Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJJ

Quiet System

42 posts in this topic

All brilliant info guys.  Thanks for this.  Looks like I can do this cheaper than I was planning...:hippy:

3 people like this

Best of luck!!!

3 people like this

@JJJ asking questions and getting ideas from others is always the best way to go before empting your wallet. Hope you get it all sorted and let us know how it worked out.

Toke...

5 people like this

14 hours ago, Nervous said:

Best of luck!!!

any pics of your setup?

1 person likes this

@itsmeithink not yet my friend, still working out security issues! Ask away though. 

1 person likes this

On 11/01/2020 at 11:55 AM, Nervous said:

@itsmeithink not yet my friend, still working out security issues! Ask away though. 

why SIZE area are you using this in?

and what setting is it using at 1/2/3 etc once you have the heat and lights dialled in?

@itsmeithink 

When I'm growing it's between 3x3 ft and 4x4 ft. CMH and LED.

It has 10 settings, settings 1 & 2 where I usually keep it 90% of the time are virtually inaudible. My PC is sometimes louder when rendering. 

However, you can set timers, alarms, high and low thresholds for temp and humidity at which point the fan will gradually increase in speed then gradually decrease (rather than just switching on and off - more effective and efficient). I tend to use this when I go away because my temps are so stable the rest of the time. 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Nervous said:

@itsmeithink 

When I'm growing it's between 3x3 ft and 4x4 ft. CMH and LED.

It has 10 settings, settings 1 & 2 where I usually keep it 90% of the time are virtually inaudible. My PC is sometimes louder when rendering. 

However, you can set timers, alarms, high and low thresholds for temp and humidity at which point the fan will gradually increase in speed then gradually decrease (rather than just switching on and off - more effective and efficient). I tend to use this when I go away because my temps are so stable the rest of the time. 

i have an ecotechnics controller available but like the idea of the ac infinity and its quietness and need a new fan as the 8" rvk i had that was in an 18mm mdf box covered in rock wool still made a bit of a racket even with the ecotechnics controlling the environment.

i have a garage that i will separate into 3 rooms all with insulation in the walls, with the middle bit incorporating the tent behind a locked insulated door.

my new tent will be a 60x120x200 in the middle room by itself, the intake will come from one side of my internal separated garage which leads to the house ( warmish air) and vent out into the other side which will be colder, i intend on putting an air vent in the extract side so the cold and warm air will mix and disperse at a sensible non detectible temperature.

so i think the ac infinity may well fit my bill,

let me know your thoughts please 

@itsmeithink that's a very complex space in terms of heating/cooling because of the insulation, tent and warm air intake so I wouldnt like to give you too much specific advice because I've never done anything similar myself. 

Infinity AC will be able to advise better than me, also with it being a US company you can just say "this is my grow room specification, which fan do I need" and they will answer straight up as long as you're not emailing from a .co.uk address. Use a temp email maybe. 

Their customer service is great. Lemme know if you need any more help.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Nervous said:

@itsmeithink that's a very complex space in terms of heating/cooling because of the insulation, tent and warm air intake so I wouldnt like to give you too much specific advice because I've never done anything similar myself. 

Infinity AC will be able to advise better than me, also with it being a US company you can just say "this is my grow room specification, which fan do I need" and they will answer straight up as long as you're not emailing from a .co.uk address. Use a temp email maybe. 

Their customer service is great. Lemme know if you need any more help.

probably me over speccing the rooms, :yep:

its an internal garage that i will split into 3 rooms , middle one being where tent will sit in between stud walls that will be insulated,

The first room is nearest the house hallway, and 3rd room will be nearest garage door so my thoughts were use the room nearest hallway as intake as its going to be warmer air, and then extract into the 3rd room which is unheated and use this as a way to mix warm air with cold and  naturally let it vent out of a new vent i will install, so no forced extraction  

@itsmeithink sounds interesting mate, I'd be keen to see how it all goes! 

Edited by Nervous
1 person likes this

what sort of room are u set up in?