Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Deeznugs

Humidifier/Dehumidifier guide

32 posts in this topic

Can you run a humidifier and dehumidifier at the same time?

If not how would I take care of humidity @ lights off?

What size for 3m x 3m x 2m space?

Thank you all in adcance

Why would you want to run a humidifier and a dehumidifier at the same time ?

You don't need either unless there's an extreme problem with humidity.

4 people like this

Cant say too much on these tbh, I don't really use them. But Booj has hit the nail on the head really, why use them anyway?

If your having troubles with humidity maybe have a look into EC fans and environment controllers. You can get them with probes that measure humidity now as well as temps. They adjust your intake / exhaust fans to deal with excess. G.A.S has a newish one that I have my eye on, it has a spare port, you can plug in a fan, or even a dehumidifier I believe, and the controller will switch that on until the humidity / temps are within the levels you program into it. 

Thought it might be worth at least a look before you spend loads of cash on Dehumidifiers etc.

If you use both a humidifier and a dehumidifier then they are just acting against each other - you'll end up spending a fortune just to find the exact humidity balance between the two lol the balance between the humidifier and the dehumidifier - the zone of null humidity or summat lol

2 people like this

@Boojum

If he gets them out of balance does it rain? :unsure: 

lol

5 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

@Boojum

If he gets them out of balance does it rain? :unsure: 

lol

I dunno, but where do you stop ?

The humidity is too high so add a dehumidifier, but then the dehumidifier makes the humidity too low so add a humidifier, etc, etc, etc :headpain: If you keep adding humidifiers and dehumidifiers that way lies madness lol

1 person likes this

I guess a better question would be how could I effectively control my humidity.

I'm trying to achieve temps of 27°C-30°C, according to VPD chart it would require RH of 75%-85% approx.

Run it at that humidity and it will fuck your carbon filter up pretty quickly

Unless you are in a sealed room with added co2 why do want to run at 30degrees when 25-26 is ideal?

Owd

2 people like this

if you are trying to control your humidity, put the dehumidifier on a timer during lights off, to bring it down.

if your temps are 27-30, you need a bigger extraction fan, should be about 26, and why you would want 75-80% RH is beyond me.

Even in veg I only look for about 60%, like said high humidity will kill your filter.

if your temps are around 30 and your humidity is 80%, you got problems

2 people like this

A good extraction system will do fine.  As already mentioned, an environmental controller with temperature and humidity sensors will automatically adjust your outtake and intake fans according to your desired levels.  Some controllers will even allow you to set different conditions for the dark period.  You're talking upwards of £200 but worth it...:yep: 

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

I agree with all of you however, it's known that high majority of plants grow better at higher temps and humidity quick google search should confirm this plus a look at a VPD chart

My plans are no carbon filter till I've eroded my RH slowly from high 70s to mid 60s

1 person likes this

Seems to me like you're overcomplicating things man.

You need a carbon filter from pretty early on in veg, your plants will still stink.

1 person likes this

In veg?? Are you on about the vegetative smell because that wouldn't be a problem for me it's the notoriously indiscreet flower odour that I want to pull through my scrubber...tried before with no humidifier or dehumidifier and RH was all over the place. Exhaust+intake not enough because cold nights would slow down fans thus letting humidity run loose 

1 hour ago, Deeznugs said:

it's known that high majority of plants grow better at higher temps

Keeping the roots at optimum temperature is the most important bit.  Minor temperature swings in the grow space shouldn't affect things too much if you're keeping the root temps regulated.  A little heat mat with thermostat will keep em happy.