Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FigmentofFig

Makeshift Smell Control (how to use a finished filter )

71 posts in this topic

The thing is tho, if your a grower or a smoker then your sense of smell ends up fucked & you just dont notice the smell, so its very easy to think every things hunky dory but your Neighbors will be like,

his house stinks of weed, the postie thinks your house stinks of weed, any delivery guy thinks your house stinks of weed etc etc etc until it comes & bites you on the arse.

I should have pointed it out earlier but I should point out that I would NEVER grow without using a good carbon filter, I even advocate that if you've got the funds, have a spare filter at hand as a good filter

is worth its weight in gold in the right circumstances, for example, in my old flat I had cops, builders, family & even the landlord & not one of them smelt a thing.

even where I live today my next door neighbour is a cop who's all bright eyed & pointed ears lol  so stealth is a priority, I even went & got a large tub of ONA to use at night in the hallway when

I'm smokin heavy just in case the cunt or anyone else comes a knockin so the smell doesn't knock them on their arses when I open the door.

Edited by Joint hogger
3 people like this

On 12/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, FigmentofFig said:

lol I would love to get an oldtimer to chime in here and ask how they managed back before carbon filters were commonplace.  cook curry every few hours? Smoke ciggys, clean house with bleach, eat durian, live in a building with lots of curry eaters,  own a ferret, live in a mansion and grow in the back,back, back, back, back room lol Light incense?  not give too much fucks?

carbon filters were around from the start of home growing in the early 90s in the uk

in california where they used to grow tiny clones under fluoros in the 80s, the law wasn't strict then, and they have a bigger country so could grow in a discreet place where the smell wasn't a problem

15 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

Homemade filter is the way to go though, for sure. Carbon is pretty cheap.

the problem with making your own filter is getting the carbon pellets to pack down tight enough

they use big shaker machines for this in the factory, and at home it's very hard to get them packed down

that means that there are air gaps and so the filter is not doing its job properly

to add to this thread, a way of adding 'insurance' to your exhaust is to put an ona gel air freshener in the exhaust duct ;)

1 hour ago, joint-tastic said:

carbon filters were around from the start of home growing in the early 90s in the uk

in california where they used to grow tiny clones under fluoros in the 80s, the law wasn't strict then, and they have a bigger country so could grow in a discreet place where the smell wasn't a problem

No idea how old you are but I knew guys in the uk in the 70,s home growing so it did,nt start in the 90,s at all, and in the 80,s we used mh lights.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, me n me girls said:

No idea how old you are but I knew guys in the uk in the 70,s home growing so it did,nt start in the 90,s at all, and in the 80,s we used mh lights.

you are probably older than me, but the first grow shop in the uk was growell in 1994, so that's what i was talking about

40 minutes ago, joint-tastic said:

you are probably older than me, but the first grow shop in the uk was growell in 1994, so that's what i was talking about

Again you are wrong as the first grow shop in uk was sunlight systems in Leicester from early 80,s.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, me n me girls said:

Again you are wrong as the first grow shop in uk was sunlight systems in Leicester from early 80,s.

ah right, shows how much i know about the olden days

I used to say this to my parents...

On 12/24/2019 at 4:15 PM, FigmentofFig said:

Only dumb if you get caught.

Then I got arrested 

Who's dumb now 

Me 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Henroid said:

I used to say this to my parents...

Then I got arrested 

Who's dumb now 

Me 

It's the way she goes bud.

1 person likes this

I can’t believe this threads still going :wallbash:

Fig, you say you don’t smoke, do you consume cannabis at all?