Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
triffed

Spider mites, one week till harvest

Just found out that Iv got the little fuckers , just about 1 week till the chop, What to do?:smokin:

how bad? i wouldn't worry if it's not too bad, just ride it out and watch for webs

1 person likes this

Thanks @ ratdog Not to bad as I look everyday with a loop. Happy Xmas

4 minutes ago, triffed said:

Thanks @ ratdog Not to bad as I look everyday with a loop. Happy Xmas

if it's not visible to the eye then i would say leave it mate, just give the room a good wipe down after

3 people like this

when you harvest the plants, remove the fan leaves, get rid of them and hang the plants upside down on lines.

leave an extra bit of a stem at the top.

the spidermites will realise their food source is dying and drying, and will move to the top, which is now the bottom of the stems as they are upside down.

they are trying to catch the breeze and go to new places to live and feed, that is their natural instinct.

then when you see them at the tops, hold a bag under the end of the stems, and hold the plants sideways, then cut off the ends with the mites with pruning shears into the bags.

this will get rid of most of them at the end

Edited by joint-tastic

@triffed Have you looked into bug bombs? 

I cant give you a personal exp as I have never used them, but I'm 99% sure there is quite a few products been released in the last few years, I know a few work really well but can be a bit dangerous to use, I think it depends on how much you want to spend and how willing you are to get the job done.

But besides that, chop as early as possible, keep hovering, wiping, defoliating as much as possible. When you do harvest cut as much leaf etc off as you can and bin it as you go. When you hang your buds try to get the temps around 15C, apparently the adults jump ship as the buds dry, from what I've read the colder you go the more likely they are to leave the buds, although obviously the colder you go the riskier it is with rot.

Have a little look into the foggers, I'm almost certain there are ones that can kill spider mites on contact and are safe to use in flower.

2 people like this

Flying Skull Nuke Em

Its active ingredients Yeast and citric acid safe to use in flower and even on harvested buds.

Its effective against a whole range of pests, Spider mites included. not cheap thou its like £45 and with a week to go maybe its just best to ride it out but if you want to take some sort of action its an option.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, triffed said:

Just found out that Iv got the little fuckers , just about 1 week till the chop, What to do?:smokin:

a tad late now my advice is dry the dope at harvest + smoke it through a bong  :bong:   that way at least ewe know ya toasted the fukas,a little blood and bone will add to the flavour.....chong the stuff and scrape yuh chest out twice daily. lol    happy chrimbo :beer:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
keyboards full of ash
1 person likes this

Shouldnt be a problem last week to drop the temps.

bests with the outcome

Jee

1 person likes this