Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigGriffWok

Again, sick plant after transplant. never easy is it, help needed!

41 posts in this topic

large_DEF.jpglarge.5e01e85f67973_DEF3.jpglarge.5e01e85cb23aa_DEF2.jpg

Hello again fellow growers of the herbal world. Again i have a problem i require some advice, first time grower. Plant was growing perfectly well before i transplanted it. Nute mix as follows.      3ml A 3ml B CANNA, 0.4EC of cal mag (my tap water is 0.0 ec) 10ml rhizo all to 5 liters of water PH'd to 5.8 in this early stage, plant is 25 days old. Tight nodes, on its 5th. I have transplanted it into its final pot as the root system was growing so fast in the second transplant pot that it outgrew that pot in 6 days!! almost root bound so i had to get it out of there, amazing root ball for the size of the plant, all the roots where white, hairy and looked very very healthy indeed. I am growing in coco coir mixed with 30% perlite 10% vermiticlite. This is my own mix and so far its been fantastic, impossible to over water! This photo was taken 24 hours after the transplant, i notice one leaf 12 hours after and the next morning, 3 out of 4 leaves on the second node, these brown marks are ALL on the lower leaves right now, its a very early sign of "something" not sure what though, my first initial thought was CAL deficiency. I buffed the coco with my nute mix before i transplanted so it wasnt going into totally into a mix with no buffed nutes to feed on. And i did not change the nute mix, as its still very early to change it. total EC of all nutes is 0.7 and in the other pot it was LOVING the nute mix! Was growing very fast!

So fellow growers, any help would be greatly appreciated! Like i said, this is 24 hours after transplant, would rather catch and fix it early before it spreads to new growth. Thanks!   PS.. I need a role model to help me through the process of growing lol. Any takers? lollollol

The people who take time to help others, those are the people that make this world a nice place to be in. Appreciation is not always shown for these individuals, but to all you wonderful people that help others. We appreciate it, and i certainly do.

See the water droplets on the leaves? They magnify the light and cause burning, could be this causing it...if not the dirt growers will be along soon to put you right.

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

No mate i did that literally 15 mins ago, gave it a little foliar feed as it looks like some sort of mobile nute deficiency but im not too sure, need the advice, and burning it under a 300watt 6500k grow light is almost impossible lol its a good 7 inches away from the plant i raised it to accomodate for the new hight of the pot.

1 person likes this

Ok so after some more research, i may have a solution? But need some expert advice, when i transplated and fed, the water was straight from the tap and very cold, im thinking maybe the cold water shocked the roots and it can cause a nute lockout apparently? If this is true then i hope someone can come along and help!

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, BigGriffWok said:

Ok so after some more research, i may have a solution? But need some expert advice, when i transplated and fed, the water was straight from the tap and very cold, im thinking maybe the cold water shocked the roots and it can cause a nute lockout apparently? If this is true then i hope someone can come along and help!

What is the temperature at bottom of space lights off? Or any idea how cold or warm your roots are only asking as its not mentioned.:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

i have a temp monitor right at that spot and the lights are currently off and its 21c.

im thinking maybe cold roots from the really cold water i used when i transplanted it causing a lockout

2 hours ago, BigGriffWok said:

Like i said, this is 24 hours after transplant, would rather catch and fix it early before it spreads to new growth. Thanks! 

Might I proffer this - Transplant shock. :shock: Roots shocked = nutrient lock out.

I potted up a few days ago, plants sat sulking for a day or so, now they're spurting ahead.

Mine all have knackered lower leafs but the new growth is healthy. Hope yours recover. :v:

1 person likes this

The roots won't like the cold water, try and get it to 19-20deg before any watering.

Are you giving them 3ml of A+B per litre, or is that for 5 litres? 

Edit - just noticed you've got a total EC of 0.7 (0.4 of which is calmag). So assume that's 3ml of A+B per 5litres. 

This sounds way too low personally, I'm using around 2.5-3ml per litre at this stage

Edited by seb88
1 person likes this

i think its a combination of all the above ..but its christmas eve and fucked the day off by waking at 11 and hitting the plushberry ..

its definately cold tap water btw ..brrr ..before you do anything more ..warm the root zone up ..and let it settle in nice and warm before doing any more watering or feeding otherwise youll be in a see of yellow dropping leaves withing two weeks .

3 people like this

25 minutes ago, seb88 said:

The roots won't like the cold water, try and get it to 19-20deg before any watering.

Are you giving them 3ml of A+B per litre, or is that for 5 litres? 

Edit - just noticed you've got a total EC of 0.7 (0.4 of which is calmag). So assume that's 3ml of A+B per 5litres. 

This sounds way too low personally, I'm using around 2.5-3ml per litre at this stage

Yeah i understand what your saying mate, but when i had a higher dose it got a bad nute burn, so O.3EC cal mag, 0.4-0.5EC of a-b and they seem happy, no problems with the new growth. Once the roots settle out ill give it a higher dose of nutes and see how it reacts.

1 person likes this

large.growth.jpg

For 25 days does this plant look alright? This was before transplant yesterday.

I can't see any sign of nute burn there.

I still think it looks underfed and that is probably what is causing your deficiencies, not a lack of calmag imo.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, seb88 said:

I can't see any sign of nute burn there.

I still think it looks underfed and that is probably what is causing your deficiencies, not a lack of calmag imo.

the lower leaves had nute burn mate, the new growth is fine cos it had a lower nute mix. WHat makes you think it looks underfed?

Next time mate drop all additives and just go straight coco

At the stage your plants look you want to be feeding at 2ml/ltr of coco A+B and a bit of root stim at around 20 degrees. Not straight from the tap

Owd

2 people like this