Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirk-Diggler

Revolution Vector EC fan

26 posts in this topic

I am looking to upgrade to an EC fan(s) and I had a look at the Revolution Vector which seems to be what I need. I have a 1.2x1.2x2.4m tent.

In some of the pics it does look very long, then there are some pics where it does not, the pic where it is longer look like there are attachments added. Just a bit worried that with an inline filter as well it will not fit in the tent.

Anyone got one of these?

Thanks!

Don't need it in the tent mate 

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

1.2x1.2x2.4m tent.

Just to clarify, is you grow area 1.2m x 1.2m and 2.4m tall?   So your width is 1.2 x 1.2?

Also, are you going with the plain Vector (the black one), or the silenced cased one?

Edited by GreenVision

I've got the 8" silenced version as outtake with a CarboAir 60 (long) and it takes up the majority of the back wall which is 2.4m wide. 

Looking at my 6", you might just get away with that and a shorter CF.

As @Asterion suggested, probably better to have the fan outside the tent. If you're going for the silenced one you won't need to worry about noise - especially as you have the G.A.S. Enviro Control. 

3 people like this

Go on global air supplies website. Get dimensions. 

If not on website which I'm sure they are, call them in the new year. They offer great customer Service. 

Basically obtain dimensions then you'll know. 

Edited by Alan Johnson

31 minutes ago, Barry Quest said:

Looking at my 6", you might just get away with that and a shorter CF.

What's the total length of the 5" silenced revolutiion + 660 filter to match bud? I'm torn between the 8 and 6, it all depends on space.

cheeers

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, stu914 said:

What's the total length of the 5" silenced revolutiion + 660 filter to match bud? I'm torn between the 8 and 6

Ahh, l'm in work now bud. Can measure up this evening if you still need the dimensions. Did you mean the 6" + filter? 

What space is the fan for? The 8" is nicely overpowered for my 1.2 x 2.4 x 2.2 tent so running around 35% max to keep RH in check.   

1 person likes this

That would be great if you could flick the tape over them, I'd like to get both directly connected then straight out, virtually no ducting....

The roof has a slant and at it's highest point in the corner someone before me has put a vent through the wall,

very handy as this gives me room above the lights to run the fan and filter along the side.

From the vent to the front wall I should have about six feet, I've still to insulate and finish the build but that's the estimate of what I will have to play with.

Cheers bud, I've been hunting around for the specs for a while...:yep:

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

these fans sound like the dog's bollox :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I can just about get away with the 6" and the carbonair 660, comes to just over a meter both together apparently.

I know it is not needed but I prefer both the fan and filter to be inside the tent, for aesthetic reasons if nothing else :)

In terms of air movement it is probably overkill for my tent but I cant find a smaller EC fan.

Thanks again

2 people like this

@stu914 Dirk may have already given you what you need, but I measure the body of the 6" Silenced to be 55.5cm long (without flanges). Each flange protrudes 7cm from the body. Hope that helps. There's no way for me to get to the 8" until the plants are next out of the tent. 

@Dirk_Diggler147 Always better to be overpowered, especially in terms of noise.

Since you mention smaller EC fans, the only one I've found is a 4" EC from Hydrolab (unsilenced) for my veg tent. It comes with a basic controller (no temp sensing) for £80. I emailed the guys at Hydrolab to find out what control-voltage range it used but they said they didn't know and have been unable to get it to work with any other controller. 

2 people like this

@Barry Quest

Cheers mate, just what I need, I would guess the 8" won't be too much longer, if at all...plenty of space by the looks of it.

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

@stu914Looking at the GAS website it seems like it is smaller: 245mm

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

Looking at the GAS website it seems like it is smaller: 245mm

What are you referring to exactly? 

And fair play if you've found any dimensions at all on that website...

1 person likes this