-2 g/hr ozone should be used for every 100 sq/ft, d

My room is 12ftx10ft so thats 120 sq/ft right ? so 5-7g/hr should do it right ?

i had read it can effect electrical wiring coating was a bit worried it might effect my lights but if you've had it in your tents at that level then looks like it should be fine.

@BarrySHitPeas it will be fine. Not killed my led strips yet lol. Anything organic will die. 

Toke...

2 people like this

@BarrySHitPeas I think it would be a very gradual effect (if any) on the coating of electrical wire. That shit is durable. 

1 person likes this