Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

doominik

Silicone, root booster etc-should I follow all the instructions?

Hi All

As a new grower I still need to learn a lot and I try to read all the info and instructions on the bottles but it looks to me like some of it is just to make us use more of the product (which I can understand: more product=more money).

Can you pass me your experience regarding what is worth using at which stage of grow?

I will give you examples of what I have in my drawer:

1. Plant magic hydro silicone and root stimulant-are they really need to be used through all live of the plant?

2. Plant magic ignition: helps to switch plant into flower but is there a point in using it till the flashing if I also use pk booster?

silicone I use at half dose from seedling till about 2 weeks into bloom

root stimulant. I don't use it these days, but if I did, I would use it for the first month or till flip. again at half dose, but it depends what you are growing in, soil? coco? hydro?

Plant magic ignition? did they give you a key? what a load of old snake oil, take it back for a refund.

Helps switch plants into flower? Nature and light schedules have been doing fine for the last 10 million years without it. 

Edited by badbillybob
4 people like this

I'm running flood and drain 100% pebbles, so i use cannazyme it keeps everything clean, otherwise just the feed.

2 people like this

@badbillybob I grow in wilma-its a dripper system and I keep my plants in clay pebbles

I haven't bought that "ignition" as I thought it over the top: bloom nuts and pk booster is enough i think 

1 person likes this

grow nutes as well for veg tho aye?

they need the additional nitrogen in veg

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, doominik said:

@badbillybob I grow in wilma-its a dripper system and I keep my plants in clay pebbles

I haven't bought that "ignition" as I thought it over the top: bloom nuts and pk booster is enough i think 

I suspect the ignition is just to change the NPK ratio for the change in the plants needs as enters early fruit set.

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

I use grow set for grow and then change for a bloom mixture (I use ghe trio at the moment) and all the other stuff on the top like root booster and pk918

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

Aye, that'll be our secret thou

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

silicone I use at half dose from seedling till about 2 weeks into bloom

root stimulant. I don't use it these days, but if I did, I would use it for the first month or till flip. again at half dose, but it depends what you are growing in, soil? coco? hydro?

Plant magic ignition? did they give you a key? what a load of old snake oil, take it back for a refund.

Helps switch plants into flower? Nature and light schedules have been doing fine for the last 10 million years without it. 

Agree with Silicon at half dose. I use the plant Magic one until week 3 of flower. Sometimes even at 0.3 ML per L.

Also Roots XL by house and garden is my root stim of choice. Not only do i have first hand experience of it performing better than the other 2 i used, but i have also been watching a few U.S commercial grow programs and thats also their weapon of choice. 

I think a root stim should always be used, but slilcon is an added extra. Cant comment on the other one.

Generally speaking, I only use silicone as an alternative to PH up.  

No flim flam

Veg feed

Bloom feed

Done 

5 people like this

5 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

No flim flam

Veg feed

Bloom feed

Done 

I hope you don't have any aspirations to get a job at a hydro shop lol 

3 people like this