Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Iz123

Extractor fan

19 posts in this topic

Plus, they're evil gits here.  Prey on easy arrests and convictions.  And let the organised gangs run riot.   There's a big drug problem here,  and as always, cannabis gets mentioned in with class As.   In the mainland, you'd get a caution, or informal one, if caught with a few grams.   Here, no matter the amount, you're done and in front of a magistrate.   As I said, they're after arrest and convictions and care about little else, like dealing with the real scumbags.   At the end of the day, all forces strive for good statistics.   That's what it''s all about.   Wankers.

1 person likes this

@pepe16 It's funny because I'm currently drawing up plans for a shed set up myself.  And I'm aware that a plume of warm air coming out of a structure in your garden might look a bit dodgy.  Now I'm not exactly sure what material to use {perhaps someone else has a suggestion) but it's probably possible to thermally insulate the top/edges of the grow space.  As for the exhaust, I was thinking of extracting straight down into the ground and then run a good length of rigid pipe underground before finally exhausting a bit further away.  In my thinking, the air should have significantly cooled by the time it escapes at the end of the duct.  By keeping the light wattage reasonable, i.e. 600W or under (so plant numbers small) this should be perfectly achievable.  Well that's my 2p anyway.

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

And I'm aware that a plume of warm air coming out of a structure in your garden might look a bit dodgy.

So many people are using sheds and outbuildings for hobbies, home offices, man-caves etc etc the odds of yours being noticed are pretty remote.

I've been growing in the shed for years with no problems, neighbours passing within feet never had a clue, I wouldn't worry about it.

Best place to vent in and out is under the shed itself if there's room to do so. A pipe underground will fill with condensation and cut down the extraction.

:oldtoker:

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, stu914 said:

A pipe underground will fill with condensation and cut down the extraction.

Thanks @stu914.  I suppose it's best to have the shed raised then so you can exhaust straight into the floor so the air is dispersed throughout the air gap underneath the shed.  And a much easier thing to build. Nice one...:)

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this