Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budmaster66

House and garden ph stabiliser anybody use it ?

24 posts in this topic
16 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

My water is perfect out of the tap so I'm lucky...

Ph 7

EC 0.00-0.10

Your water will likely have sufficiently low bicarbonate ions to not cause a problem. When I RO+DI my 0.6 water to 5mS solids  the pH will still eventually rise because there's still be those bicarb ions there which I nuke with the method I described earlier. The pH stays at target pH for days with pH perfect in the absence of coco, perlite and plant. When it's used in a grow, be it hydro or coco, the pH will rise naturally because of the rhizosphere influences, airballs, clay balls and perlite etc. I'm only sharing what I've found so far and not saying this is how it should be done. There's a thousand ways to skin a cat. :)

Edited by catweazle1
1 person likes this

Yeh I'm no scientist just a grower of bud that uses dwc effectively in my own way that tries to help out others who are struggling without overwhelming them.

Regards

Stu

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Yeh I'm no scientist just a grower of bud that uses dwc effectively in my own way that tries to help out others who are struggling without overwhelming them.

Regards

Stu

That's the beauty of forums: people can look at the variety of advice and use what suits them.

2 people like this

I will continue here as there is no point to start another topik:

I use wilma too (my first hydro grow) and by pH used to do up slowly-I could set it up on 5.6 with 90-100l of water and go away for a week (which happens sometimes) and after that time pH would be around 6.1-6.3. 

Now my plants are well into bloom and my pH is ok for around 3 days and then it drops rapidly. Roots look ok and there are no algi etc and I have found a thread on this forum that its probably because of roots breaking down potassium salts. 

Now it would be impossible to leave that tent for more then 3 days so I might give that stuff a go.

you don't want to keep it at the same ph for a week. its more beneficial for the ph to drift, as Stu sleeper 20vt said earlier.

it allows the plant to take up the full range of elements, and will help prevent nutrient lock out .

between 5.5 and 6.5 is acceptable levels.

there is no need to un neccesarily complicate matters, because the water you have coming out of your tap is what it is. either work around it or get a RO system fitted. 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

you don't want to keep it at the same ph for a week. its more beneficial for the ph to drift, as Stu sleeper 20vt said earlier.

it allows the plant to take up the full range of elements, and will help prevent nutrient lock out .

between 5.5 and 6.5 is acceptable levels.

there is no need to un neccesarily complicate matters, because the water you have coming out of your tap is what it is. either work around it or get a RO system fitted. 

That's a very good point but the problem I have is that pH starts at 6.2 (as I know it will drop) and it slowly drops to 5.7 in 3-4 days and then it goes down to below 5 in 2 days.

Its ok when I'm around but last time I had to go away for a week it was 4.5 when I came back and plants didn't look very happy. 

Let me guess your at around 5 to 6 weeks bloom...

If I'm right lower your ec a bit and it'll become more stable again.

2 people like this

I agree, if its dropping that much you are over feeding. 

2 people like this

I have started using the H and G PH osmosis stablizer in my water. (RDWC system)

I have done so as I use the range of nutes and had three choices as my water had dropped below 0.2 EC

Buffer with a Carbonate.

Buffer with Cal mag Agent from canna (this will also need to be in the top up res as the agent is a sticking plaster as the rep put it to me.)

Or use the stablizier.....

I get all my water for my tanks.....I put the stabilizer in and mix until I have 0.2 EC.

Works really well at slowing my PH swings to a crawl which is important to me.....Its aimed at RDWC RO water users :yep: like me I guess :rofl:

2 people like this