Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robin_hood_guerilla

Noob question: how close to a walking path is sensible?

Just signed up :D:hippy:. Contemplating a 2020 grow:skull:.

First time grower here, well actually it's a second time, my first attempt resulted in being caught entering/leaving and the plants were destroyed a week after planting.

I'm struggling to find good plots because it seems that any natural area (i.e. not a field or urban area) here is criss-crossed with walkers' paths.

I have found some potential plots, but they are about 10m-20m from a path. Is this stupid?

I am thinking about strains such as Durban Poison and Passion #1 + some autos or semi-autos I have not decided on. I heard Durban doesn't smell that strong so my chances might be higher than if it were a Skunk #1.

What are the odds that I can make it to harvest? I may keep the plants spread out, even lone plants, so that I can afford some discoveries/losses.

I'll keep looking for better and better plots, but there is basically no expansive woodlands or scrublands here without paths criss-crossing them.

Thanks

:yinyang:

Edited by robin_hood_guerilla
spelling
2 people like this

Very good chance of making harvest. Try Google earth to find plots.

1 person likes this

I am guess people will smell them, but fingers crossed they wont go searching...

1 person likes this

To be honest you need to go deep in the woods, climbing under/through bushes if you want it well hidden then find and clear a nice spot cut some branches etc so it gets a nice blast from the sun there then you need some mesh guards put around your plants for protection so Roland rat or Mickey Mouse don’t eat/nibble away on it ;) 

3 people like this

Thanks for reply _Jamie_

I will keep searching. I might save these pathway plots for small auto-flowers and lone plants, that way I can go on a long walk and stop by to check them :D 

I need to get my hands dirty and find some woodland clearings!

I am always worried about light, so have avoided large trees in woods, but maybe I'm being too OCD about this.

My past failure may have been down to prioritising light over stealth. I had a full horizon of unshaded sun and a south facing slope (would have burned off any mould inducing moisture nicely and make plants grow bigger with more light), but unhealthy entry/exit to the site was the killer.

I have looked into treetop growing, but that sounds a hell of a lot of hassle.

More exploration will be done!

BTW I have my eyes on a marshland, but on its south side it have a hill/ridge thats over 30m tall. Could this kill a grow with too much shade?

Edited by robin_hood_guerilla