Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GB12345

Light cycles with cdm 9 hours/hps 9 hours

I've got a setup with more lights than I need and I'm looking to gain the benefits from the hps and cdm while I have two leds overhead of both my pots.. I've decided for vegging I'll go 18 hours with my leds and then the cdm will be the first 9 hours then the hps will be the last 9 hours to implement the daytime brightness from the cdm and the darker night time with the hps and the red light it produces etc.... And my reason for using them both is the cdm has made my plants super bushy and the hps I want for yield... but yeah please let me know what you guys think of this idea and thanks in advance!

If you're still in veg, you'll get no benefit from the HPS as it'll produce more heat and as the spectrum has very little blue it'll make your plants stretch more.

What CDM bulb do you have?

2 hours ago, loki-will-kill-you said:

If you're still in veg, you'll get no benefit from the HPS as it'll produce more heat and as the spectrum has very little blue it'll make your plants stretch more.

What CDM bulb do you have?

I've got a 315w maxibright horizon and the bulb is the 942 for the vegging and I've got the Phillips 930 agro for flower but so I have no stretching and there very bushy but I'm intrigued whether that cycle would work though as they will always be under my leds anyway so it's mainly the hps and the cdm as supplementary I'll take a pic in a bit so you can see how I'm setup