Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

highway_017

PGR 'Cali' weed.

68 posts in this topic

been researching lots and lots recently and have come to the conclusion that pretty much everything I have toked for years has been grown using some form of pgr. No internodal spacing. Hard as rocks. Like you couldn't squish this stuff between your fingers no matter how hard you tried.. But it's always extremely coated in trichromes and very very tasty most times.. Normally a fab and very strong high too. Rough but very satasfying throat hit in the bong.. brilliant aftertaste.. I'm a little worried that it's going to be really tough to replicate this same quality.. I know everyone is always dissing the booster crap ruining quality and It's definately bad not endorising it but WTF?! I don't think I'm going to be able to get it how i'm used to having it without using all this crap. raging with it TBH. :wallbash:

someone with a bit of knowledge set me right please. :wassnnme:

2 people like this

I know what you mean. I have had similar thoughts about most commercial weed being full of PGRs.

However I am now not so sure. I have achieved quite hard buds on occasion, and now think that extremely hard buds are within the reach of the home grower with the right genetics and skills.

5 people like this

37 minutes ago, highway_017 said:

been researching lots and lots recently and have come to the conclusion that pretty much everything I have toked for years has been grown using some form of pgr. No internodal spacing. Hard as rocks. Like you couldn't squish this stuff between your fingers no matter how hard you tried.. But it's always extremely coated in trichromes and very very tasty most times.. Normally a fab and very strong high too. Rough but very satasfying throat hit in the bong.. brilliant aftertaste.. I'm a little worried that it's going to be really tough to replicate this same quality.. I know everyone is always dissing the booster crap ruining quality and It's definately bad not endorising it but WTF?! I don't think I'm going to be able to get it how i'm used to having it without using all this crap. raging with it TBH. :wallbash:

someone with a bit of knowledge set me right please. :wassnnme:

ach y fi...........  :beer:  ruff but very satisfying on the throat in a bong..... lol  its not for I ........ stick with canna boost it does the job sweetly,i dont grow slack dope tbh my dope hurts my fingers keep it simple after all we gotta smoke the shit. :stoned:

3 people like this

oi btw them yanks will eat anything + smoke crystal meth !!!!!!   lol

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

ach y fi...........  :beer:  ruff but very satisfying on the throat in a bong..... lol  its not for I ........ stick with canna boost it does the job sweetly,i dont grow slack dope tbh my dope hurts my fingers keep it simple after all we gotta smoke the shit. :stoned:

I know mate sounds bad doesn't it? lol canna boost eh? cheers i'll check it out. :yep:

1 person likes this

TBH I'm sure I'll be blown away with my own stuff when it comes down. Natural to worry and that I suppose. ;)
Just to clarify fuck using this shite BTW agree completely. only ones I would consider would be tricatonal which
is supposed to be secret ingrident in that canna boost. Fuck knows. lol

21 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

I know what you mean. I have had similar thoughts about most commercial weed being full of PGRs.

However I am now not so sure. I have achieved quite hard buds on occasion, and now think that extremely hard buds are within the reach of the home grower with the right genetics and skills.

good and i suppose bad to hear other home growers have had similar thoughts.. that's good you were have been able to harvest some dense flowers with the crap though.

8 minutes ago, highway_017 said:

I know mate sounds bad doesn't it? lol canna boost eh? cheers i'll check it out. :yep:

aye canna boost sweetens the flowers no end + it put some body in them,in soil i`d not bother as for some strange reason i never had the same effect as when running coco... or soiless  i use buddy week 2 / 4...then a break sor 2 weeks then i hit them up with pk 14 / 15 and canna boost from week 5 onwards ;)  im jest about to hit my dope up with a few shots of buddy as im approaching week 2 flipped. :beer:   my dope aint to shabby. :skin_up:

1 person likes this

Genetics/environment  and a vac packer lol ...commercial buds have normally been vac pack half of erm didn't look that way when went in..don't get me wrong iv grown buds like rocks but you can normally see most commercial has been vacked up..

Iv smoked a few cali bits also you will notice if you get some genuine tins/jars packege in house it's not always rock buds ..this is because it dosnt get vac packed  and you also may notice the trichomes are not squished much like when we  grow our own...:yinyang:

2 people like this

If it's good bud, it hasn't had pgr's. They kill the potency and terpines by about 30%, if you're lucky.

I've grown a few plants that had nugs so firm you could bounce them off a table, wedding cake was one, maybe seedman's jack herrer was another.  It ain't all chemicals, get the right plant in the right conditions and it'll fly :)

@thekingofobsolete interesting what you say about canna boost not making so much of a diff in soil (I grow in soil).  I'm just looking up now to see if I even need to bother with a boost, as I've changed from jug feeding to a drip feed system, so I've had to change nutes from biobizz, I've gone to canna.  Only using a/b at the min, and was looking for info on if it's worth getting a bottle of boost or not bother.  I'm not really fussed about yield, looks like i'll get pretty good it was more a question of improving the quality.

I've been saying for years and @Owderb Will back me up. 

Grow and bloom all that is needed to grow A+ grade weed

Boosters lotions and potions are for cash croppers and people with more money than growing skill imo 

You don't even catch me adding pk boosters, never mind pgrs. 

Genetics are they key but rock hard bud doesn't nesesarily equal good bud.  

Bollocks to squashed hormonal chemical bursting bud 

Have a joint of Dr grinspoon or another straggly looking 16 week sat and change how you view weed forever 

20 people like this

35 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Totally agree.

Bit of Root stim doesn't hurt either.

2 people like this

19 hours ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

Genetics/environment  and a vac packer lol ...commercial buds have normally been vac pack half of erm didn't look that way when went in..don't get me wrong iv grown buds like rocks but you can normally see most commercial has been vacked up..

Iv smoked a few cali bits also you will notice if you get some genuine tins/jars packege in house it's not always rock buds ..this is because it dosnt get vac packed  and you also may notice the trichomes are not squished much like when we  grow our own...:yinyang:

16 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

If it's good bud, it hasn't had pgr's. They kill the potency and terpines by about 30%, if you're lucky.

9 hours ago, unity said:

I've grown a few plants that had nugs so firm you could bounce them off a table, wedding cake was one, maybe seedman's jack herrer was another.  It ain't all chemicals, get the right plant in the right conditions and it'll fly :)

@thekingofobsolete interesting what you say about canna boost not making so much of a diff in soil (I grow in soil).  I'm just looking up now to see if I even need to bother with a boost, as I've changed from jug feeding to a drip feed system, so I've had to change nutes from biobizz, I've gone to canna.  Only using a/b at the min, and was looking for info on if it's worth getting a bottle of boost or not bother.  I'm not really fussed about yield, looks like i'll get pretty good it was more a question of improving the quality.

8 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I've been saying for years and @Owderb Will back me up. 

Boosters lotions and potions are for cash croppers and people with more money than growing skill imo 

You don't even catch me adding pk boosters, never mind pgrs. 

Genetics are they key but rock hard bud doesn't nesesarily equal good bud.  

Bollocks to squashed hormonal chemical bursting bud 

Have a joint of Dr grinspoon or another straggly looking 16 week sat and change how you view weed forever 

8 hours ago, Exhale said:

Totally agree.

Bit of Root stim doesn't hurt either.

Cheers for the brilliant replies chaps. ;) Set my mind at ease feeling alot more confident now. :thumsup:

4 people like this

you want rock hard buds that will smas a window if you throw them at it maybe try paniks rg4

hard as nails and my grinder lost a few teeth trying to grind this stuff up and its also a knock out smoke