Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goatz

How can Cannabis to affect the mental health?

Why the scientists think cannabis will harm us?

I have researched of myself to looking at to it. But, unfortunately there can be impacts of your mental health. AT LEAST if you keep the limits of THC to be balanced of medication. Normally, some people would using it all the time like 24/7. But, this is why THC got to be limited by your immune and nerves system to handle with this strength. 

Will this impact my mental health?

According the reports number of people using it that they have a mental health. So, they might have using the different drugs of cocaine or crack either heroin.. which it’s highly addictive compare than cannbis. So, cannabis was grown as a plant. Not anything poisonous stuff. 

(This is my theory, so. Don’t putting in horrible way to me. I’m just trying my best to legalise this law of United Kingdom)

1 person likes this

You'll get nowt but bias on this on here...and, unfortunately, most places. Actually....

@Cursed Could you do the 'science bit' mebbe? Got any facts?...no pressure! :D

One of the biggest precursors to mental health problems, it appears, and it's an area I've been taken an interest in recently, is early life trauma (ACE's, they call them in a pivotal study) But saying that, not one of us is immune to episodes where we feel crap in the head, but there's complexity there.... I'd find it hard to give you a hard yes or no that weed will do it.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

My own experience of cannabis many years ago was thoroughly negative affair. Still to this day I'm unsure of why people enjoy the sedentary effect, not being able to accomplish even the most elementary of tasks. But more alarmingly was the acute paranoia it induced which is why I discontinued. But it seems I'm in the minority, my wife who which I grow for finds it very therapeutic and has enhanced her general mental state no end. I've put this down to drug of choice really, suits some but not everyone. So whilst it did nothing for my mental state it has radically improved my significant other well being. Possibly due to the strain, likely as it was dealer weed high THC and almost no discernible CBD, wonder if a more balanced ratio strain would have provided a better experience for me. Tricky one but having seen the positives it can bring it's hard to justify why such a thing would be illegal. And the small matter of personal choice, if this is the will of so many people why label them criminals. I've read too many examples of significant benefits in patients who have exhausted conventional medication to suggest its legalisation cannot come soon enough.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Poisonata said:

high THC and almost no discernible CBD,

yeah, this is a problem..anecdotally. I caned a harvest of a strain that was like this and... yeah, I got a bit weirder for a while. *shrug*.

3 people like this

55 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

Could you do the 'science bit' mebbe? Got any facts?...no pressure!

short answer is cannabis is a predictor of future mental health problems in epidemiological studies. But one study showed this was bidirectional, i.e. mental health was also a predictor for cannabis use. 

this seems to be in susceptible people so the current thinking is that concentration of cannabinoid receptors in the striatum, the area of the brain with dopamine neuronal, maybe a predictor for both. A high concentration of these receptors might make people “vulnerable” to mental health problems and cannabis use.

the numbers are roughly 1.5% of population have schizophrenia or psychosis like symptoms. This rises to 4.5% with cannabis use in adolescence (f the studies are to be believed). The strength arguments are all non sense because they rely on self reporting not lab testing. CBD seems to counter act the wonky feelings some high thc strains can cause, i.e cbd stops the rollercoaster a bit.

many of the people advocating problems with mental health are quiet about the fact that ceasing cannabis causes the symptoms to also cease, very few people smoke weed and continue to experience problems when they stop. One study showed that the rates of schizophrenia have stayed consistent and remain consistent despite the massive increase in people consuming weed.

basically, you”re fine unless you’re  one of the unlucky ones. If you feel mentally unwell whilst getting high, stop getting high.

Edited by Cursed
5 people like this

You will also find that as well as all these studies out there, actually speaking to folk who self medicate also benefit in more ways than one that you will never hear in any report, for me example:

Not smoked in 30 years, started again 3 years ago to combat chronic migraine - as well as helping me get by on a day-to-day level, I have never felt more "Normal" within myself, canna to me balances me out, its that simple.

I guess I'm lucky - I'm one hundred percent fully functional while high on canna where as I'm sub 60's when not, go figure.

I'm 24/7 canna'd for these reasons and work in a very demanding technical and communicative field.

All in all something  has been missing in my diet/biology and whatever it is is now being helped by the plant.

I used to get what we old folk call whiteouts, panic-attacks/paranoia type states but as said above CBD can quash this,  I have a very high tolerance but will still get into one of these states once in a blue moon, realise it and work with it, just like any other mental state though I see why people will reflect on this as a issue from the plant when in reality it does not matter whats substance has brought this on - could be other drug, nicotine or alcohol as all of these can alter ones mental positioning, as can the lack of a basic substance within your system like magnesium. 

Not really the direct question you were asking @Cursed perfectly responded but I feel like i know where your coming from so I hope the above is helpful.

4 people like this

one of the largest studies performed for .gov the Keel Uni study showed that rates of schizophrenia and psychosis went down when the use of sensi went up over a ten year period..

and as has been said, rates of these illnesses has stayed the same since records began..

you have a 0.05 % (very small) increase in chance to experience a schizophrenic episode using cannabis and scientifically it has an LD50 rating which means it’s considered non toxic

tobacco causes far more schizophrenic episodes and along with alcohol can give psychotic episode types only found in tobacco and alcohol users

some people that experience schizophrenic tendency’s in life are drawn to cannabis because it reportedly gives them some relief, the problem is not knowing what strain and amounts to use because research has been blocked into benefits of cannabis use

its safer than most foods and drinks consumed daily and is a brain cell protector

4 people like this

46 minutes ago, Cursed said:

CBD seems to counter act the wonky feelings some high thc strains can cause, i.e cbd stops the rollercoaster a bit.

My experience with that strain that made me a bit more loopy, mentioned above, backs this up... I had an expensive full spectrum hemp extract left from a situation I found myself in, and it did help.

12 minutes ago, twigs said:

some people that experience schizophrenic tendency’s in life are drawn to cannabis because it reportedly gives them some relief, the problem is not knowing what strain and amounts to use because research has been blocked into benefits of cannabis use

Seen this as well, infact I have an old mate friend with the condition (lower end of the spectrum, but has intrusive voices often, and the depressive episodes). Through him I met others. They pretty much all smoked weed in that group, bar 1 or 2 out of about 10 people... urban people.

What was interesting to me is that he says in some ways it makes the symptoms stronger, but at the same time he found he able to distance himself from them more easily. I find that really interesting! Last time I saw him he said he'd come to realise he'd been over doing it, and it was making it more hard to deal with, but...well, I smelt the weed in his pocket. Moderate use was key, in short.

The doctors were very anti it, but fighting a loosing battle..... to my mind, everyone has their own definition of 'I'm ok' with these life long things, and if the relative risks are taken into account, and all is well in context... fuck it. Controversial to some, that view.

1 person likes this

:skin_up:

To lighten up a bit... but is it just me that thinks they're doing the 'ministry of silly walks' sometimes when they walk to the shop for munchies?

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

:skin_up:

To lighten up a bit... but is it just me that thinks they're doing the 'ministry of silly walks' sometimes when they walk to the shop for munchies?

nope you're not alone there lol

2 people like this