Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vamp

Rhino filters.... anyone else having problems?

37 posts in this topic

Hey all. 

I recently started stuff up again so went for a usually bulletproof choice of filter, a Rhino pro. 
the first one I received was spewing charcoal all over the place so obviously returned it for a replacement and then proceeded with the new one. 

6 weeks in there was the odd twinge outside of the obvious aroma and by week 9, the smell had increased.... has anyone had any aggro with Rhino filters recently? As they used to be my go to brand. 

Anyway, I’m inclined not to go with them anymore so what would you guys suggest? I used mountain air when I first started and they seemed indestructible and amazing quality, should I give them another try?

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Vamp x

I have same issue with 8”/600 rhino filter-2 months old. 
I tried dropping RH as low as possible but nothing has changed 

1 person likes this

try carboair as theyre a good bit cheaper than mountain air

4 people like this

1 hour ago, doominik said:

I have same issue with 8”/600 rhino filter-2 months old. 
I tried dropping RH as low as possible but nothing has changed 

yes, funnily enough mine is also the 8 inch. 

Did you change it in the end?

Edited by vamp

1 hour ago, Joint hogger said:

try carboair as theyre a good bit cheaper than mountain air

thanks for the reply. 

1 person likes this

Public service announcement lol @Joolz can we pin this save anyone else running the risk of extinction via Rhino!

Just got a budget rhino, seems ok so far after 1 months use

When a company gets blown out of the water by a far superior product they usually take one of three options.

Sell up all your locations and produce to the superior company and or merge, Shut up shop, or finally drop the quality of your product to match the new projected income taking into account the loss your going to now take due to lack of sales. 

I'd say Rhino are likely going to , if they're not already, going with option 3. Grab as much cash out of the business as they can before they go into liquidation etc. 

Its a harsh reality but the fact is Carbo and Mountain Air are just better, and when it comes to protecting your grow from smell leaks, who ya' gonna' call....

7 people like this

27 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

who ya' gonna' call....

Ghostbusters?

Taxi !!

:rofl::rofl:

2 people like this

avoid rhino, they're crap nowadays compared to the old days

Just to add I also had an issue with rhino leaking smells.

Someone on here recommended a Scorpion, which is what I use now, seem pretty sound to me. 

2 people like this

10 hours ago, vamp said:

yes, funnily enough mine is also the 8 inch. 

Did you change it in the end?

I have brought an older 8” rhino pro from my mate-used for no more then 3 grows and it does the job. 
looks like they haven’t cope with the demand and started selling crap

I used rhino for years until recently when all the leakage stories started to surface, moved over to scorpion and touch wood it seems to be doing the trick, third week in flower and no whiffs...

Upgrading to systemair revolution vector ec fan for the new groom and the Carboair filer is matched to it, pricey but worth it imo, I'll be keeping a cheaper scorpion in reserve just in case.

Can't see Rhino lasting much longer as word gets round about their reliablilty.

2 people like this

Hi everyone and thanks for the responses. 

seems as if Rhino are experiencing a mass exodus due to recent quality, it’s a shame as they were brilliant once.

its a real bastard though especially from a financial perspective as I paid the best part of 200 squidlies for it from a reputable hydro shop on FleeBay only 3 months ago. 

Do any of you guys have any experience with a similar matter? Do you think I could get a refund or an upgrade to a reliable filter if I vaguely explained my problem to them? Or should I contact Rhino directly?

this is such a pain in the ass. 

Vamp x

Edited by vamp