Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigGriffWok

nutrients
First time grower. Plants look sick, really need help!

28 posts in this topic

Im having some problems and im not too sure whats going on, first time grower, taken extra care with the nutrients. I use coco A & B , rhizotonic.  I had my mix at 6ml a and 6ml b per 5 litres of water, Ph'd to 6.2 but i noticed these spots on my plants, so i thought it was a cal mag defiency, as my tap water has an EC of 0.0! So i added the recommened dose of 1ml per litre of cal mag vitalink to get the cal mag up a bit. Also added an extra 1m a and b to a fresh mix of nutes as the new growth was very light green. And a day after i fed the plant this new mix, the new growth got much greener but now im seeing some of the leaves curling under and looking glossy? Using coco coir, 40% perlite and rest coco coir for good drainage. Its also just had its first transplant to a bigger pot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For some reason i cant add photos... shows in the edit box but doenst post.

Edited by BigGriffWok
1 person likes this

Hiya mate type in Google nitrogen toxicity see if that is what your looking at. It would be my first guess and it's an easy fix.

1 person likes this

Yeah ive looked mate, been looking for a long time, it looks like a calcium difficiency though. How do you upload photos on here? Dumb question i know.

I use android phone. Need an app to resize the photos they have to below 800kb I think, i use photo and picture resizer app to do that. Then in your profile top right create an album. Upload any pics you like there and then you can post them in threads with the insert other media button.

1 person likes this

large.5df46f49035b3_plant2.jpglarge.plant.jpg

Thanks mate your a star, nice to have decent people around to help the noobies ahha. Heres the pics mate, am i being paranoid or does this look bad? Any info on what kind of mix i should use for this stage? How much exactly? Bare in mind my tap water has a reading of 0.0 ec!!

3 people like this

Can't help with feeds mate I'm a hydro grower. Your plants fine though nothing to worry about I can see what's concerning you , I wouldn't be bothered by that though myself. 

1 person likes this

Yeah I get you mate. I’m just more concerned if it gets any worse. I was thinking of monitoring it for a few days and see how it reacts with the new Nute mix and take it from there. Hoping someone comes along and helps with the coco feed mix! 

1 person likes this

Coco grow walkthrough this guy is a legend. Kind of skips vegative stage in this and has no deficiencies lol but he explains feeding in detail.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, BigGriffWok said:

cal mag defiency, as my tap water has an EC of 0.0! So i added the recommened dose of 1ml per litre of cal mag vitalink to get the cal mag up a bit.

Looks like early calcium def. 1ml per litre won't be enough with a background of 0.0 I'm pretty sure (not coco grower). Hopefully a coco expert will pop in to confirm. 

:bong:

Obie 

1 person likes this

I use RO system and my ec is never as low as that. If you think its a cal/mg issue just add 2ml per litre.

1 person likes this

Actually my ec is 0.0 but even very soft water would be higher than this.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the help guys. So yeah I also used a PPM meter and it came it 66ppm my tap water. I have calibration fluid for my EC metre and I calibrated it on both ends of the scale. 4 and 7. And it still came to 0.0. As for the cal mag additive what would you recommend properly? It’s the vitalink cal mag supplement and it recommends 5ml per litre on the bottle, I surely would have thought that would be enough? As the colour of the cal mag is a super dark colour, looks concentrated. What would a good base EC of cal mag water before I added my nutes? 

Edited by BigGriffWok

Your tap water is about the same as mine (69ppm) I don't use calmag but deficicincies do show occasionally. I would raise the ppm of the water to about 200ppm with calmag and then add nutes. 

What mix of A B should i use for this stage of plant though? difficult to guess. And what would 200ppm be in ec? as i borrowed a mates ppm reader to see what it was.