Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jammo85

Extractor off for 12hrs will plants run out of Co2

18 posts in this topic

My grow room is a room contained inside my concrete shed 

The room is 2m x 2m and 6ft tall 
there is 9 plants in there around 17inch tall. 
started 12/12 yesterday

the air flow in is 4inch passive 

the extractor is 6inch 

could I turn the extractor off for 12 hours to heat with heating costs or would that be detrimental to the plants health? 

is there should device/plug where it would automatically put my extractor on Full power for 12hours of lights on and then switch it to low power for 12 off so I’m not sucking up al the heat but exchanging the air often enough? 

or would they be ok with the extractor for that amount of time? 

it sounds like u would be better off with a controller to turn the fans down when the lights are off

1 minute ago, joint-tastic said:

it sounds like u would be better off with a controller to turn the fans down when the lights are off

Could that be done automatically as im in work when lights off

Just now, Jammo85 said:

yeah u can get an smscom twin fan controller

4 minutes ago, Jammo85 said:

i use a sms com hybrid and they are the bollocks, keeps things toastie especially with a heat mat in place

1 person likes this

Thank you 

until I get that are the plants suffering when that’s set to be off for 12 hours?

1 minute ago, Jammo85 said:

Thank you 

until I get that are the plants suffering when that’s set to be off for 12 hours?

u would be better off turning up the heating until you can get to the shop to get an smscom twin controller, or wait for a delivery, because it is not good to turn the fans off when the lights are off

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

i use a sms com hybrid and they are the bollocks, keeps things toastie especially with a heat mat in place

Just a quick google and I’ve come up with a few.... 

how quick should I get this as of right now that extractor is off for another 8 hours....will they run out of co2 in this time

Just now, Jammo85 said:

will they run out of co2 in this time

they wont run out mate, temps especially root temps are the issue here imo

2 people like this

Just now, Jammo85 said:

Just a quick google and I’ve come up with a few.... 

how quick should I get this as of right now that extractor is off for another 8 hours....will they run out of co2 in this time

you should turn the fans back on and crank up the heating,lol

they won't run out of co2, but it could cause mold to start growing and is not healthy for the plants

the controller that u need is called smscom twin fan controller mk2 and costs about 90 quid

2 minutes ago, Jammo85 said:

....will they run out of co2 in this time

They will never run out of CO2  , they make their own too .  Unless you have a hermetically sealed room and airlock with CO2 scrubber (you dont ...unless you have the disposable income of an international drug baron )  they will always have sufficient to photosynthesise.  

3 people like this

if you have the cash i would buy the 4 amp hybrid, it has an extra feature for humidity in late flower and costs £250 or there about's, no hum whatsoever and stealthy as fuck. i have two and i wish i had them years ago

1 person likes this

Brilliant thanks lads.....

a got a bit of cash coming from Xmas bonus....I was going to replace the shed roof and insulate it better 

this morning you could see lines On the flat shed roof where there was less insulation and it was melting in an unnatural way....

(not so much of a bonus but here’s half a weeks wage thanks for all the free overtime you do) 

Plants only need co2 for photosynthesis during lights on. At night they need oxygen (which there will be plenty of) and will give off co2. 

You still need enough airflow to control humidity though. I usually have my fan pulling more air through at night to prevent mold.

1 person likes this

Yeah I just noticed the walls are soaking in there now as moisture is through roof. 

I’ll get onto the plug ASAP