Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dirk-Diggler

Advanced Nutrients

38 posts in this topic

Just had a look at their nutrient calculator, if you select Grand master grower there are 15 different things that you need to add including the base nutrients. Interested to know if anyone has tried using all of that? My gut feeling is that it is not all needed.

Blagged my head the calculator so I just opted for the bits I like out of the range 

1 person likes this

They are an abomination of a company with all there add on nutrients that cost a real fortune

that said there sensi coco base nutrients are by far the best nutes I’ve used given that they are designed for ro/0.0 ect water that comes out my tap

feck all the other shite tho

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

They are an abomination of a company with all there add on nutrients that cost a real fortune

that said there sensi coco base nutrients are by far the best nutes I’ve used given that they are designed for ro/0.0 ect water that comes out my tap

feck all the other shite tho

I used  carbo load and big bud that all came in a 3 pack with some red powdered stuff, my serious chronic girls loved it about 12 years ago

2 people like this

I have use the full range by them but as I only have a small garden of 2 plants it meant that a litre of the AB and each additive would last ages so it didn’t seem too expensive to run with.

When I actually sat down and added up how much I’d spent on Advanced Nutrients it was shocking!

I must say if you follow the instructions at 50% dose you do get very, very good results. 

I’ve now slowly swapped over to powdered additives whilst still using up the last of my Connoisseur AB and after a few grows practice I’m happy the results are as good if not slightly better. The main thing is it’s so much cheaper you wouldn’t believe!!!

As soon as the last of the AB is used up I’ll be swapping to MegaCrop powdered base nute. I’ve been using it on the veg plants and they seem to love it.

Are they really "pH perfect"?

I consider their base nutrients for that reason-I need to leave them plants for a week or so from time to time so it would help for sure. 

1 person likes this

Iv used for 2+ years never an issue.

1 person likes this

One question:

do I need to use cal+mag with AN base using RO water?

1 person likes this

Yeah I would have thought so mate. I don't use calmag but with some strains I get a little mag deficiency and I don't ro filter my water. In my earlier grows where I just let plants suffer it seemed to fade off when switching to bloom nutes. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, doominik said:

One question:

do I need to use cal+mag with AN base using RO water?

no u dont

it actually says on the info for sensi base nutrients that you do not use calmag with base as they are designed for ro water

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

no u dont

it actually says on the info for sensi base nutrients that you do not use calmag with base as they are designed for ro water

I can see it now-I have ordered micro, grow and bloom set. 

I guess the best as always is to just read the plants 

1 person likes this

They are a joke, don't support this company. They are 90% water with a pretty label on them and actually targeted towards cannabis growers with their marketing and products... For example "Bud Candy" which to memory is like 5 or 10% of magnesium diluted in water... But obviously it makes your buds taste incredible ;) 

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

They are a joke, don't support this company. They are 90% water with a pretty label on them and actually targeted towards cannabis growers with their marketing and products... For example "Bud Candy" which to memory is like 5 or 10% of magnesium diluted in water... But obviously it makes your buds taste incredible ;) 

Im only after their base nutes for pH promise.

Rest of it looks way overpriced to me. 

On 12/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, doominik said:

Are they really "pH perfect"?

I consider their base nutrients for that reason-I need to leave them plants for a week or so from time to time so it would help for sure. 

They will put the nutes at the correct pH in RO water but they won't buffer and keep  it there for any amount of time. That part is bollocks. I can only maintain a steady pH with it by acidifying the water to 3 then pH upping to 5.5 and then adding the AN nutes. It can't compensate for the bicarbonate ions that are left after the RO and DI process... that's why I added acid first to nuke them. This is first hand empirical experience.

2 people like this

49 minutes ago, doominik said:

Im only after their base nutes for pH promise.

Rest of it looks way overpriced to me. 

It's just a soft water buffer no? I have heard it just lowers the PH and it will drift up again in hydroponic (water culture) scenarios.. In soil you don't need ph buffers. PH Perfect just sounds like another marketing ploy to me but it is only my opinion on the matter seeing mates drop over 200 quid on a nutrient line when you could do it on less than 20 kind of thing. I am sure just the base nutrients aren't too pricey, just ensure they have everything they need so you don't have to buy the stuff missing sold in other things like "overdrive", "bud igniter", "bud candy" and the other crap I have seen by them :) 

1 person likes this