Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K71

pH for organix

19 posts in this topic

Currently using organix grow anyone know what ph this needs to be?

i know in soil ph doesn’t matter too much but at just 1ml per litre of water the grow is giving me a ph of 4.5. That seems way too low to feed the plants

hi mate 

a ph of 4.5 in soil is too low in my view I would raise the ph to 5.5-6.0 

something natural as to keep with the organic grow baking soda possibly other member may chip in with other things to use  :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

hi mate 

a ph of 4.5 in soil is too low in my view I would raise the ph to 5.5-6.0 

something natural as to keep with the organic grow baking soda possibly other member may chip in with other things to use  :)

good advice. baking soda. sodium bicarbonate. one tablespoon to 10 liters of PH 4.5 water will raise it to roughly 7.

3 hours ago, K71 said:

Currently using organix grow anyone know what ph this needs to be?

i know in soil ph doesn’t matter too much but at just 1ml per litre of water the grow is giving me a ph of 4.5. That seems way too low to feed the plants

I use the organic stuff too and it seems to lower my ph to 4.5 as well. not sure what is going on. as stated above I use the sodium bicarbonate to sort it.

1 person likes this

Cheers guys I’ll grab  some bio silicon that will ramp it up

are intense planning on bringing out an organic ph+. I know biobizz do one

15 hours ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

other member may chip in with other things to use 

Nothing, stop adjusting the ph of soil feeds.

if we were talking about an unbuffered inert medium(like you have in hydro) then you need to adjust it because there is no mechanism in the medium to do this for you. But we arent, were talking about buffered soil with organic feed.

Let the soil do its job

3 people like this

@K71 as far as I know intense have no plans to release a organic ph + product

Also I will be following @blackpoolbouncer

Advice and leave ph then in future as his plants speak for themselves  

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

if we were talking about an unbuffered inert medium(like you have in hydro) then you need to adjust it because there is no mechanism in the medium to do this for you. But we arent, were talking about buffered soil with organic feed.

Let the soil do its job

I’ve read pretty much everywhere that soil will buffer down but won’t buffer up.

Had the same problem with biobizz. Everything looked fine then they just went to shit. The ph was again low 4s as soon as I swapped to chemical nutes and set the ph they seemed to stop getting worse

38 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Let the soil do its job

1 minute ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

@K71 as far as I know intense have no plans to release a organic ph + product

Also I will be following @blackpoolbouncer

Advice and leave ph then in future as his plants speak for themselves  

Thanks 

his plants do look good but again we have no idea what his ph or water is like

mine is 0 ec out the tap so I have to add a calmg additive to avoid those 2 problem

not sure what to do. As I’ve said before ph issues don’t usually show up until late veg early flower but once  they turn it’s pretty much 2 late

what I might do is feed a few without upping the ph and correct the ph of the others.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

as far as I know intense have no plans to release a organic ph + product

This is good to hear mate,shows your not trying to fleece your customers like many other companies do

Honestly if i had to ph test every input that goes into my soil id hardly do anything else.

I have never ph'd any organic concoction ive fed or added to soil or a plant, ever,

The soil ph is what is tsted and adjusted but this doesnt/shouldnt apply to shop bought compost which should come at a suitable ph with enough buffering capabilities to deal with whatever you throw at it.

Does nature test the ph of the leaf litter that falls in autumn or the fertiliser that comes out of the back of a sheep before the soil deals with it........when growing naturally, nature has the answer.

I think sometimes we forget that unless we are using chemical fertiliser in a soilless medium that we are essentially replicating a little bit of what happens in nature naturally that has evolved over millions of years to work in a constant harmonious symbiosys to a greater or lesser degree depending on how natural you wanna go

Any deviation from how nature does it in principle is not following the ready made handbook that is the observable world around us.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

This is good to hear mate,shows your not trying to fleece your customers like many other companies do

Honestly if i had to ph test every input that goes into my soil id hardly do anything else.

I have never ph'd any organic concoction ive fed or added to soil or a plant, ever,

The soil ph is what is tsted and adjusted but this doesnt/shouldnt apply to shop bought compost which should come at a suitable ph with enough buffering capabilities to deal with whatever you throw at it.

Does nature test the ph of the leaf litter that falls in autumn or the fertiliser that comes out of the back of a sheep before the soil deals with it........when growing naturally, nature has the answer.

I think sometimes we forget that unless we are using chemical fertiliser in a soilless medium that we are essentially replicating a little bit of what happens in nature naturally that has evolved over millions of years to work in a constant harmonious symbiosys to a greater or lesser degree depending on how natural you wanna go

Any deviation from how nature does it in principle is not following the ready made handbook that is the observable world around us.

But we’re not talking about the ph of the soil

do we agree that feeding at 4.5 ph is going to start lowering the actually ph of the soil

not to mention a feed at 4.5 is too acidic for the roots.

anyway will see how things go

got half my plants on one 1ml grow 2ml foundation ph 4.5, others or on the same with 0.5ml of silicon ph 6.5

btw I’m using half the reccomened dose of grow, just tested at the recommended 2ml ltr and that’s sending thing to low 3s on the ph.

21 minutes ago, K71 said:

I’ve read pretty much everywhere that soil will buffer down but won’t buffer up.

Had the same problem with biobizz. Everything looked fine then they just went to shit. The ph was again low 4s as soon as I swapped to chemical nutes and set the ph they seemed to stop getting worse

Your not understanding that a plant doesnt directly feed on the organic nutrients your putting in like chemical salt fertiliser which is immediately bioavailable.

Before your plant gets to benefit from the organic feed, the soil life must break down the nutrients into a bioavailable form.

Think of it like this, imagine the life in the soil is like a herd of sheep in the field. You can put a bail of hay in the field which contains lots of nutrient(like when you water with an organic feed) but the field/soil doesnt benefit from these nutrients till the sheep has pooped them out and made them bioavailable.

This above then goes on to prove the point again using the same principles just on a different biological scale that the shit sitting on top of the grass still has it nutrients from that hay locked in, its not till that sheep mch is washed into the soil and broken down by the soil life that the grass benefits.

This is the circle of life when you think about it.

IF  and this is a big IF your experiencing ph problems then its down to your soil not having enough buffering capacity and the solultion is to address this, not the feed ph

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, K71 said:

But we’re not talking about the ph of the soil

------yes we are

do we agree that feeding at 4.5 ph is going to start lowering the actually ph of the soil

--------no,not over the course of a grow and if it did its because you are washing away the buffering capacity of the soil so this needs to be addressed by reliming your soil 

not to mention a feed at 4.5 is too acidic for the roots

Whats the ph of your tap water to start?

Edited by blackpoolbouncer

1 person likes this

..........almost the same as mine, mine is just slightly higher than yours at 6.8

Ive never Ph'd any input I have made to tens of thousands of plants and that includes dozens of varying homebrewed liquid concentrates and teas made from all sorts.

If your soil ph is low and lack the capacity to buffer then yes you will see issues, but thats an issue with the soil that needs addressing because adjust the ph of your feed is only going to harm the life in the soil your relying on to work for you

1 person likes this