Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Budmaster66

New grow room thinking of going to hydro ?

Hi guys I'm sat thinking about the grow room am planning for our new house when we move early 2020 it will be a garage build. I'm thinking about going full hydro iv never done hydro but I'm keen to try it as I hear it's so much better then coco ? 

What would be the ultimate hydro set up as I'm building this from scratch anything is possible ? 

I will be growing all year round so if summers a problem with water temps and root rot I will buy chillers, heaters anything I need

only ever grown in coco with good results but sick of getting rid of all the coco after harvest and to be honest I want to see what hydro can do 

any help advice on systems, nutrients would be great 

thanks 

Rdwc is unbeatable in my opinion without spending fortunes on fancy equipment. Growth in veg is insane.

1 person likes this

@michaeldbc is that used with clay balls or just water ? I'm looking to be using a 10x4 feet scrog screen would 6/8 hydro plants fill the screen quicker then coco ? 

I'm going to do some research now what's the best nutrients to use ? 

Im currently using canna coco full range would swap to canna Aqua or canna hydro ? 

Thanks for your comment 

Coco is hydro really but yeah I believe it will be faster in a dwc it's a net pot full of clay and then water underneath. Canna aqua would be the ideal I think

1 person likes this

On 01/12/2019 at 5:49 PM, Budmaster66 said:

only ever grown in coco with good results but sick of getting rid of all the coco after harvest and to be honest I want to see what hydro can do 

any help advice on systems, nutrients would be great 

thanks 

Coco is classed as a 'semi-hydroponic' medium, and can be re-used 2-3 times, see this link on the Canna website for more info ;)

http://www.canna-uk.com/re_using_coco_easier_and_safer_you_think

Edited by cannathc