Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lee1089

Hot box sulphume

21 posts in this topic

Easy guys, week 3 flower been battling with spider mite used all different products which claim to shift them but no joy so far. Managed to get hold of a hot box anyone had any experience with them or success. ? Any info welcome. 
nice one. ;)

Edited by Owderb
MOVED OUT OF NEW MEMBERS FORUM

have used sb plant invigirator 3 times over the years has always eradicated spider mites, I have problems with aphids and it don't work on them.

should have said, I once used the hot box after the grow was finished, stinks the house out I gave it away

Edited by hash72

8 minutes ago, hash72 said:

have used sb plant invigirator 3 times over the years has always eradicated spider mites, I have problems with aphids and it don't work on them.

Cheers buddy, I’m on my last attempt with these little fkers so hoping I get good results so I don’t have to bin them :( Does extractor fan have to be turned off whilst it’s in use do u know. ? Ye switched it on for hour before just to see what it’s about does have a “eggy” smell to it but didn’t seem to pass through other rooms from tent. But time will tell.... 

Thanks 

Edited by Lee1089
Missed info

I've got one, used it to kill off my thrip infestation.

Use it at lights off with all fans and such turned off, it must be hung at least 1m below anything due to the heat and sulfur vapour (which will crystalize on things above it)

set the extractor fan to come on and clear the room after (or turn it on if your in a tent) if you're in a tent you may need to do the whole room it's in.

I read not to use it past the end of week 3 of flower unless it's a long flowering strain, but have not confirmed this but you don't want sulphur powder in your buds.

I also found this info

Running times:

You should run your HotBox every other night for 2 weeks:

Night 1: 6 – 8 hours
Night 2: 2 hours
Night 3: 6 – 8 hours
Night 4: 0 hours
Night 5: 2 hours (most infestations) 6 – 8 hours (serious infestations)
Night 6: 0 hours
Night 7: 2 hours
Night 8: 0 hours
Night 9: 2 hours
Night 10: 0 hours
Night 11: 2 hours
Night 12: 0 hours
Night 13: 2 hours
Nights 14: 0 hours

Caution:

• Do not use during the last 2 weeks of harvest/fruiting otherwise your plants may be damaged.

• The HotBox releases an “egg-like” smell that’s not harmful but can be irritating. Make sure your grow room is properly sealed so that the smell cannot travel elsewhere.

• Following excessive use, a crystal-like discharge will normally form above the Hotbox. Simply use a vacuum cleaner or dustpan and brush to clean this.

• Never run the HotBox when the cup is empty

• Turn lights, extraction fans and input fans off before and during use

5 minutes ago, loki-will-kill-you said:

I've got one, used it to kill off my thrip infestation.

Use it at lights off with all fans and such turned off, it must be hung at least 1m below anything due to the heat and sulfur vapour (which will crystalize on things above it)

set the extractor fan to come on and clear the room after (or turn it on if your in a tent) if you're in a tent you may need to do the whole room it's in.

I read not to use it past the end of week 3 of flower unless it's a long flowering strain, but have not confirmed this but you don't want sulphur powder in your buds.

I also found this info

Running times:

You should run your HotBox every other night for 2 weeks:

Night 1: 6 – 8 hours
Night 2: 2 hours
Night 3: 6 – 8 hours
Night 4: 0 hours
Night 5: 2 hours (most infestations) 6 – 8 hours (serious infestations)
Night 6: 0 hours
Night 7: 2 hours
Night 8: 0 hours
Night 9: 2 hours
Night 10: 0 hours
Night 11: 2 hours
Night 12: 0 hours
Night 13: 2 hours
Nights 14: 0 hours

Caution:

• Do not use during the last 2 weeks of harvest/fruiting otherwise your plants may be damaged.

• The HotBox releases an “egg-like” smell that’s not harmful but can be irritating. Make sure your grow room is properly sealed so that the smell cannot travel elsewhere.

• Following excessive use, a crystal-like discharge will normally form above the Hotbox. Simply use a vacuum cleaner or dustpan and brush to clean this.

• Never run the HotBox when the cup is empty

• Turn lights, extraction fans and input fans off before and during use

Thanks for taking time to give me ur feed back mate ;) I’ve set extractor to go off as hot box comes on then come bk on as it goes off. So atleast I got that part right :) so u say if I’m in a tent I can keep extractor on whilst using it Or did I read it wrong? I really didn’t want to use it atall during flower but seems I’m out of options so I’ve had to give it a go. Will stop using next week which will then be week 4...I have 9-10 week strain so hopefully be ok. 
Also do it work for your thrip problem?

No problem at all.

Don't run any fans or anything else at all whilst it's on.
I didn't want it run it in flower either but it was my only choice.
Yeah I managed to wipe the thrips out and then discovered I had fungus gnats too so I deployed nematodes and yellow sticky traps which has wiped out most already

1 minute ago, loki-will-kill-you said:

No problem at all.

Don't run any fans or anything else at all whilst it's on.
I didn't want it run it in flower either but it was my only choice.
Yeah I managed to wipe the thrips out and then discovered I had fungus gnats too so I deployed nematodes and yellow sticky traps which has wiped out most already

Nightmare Ay.... so was it the hot box that cleared ur thrip prob? Really hoping it deals with these mites...  I also had some cucumeris predators earlier on in veg to deal with the thrips I hoped they would keep spider mite at bay too but unfortunately not! I’m guessing I’d of killed them off now though  with products I’ve used etc, so I’m fighting alone now haha. Fingers crossed!  How long did it take for u to notice the hot box taking effect? Sorry for all the questions haha. 
And again thanks for ur input matey.

Hotbox have something new to use rather than the sulphur that’s meant to be even better.

Ive used mine several times for mites and thrips and it works better than anything else I’ve used.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Madmungo said:

Hotbox have something new to use rather than the sulphur that’s meant to be even better.

Ive used mine several times for mites and thrips and it works better than anything else I’ve used.

Cheers brother, I’m  new to these but I’ll defo look into there new product. The sulphur is kinda smelly too so :( 

But fingers crossed I’ll see some improvement. How long they take to take  effect, any ideas? 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Lee1089 said:

Cheers brother, I’m  new to these but I’ll defo look into there new product. The sulphur is kinda smelly too so :( 

But fingers crossed I’ll see some improvement. How long they take to take  effect, any ideas? 

It’s called shield sulphur cream and is meant to be used instead of powder in the hotbox, it’s not smelly and if it’s as good as the powder it’ll be on  top of your problem inside a week. All that for £15 good eh?

15 minutes ago, Madmungo said:

It’s called shield sulphur cream and is meant to be used instead of powder in the hotbox, it’s not smelly and if it’s as good as the powder it’ll be on  top of your problem inside a week. All that for £15 good eh?

Wicked I’ll check it out. And ye I’ve spent like £80 already on loads of s*** not touched them. 
cheers bro 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Lee1089 said:

Wicked I’ll check it out. And ye I’ve spent like £80 already on loads of s*** not touched them. 
cheers bro 

No probs, the 15 is for the cream btw, the hotbox is about £80 if you can’t borrow one.

15 minutes ago, Madmungo said:

No probs, the 15 is for the cream btw, the hotbox is about £80 if you can’t borrow one.

Ye I already have the hot box borrowed off a pal , came with the powder sulphur. He’s never used it so couldn’t give me any feedback. Which is why I asked u guys ;)

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Lee1089 said:

Ye I already have the hot box borrowed off a pal , came with the powder sulphur. He’s never used it so couldn’t give me any feedback. Which is why I asked u guys ;)

It’s a great bit of kit mate, give the cream a go too.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Lee1089 said:

Nightmare Ay.... so was it the hot box that cleared ur thrip prob? Really hoping it deals with these mites...  I also had some cucumeris predators earlier on in veg to deal with the thrips I hoped they would keep spider mite at bay too but unfortunately not! I’m guessing I’d of killed them off now though  with products I’ve used etc, so I’m fighting alone now haha. Fingers crossed!  How long did it take for u to notice the hot box taking effect? Sorry for all the questions haha. 
And again thanks for ur input matey.

Yeah I blasted it for 10 hours at a time during lights off every other day for a week.
No problems about all the Q's, we're all here to help each other.

1 person likes this