Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

yoza 114

spider mites

18 posts in this topic

can I use a smoke bomb 3 weeks into flower

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I hate them little fuckers!  

Share this post


Link to post

get some of those bugs that take care of them mate 

Phytoseiulus persimilis

wouldn't that stuff make your bud taste shit? I'm not sure if its the best option but that's what id go for something natural and organic.

Oh I guess if its too servere you will have to use neem oil the bugs wouldn't be able to do much unless its a low population

when I had spider mites years ago I sprayed them with something then had to wait 3 days for eggs to hatch and spray again, it really fucked the plants up but took out all the mites plants never recovered from the spray but still managed to get a yield off it,

that's why I wouldn't recommend it but these days there probably are sprays that kill mites and dont effect plants as much no idea what the spray was I used.

Edited by UKsFinest

Share this post


Link to post

been using an organic spray just seems to be keeping them under control. got another 6 weeks left :wallbash:

Share this post


Link to post

No you can't a smokebomb will not only fuck the buds but it will kill the plant.

Fumers are for inbetween crops.

 

As has been said. Phytoseiulus persimilis are the way to go at this stage

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

No you absolutely cannot use a bug bomb when the buds have formed.

 

The only time you can use them is in veg and the first week or so of flower.

 

And FYI: bug bombs won't kill plants at all, the plants would be fine, as I've done it myself in late veg stage years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cannathc said:

No you absolutely cannot use a bug bomb when the buds have formed.

 

The only time you can use them is in veg and the first week or so of flower.

 

And FYI: bug bombs won't kill plants at all, the plants would be fine, as I've done it myself in late veg stage years ago.

 

Seriously @cannathc you are spouting information that isn't accurate on multiple threads. People read this and follow it. I wouldn't be using a bug bomb at any stage during a grow. Your plant may well live through the process but that doesn't mean it is the correct thing to do. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

 

Seriously @cannathc you are spouting information that isn't accurate on multiple threads. People read this and follow it. I wouldn't be using a bug bomb at any stage during a grow. Your plant may well live through the process but that doesn't mean it is the correct thing to do. 

 

Nothing I have said is "inaccurate" - I challenge you to prove anything I have said is "inaccurate", as you put it!

 

And bug bombs can be used in veg, just like Abamectin, a licensed chemical commonly called Vertimec in Europe and Avid in north America, can also be used in veg.

 

That is one of the strongest solutions against spidermite, and does work, but is highly dangerous to use without a full gas mask and exposed skin covered, ideally with an NBC suit.

 

The key to using chemicals on mites and other pests, is to ONLY do it in veg or the first week or so of flower during the stretch, and NEVER do it in flower, unless you want poisoned buds that are toxic to smoke.

 

This information is based on the "half life" of such chemicals, which is less than the flowering period, so even using systemic chemicals like Abamectin, they only have a half life of 2 months, so will be out of the final product by the time it is harvested.

 

And pyrethroid and pyrethrin which are the main ingredients in bug bombs/foggers has a half life of less than a week ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Who loves destroying your crop at the worst of times? 

Not me, that's for sure. 

...but a spider mite! 

Sorry things were getting a little bit tense... 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I've got some spider mites at present too, I've a mate who's big into this alkaline dieting and has a kangen water machine so gonna try using the 3.5 and misting the underside of leaves with it, see how how that goes

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, hilbilly hifi said:

I've got some spider mites at present too, I've a mate who's big into this alkaline dieting and has a kangen water machine so gonna try using the 3.5 and misting the underside of leaves with it, see how how that goes

 

What does "use the 3.5" mean?

 

Are you trying to say that spraying alkaline water on leaves will kill or inhibit spidermite?

Share this post


Link to post

 

3 hours ago, cannathc said:

 

 

 

Are you trying to say that spraying alkaline water on leaves will kill or inhibit spidermite?

I'm not necessarily saying for definite that it will, as I've never used it or spoken with anyone who's used it as a pesticide but have seen a couple of youtube videos from the states where organic growers have done so with positive results. The range is ph 3.5 to 10.5 I'm pretty sure. Anyway good luck getting rid of the buggers OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, hilbilly hifi said:

 

I'm not necessarily saying for definite that it will, as I've never used it or spoken with anyone who's used it as a pesticide but have seen a couple of youtube videos from the states where organic growers have done so with positive results. The range is ph 3.5 to 10.5 I'm pretty sure. Anyway good luck getting rid of the buggers OP. 

 

pH 3.5 is very acidic, not alkaline, if that's what you meant, and alkaline water is not going to eliminate mites unfortunately.

 

Spidermites are extremely hardy and resistant - the only real solution is to use a powerful, controlled licensed chemical, and even they don't work too well anymore, requiring multiple, multiple applications, because irresponsible and ignorant growers have been using them incorrectly and not spraying every leaf top and bottom for years now.

 

Therefore mites have developed resistance, and it's even harder to control them.

 

To avoid getting mites in the first place, never accept clones from anyone, have a grow environment designed against mites (lots of circulating air, not too hot, etc), and don't go into a grow house with clothes or shoes on that have been outside in nature or a garden, as that's how mites hitch a ride! ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Cheers for the advise, I understand that ph 3.5 is acidic don't believe I claimed otherwise, I don't fancy using chemicals to be honest so multiple applications of something real nasty isn't going to be the path for me. Definitely could do a bit more on the preventative side of things in future. Thanks for the tips mate.

Edited by hilbilly hifi

Share this post


Link to post

Edit: range on the machine is ph 2.5 to 11.5, I'd probably fit into the irresponsible and ignorant category if I was using pesticides so I think an alternative is worth a shot.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now